Sometimes or BTMYH?

Which do you prefer? I usually see a lot of love for Sometimes and it's not a bad song but I feel Born To Make You Happy gets overlooked a lot. I know some people would say the lyrics are "inappropriate" but I just feel it's a stronger song than Sometimes. Out of all the BOMT singles, I'd say BTMYH is the second best. I've never been overly fussed about Crazy either. Does that make me crazy?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rik said:

hm..... neither will be remembered as essential to her legacy (particularly because britney appears to hate sometimes) 

i'll go with sometimes though, despite it's cheese

You say that but a lot of people on here seem to think of Sometimes as one of her iconic songs. I don't so it confuses me. Maybe it was just really big when it came out? I wasn't old enough to remember.

29 minutes ago, rik said:

hm..... neither will be remembered as essential to her legacy (particularly because britney appears to hate sometimes) 

i'll go with sometimes though, despite it's cheese

um...Sometimes is most definitely remembered amongst the Britney fanbase and essential to her legacy. It's the song that further introduced us to Britney and is definitely considered a 90’s cult classic. 

1 minute ago, BRSM_jl said:

I think they were saying BTMYH was inappropriate. I just don't see it.

I was and I don't think it is but I remember reading something about how people thought it was inappropriate for a teenage girl to be singing about how she wanted to please a man/only existing to make him happy. I see it as a love song but obviously others think "how disgusting. A grown man wrote that song. It must be ******"

11 minutes ago, rik said:

i think it should be essential to her legacy, but the fact is it isn't. it was huge when it came out and would be considered a classic if she continued to perform it.... but she dropped that **** as soon as she went into the ITZ era

when the GP thinks about BOMT they generally think about Crazy and the title track. Sometimes could've been made to be part of that but alas 

Where do you get this **** from? Because you personally dont like it or remember it well? Sometimes was huge when it was released and will always be an important part of her legacy. With that song she didnt turn out to be a one hit wonder.

Archived