MGM insists: the show is postponed, not cancelled

daniel_essr

18 hours ago, Jay83 said:

Exactly. They have a contract.

Therefore she can't simply cancel unless MGM terminates the contract or they reached a mutual agreement on the contract in some ways. She can however, postpone and delay the show with agreement of MGM.

I thought the way Britney's team conducts this whole 'cancellation' really unprofessional. Britney's IG said one thing. MGM said another thing. It creates chaos. They should have agreed in one voice before announcing whether to cancel, delay whatsoever. Then let Larry and MGM do the talking follows with Britney.

Agreed. It's confusing that Britney made it seem as if the show won't go on at all while Park Theater is claiming it's only been postponed yet Ticketmaster says it's canceled and are issuing automatic refunds. But like the one user said, I guess that's standard and whenever it comes back, we can just gt the chance to buy them again and go.

Everyone who mentioned the show has to go on at some point because of contractual obligations make sense. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be surprised if Domination begins in July. It'll be a good 6 months from now. That's a decent amount of time to be around family and hopefully by then her dad will be okay. 

I guess maybe around March or April we definitely will know for sure but to me, I get the feeling that her team starting it during the summer would make more sense. 

1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

Do you think if "Domination" gets post-poned people will rush to buy tickets after the first experience? :weusay:

"Domination" is done, they cannot admit it right away to keep Britney's image somewhat protected but next month we won't even remember what a Domination was... :imok:

I'm still bitter over the make me video fiasco, stans just dont forget..:demi::demi:

I think in the end of spring we have more information. Britney tell us that Jamie is ok now, he's in recovery, a long recovery. But I think, when she see that he's going better, she restart to work on the residency. She loves Vegas, so I think she not delete this at all. Lady Gaga have do the same thing with Joanne world tour. In Italy, I bought a ticket 2 years ago for another artist, and he have problems with vocal chord, so they tell us that the tour is postponed (almost 8 months for me) but they tell us immediately the new dates so we have the same ticket. 

On 1/4/2019 at 7:10 PM, studlygeorge said:

I’m so confused and a bit upset.

Don’t get me wrong my heart goes out for her and her family and I hope she and her father are okay, but if this is is truly just a POSTPONEMENT then I should be able to keep my ticket and use it for a later date.

Ticketmaster is saying the event is cancelled altogether and only offering refunds. I know they haven’t even announced when Britney will be returning but shouldn’t I be able to keep my ticket and use it when it IS announced? I’m just confused. A lot of confilicting information. 

On 1/4/2019 at 7:33 PM, Bxnes said:

This happens every time an event is postponed and there are no dates for when the snow is going to start again.. They just offer refunds. Don’t stress about it. It’s coming back. 

Also a lot of people would be traveling to vegas for the show and since people wont be postponing their travel plans ticketmaster probably finds it easier to just refund everyones money. 

1 hour ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

I would believe this if it was any other random date but opening night and the last night should be the first ones to sell out and it was barely 60% sold.

I wouldn't mind the first shows not selling. Specially if the show is back just by January 2020, so, if I do W&T in the USA, I can go to see her.

15 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

No. Sales were not doing ok. Opening night wasn't even sold out after 2 months of being on sale. Dates were struggling.

Sales were doing bad. I’m pretty sure They were also giving tickets away and it looked bad still. 

Its the only thing Britney had for bragging rights but that’s not the case anymore. 

On 1/4/2019 at 10:36 PM, Daxx said:

Ok I am so done with this :cackling: 

they literally said Britney was going to sing live through the whole show and then they confirm it was all gonna be pre recorded... are they trying to embarrass Britney or something? Just sing live it won’t be that hard!!!!!! It would take more time to record vocals than actually sing with the track i- :watrusayin: :mariahstare:

*can you come up with something else?? Can you come up with something elllse??*

:cackling:

:bedtime:

Archived