This is why Britney is the best pop star and the most interesting since Michael Jackson

jamesedward94

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney is the most iconic and interesting compared to her peers (artist that debuted in the 90s and early 00)

I would definitely compare Britney to Michaels success and interest from the public. They were loved and equally ostracized equally  

I would compare Beyonce to Madonna in the sense of the public’s opinion on them (not success) Neither of them really had public hardships in their career the way Britney and Michael did. So their image is remains untainted and their achievements seem bigger than what they are. 

And Janet is not not mentioned the way Madonna and Michael are, because she was all but erased from music history in 2004. She’s worked harder than both of them during the 90s and 2000s. 

The delusion in this thread.

Madonna says hello. If she's boring, I can't imagine what Britney is. Madonna is still taking her career seriously, working on a new record, charities, raising six children, giving it her all while Britney vacations in hawaii, skips rehearsals, doesn't promote and is very "It's really cool" when describing her work. Yeah, no. 

2 hours ago, Dollanganger said:

The delusion in this thread.

Madonna says hello. If she's boring, I can't imagine what Britney is. Madonna is still taking her career seriously, working on a new record, charities, raising six children, giving it her all while Britney vacations in hawaii, skips rehearsals, doesn't promote and is very "It's really cool" when describing her work. Yeah, no. 

Thanks for the downvote for my opinion :)

You’re right, Madonna definitely takes her career seriously, still works very hard and puts out quality most of the time.

But the post is about interesting. So for me, although Madonna is the undesputed queen of pop with a largely flawless discography, she as a person isn’t all that interesting (to me at least). 

In your point above, you’re only mentioning current Britney (which I acknowledged doesn’t give us much the last few years) but I would argue that up until 2013, was very interesting to watch and follow. From her iconic prime to her iconic breakdown, to her iconic come back and all the mysteries in between, Britney is/was incredibly captivating. 

Also, for me the difference between Britney being more interesting than Madonna is that Madge loves the media attention and often seeks it out. Britney also has done the same, but a huge amount of the attention she didn’t want and a lot is just speculation. I guess there’s something about wanting to know what you can’t or shouldn’t :endit:

Archived