This is why Britney is the best pop star and the most interesting since Michael Jackson

jamesedward94

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jamesedward94 said:

Yeah but for my generation (young 20’s) Madonna isn’t really that interesting....AT LEAST for me. I just don’t care for her. Nothing she does interests me. You can’t deny her legacy though! It’s even bigger probably.

I’m in my late 20’s and I’m a fan of a lot of Madonnas work, but I agree with you. As a person, she’s quite boring (and rude). She has a huge legacy for sure but Britney is Britney *****. A multifaceted, ultracharismatic phenomenon. No one has touched that status since Britney’s debut and the only person who looked like they were going to was Gaga but she burned too bright and fast. 

2 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I’m in my late 20’s and I’m a fan of a lot of Madonnas work, but I agree with you. As a person, she’s quite boring (and rude). She has a huge legacy for sure but Britney is Britney *****. A multifaceted, ultracharismatic phenomenon. No one has touched that status since Britney’s debut and the only person who looked like they were going to was Gaga but she burned too bright and fast. 

If I were a few years older I might like Madonna more, but just not a fan. And uncharismatic? Maybe now, but she was always very charismatic to me! 

I didn’t read it all but I agree. The similarities are there. I do believe they have made lasting impacts career wise as well as personal issues.

they were both on top of the world in their prime. Loved by many and talented most noted for their visuals and dance moves.

their personal issues got in the way of their image. The media turned on them but remained humble.

they both have this child like attitude and outlook in life. Michael loved kids and so does britney.

the transformation in their physical appearance with the surgeries and sloppiness, strange behaviors are both topics of discussion.

And they are both loved by their fanbases very much. Their fans will do anything to defend their fave.

8 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

I didn’t read it all but I agree. The similarities are there. I do believe they have made lasting impacts career wise as well as personal issues.

they were both on top of the world in their prime. Loved by many and talented most noted for their visuals and dance moves.

their personal issues got in the way of their image. The media turned on them but remained humble.

they both have this child like attitude and outlook in life. Michael loved kids and so does britney.

the transformation in their physical appearance with the surgeries and sloppiness, strange behaviors are both topics of discussion.

And they are both loved by their fanbases very much. Their fans will do anything to defend their fave.

You are not seriously comparing Michael’s transformation to Britney’s? Sure Britney’s has some changes but c’mon now....

14 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

You are not seriously comparing Michael’s transformation to Britney’s? Sure Britney’s has some changes but c’mon now....

Oh absolutely not. Just Britney’s surgeries have been a topic just like michaels. And the questionable behavior and choices in outfits. I remember people were confused with Michaels choices.

4 minutes ago, 0happydancing0 said:

You could easily be fooled! majority on here hate on literally everything she does, says, wears etc plus then lie to make it out as if everything she's done post 2004 sucked. 

THANK YOU.

Buttttt at the same time, I think a lot of people on here are just huge fans and have been disappointed for sooo long that they just are extra negative most of the time. I still genuinely get excited about Britney and think she’s still great and I’m proud to be a stan. 

She is bashed on here wayyy too much though, and I serverely hope and pray she never visits this site.

1 minute ago, jamesedward94 said:

THANK YOU.

Buttttt at the same time, I think a lot of people on here are just huge fans and have been disappointed for sooo long that they just are extra negative most of the time. I still genuinely get excited about Britney and think she’s still great and I’m proud to be a stan. 

She is bashed on here wayyy too much though, and I serverely hope and pray she never visits this site.

I agree. I can name straight up haters but I know they’ll come for my *** so I don’t want to name them. but for the most part a majority are frustrated fans. 

40 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

LOVE Janet, but she is NOTTT as iconic or legendary as Britney. Better performer, yes. But Brit wins!

If you actually think JANET JACKSON isn’t as iconic as Britney, when I’m not sure what your definition of “iconic” is. She’s 51 and she’s been working since she was 5. Britney stopped giving effort at 30. 

2 hours ago, Phonography423 said:

If you actually think JANET JACKSON isn’t as iconic as Britney, when I’m not sure what your definition of “iconic” is. She’s 51 and she’s been working since she was 5. Britney stopped giving effort at 30. 

Britney reaches almost everyone in a way. Janet does not, even though she has been more successful. Janet has always been more urban while Britney’s music was more for commercial overall and for the masses in my opinion. And Britney’s level of infamy, like it or not, make her stand out more. Maybe she’s ahead of Britney, I don’t know. I just personally like Britney more.

3 hours ago, 0happydancing0 said:

You could easily be fooled! majority on here hate on literally everything she does, says, wears etc plus then lie to make it out as if everything she's done post 2004 sucked. 

It’s not hate, it’s criticism. If we take into account her showmanship and professionalism in 2018, we have a right to complain. I’m happy she is happy in her personal life but her career is a different thing.

Madonna and Jackson are both objectively better and more talented, Michael was arguably even more controversial than Britney (idk, I'd rather be called crazy and be reminded of a head shaving "incident" than be called a ********* for the rest of my life and after) but you can't deny that not only was Britney the Madonna / Michael to the 00s generation she was also a new kind of pop star, one that was overexposed and showed the world (though not directly) how disgusting and scum pap culture is / can be.. the people that say Britney isn't icon are delusional in every sense of the word, end of story.. she is one of the biggest if not the biggest icon of the 00s and the pop world in general.. :bedtime: though in regards to Michael and Madonna, I do think that they got to express themselves much better than Britney ever did which explains why there's a lot less respect for Britney.. :xfactorlook:

6 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

If I were a few years older I might like Madonna more, but just not a fan. And uncharismatic? Maybe now, but she was always very charismatic to me! 

I said ultracharismatic :)

My gosh, no one could ever say Britney was uncharismatic. No one from this generation or last had the charisma or stage presence that Britney had. 

2 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

It’s not hate, it’s criticism. If we take into account her showmanship and professionalism in 2018, we have a right to complain. I’m happy she is happy in her personal life but her career is a different thing.

I’d love to agree that it’s just criticism, but a lot of the time it is hate or mockery. Also, perhaps had she not been constantly critisied for everything she does from going to Starbucks to daring not to have her makeup done professionally every waking minute, she might care more about her career :jlostare:

I do agree it’s hard being a Britney fan, especially the last few years where not much is happening, but the hate and mockery (or criticisms) aren’t aimed only at her career. In fact, 90% of the criticisms on here are for her face alone. I don’t think Britney can ever win tbh. It’s always been a damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t situation. I personally believe that even if she started performing like her prime self again, her “fans” would find something to complain about. Her current nose or hair colour are popular complaints so she’ll never win. Especially not on here. 

Not dragging you, just putting it out how I see it :kiss:

Archived