I don't believe in Justney. Fight me

ralphcornio

Britney-Spears-Justin-Timberlake-1.jpg?w

One of the most known, most talked and most controversial couples in history of pop culture. Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears, also known as prince and princess of pop, respectively.
Now, I want to know exhale's honest opinion on this. I always see people bringing then up and saying things like ("ah Britney / Justin was recovering from their breakup during time x / song y in their lives. Ok, I'll admit it: I'm a little bit over-skeptical over all of this fuss, and It bothers me a bit we use it as excuses, as if both were completely miserably and vengeful post-breakup. Doesn't it bother all of you that, ironically, two of the most popular pop acts of their time get together, inspire iconic moments (such as the one in the pic), and then their breakdown happen, causing all drama and lots of promo for their releases at the time (specially, Justin's Justified (Pussyfied as described by Britney). Not to mention all the things they made up, claiming Britney lost her virginity to him and so on, just to make their relationship look like more than it actually was. My concrete opinion is that they didn't have a true relationship; it was all made up to sell more, SPECIALLY the dramatic break up. Its easy to see Justin has nothing to do with the actual type of man Britney looks for in general (she loves messy guys with a garage band or similar, see Kevin Federline), it always looked very much fake to me. What do you guys think? :truthtea:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was young, puppy, teenage love. Shouldn't be more complicated than you’re making it seem, lol.

They both grew up in the entertainment biz as small-town Southerners, basically together, and were in-demand, overnight successes. They were able to relate on a deep level in the midst of this crazy teen-pop explosion.

Once that explosion was sealed and they entered their 20’s, they set foot in a new phase and chapter in their lives. By then, it was in their best interest to move on. By 2002, Britney was clearly unhappy in the relationship, for whatever reason may be. My guess is that she wanted to venture out and explore something new, maybe see other men? And being a *****, attractive 20-year-old *** magnet didn't help her case.  That, or maybe she was tired of being chained to a relationship that she saw no future in and wanted to be alone.  

Yes, JT often referred to their break-up to launch his solo debut and some other projects because it was a marketer’s dream. Britney sold and anything related to Britney was bound to be talked about in the press. As a result, he did anything to get free publicity and so he ran with the idea that talking about Britney would not only boost his career but it would label him as this innocent guy who had his heart broken. That was the motto he ran with for several years, seems like. 

Anyway, it’s really not as deep as you’re making it seem. :drown:

I hate conspiracy theories :icant2:

Isn't it also mad coincidental that they both knew each other as children and were on TV together and then became huge pop stars? But that all happened. Coincidences do happen. So them getting together is not even a stretch. :nochillbrit:

Obviously PR romances do exist, but Britney and justin don't have any signs of one. There's no way when she talked about CMAR in chaotic she was just 'reading lines' or something. :britoverit:

PR romances are for grabbing headlines or covering up sexuality. Britney needed neither of these.:kiss:

1 minute ago, DignifiedLove said:

It was young, puppy, teenage love. Shouldn't be more complicated than you’re making it seem, lol.

They both grew up in the entertainment biz, basically together, and were in-demand, overnight successes. They were able to relate on a deep level in the midst of a teen-pop explosion.

Once that explosion was sealed and they entered their 20’s, they set foot in a new phase and chapter in their lives. By then, it was in their best interest to break-up.

JT often referred to their break-up to launch his solo debut and some other projects because he knew that it was marketing magic. Britney sold back then and anything related to Britney was bound to be talked about. He did anything to get free publicity back then and so he ran with the idea. It’s really not that deep as you’re making it seem. :drown:

Or you're not deep enough to understand things are the other way around :pieceofwhat:

59 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Or you're not deep enough to understand things are the other way around :pieceofwhat:

Hun, what is the point you’re trying to justify here? That I’m not deep and you are because you have convinced yourself that Britney and Justin’s entire relationship was artificial and a hoax? That they planned a fake relationship for years only for it to rise and fall, as if it was planned??

Again — my statement stands:

It was young, puppy, teenage, almost like a high-school sweetheart kind of love. They related to eachother on deep level because he understood what she was going through in the midst of this rise to superstardom, and vice versa — and these were the words of Britney herself: “that he was able to relate to her when nobody could.”  Both came from the small-town Southern mindset and both had an interest in the arts and showbiz.

Fame isn’t authentic, that you can argue, especially when you’re being sold to marketers left and right like Britney + Justin were, so you could argue and say that their relationship wasn’t normal or a typical one but you cannot convince any of us that all the times Britney gushed or spoke about their love (Diary, Oprah, TCA, etc.) was not ‘true’. She was very much in love, keeping in mind that this was the mindset of a 19-year-old global superstar. 

Anyway — I’m really not trying to waste my my time here arguing with someone about a topic that’s 15+ years old, been discussed through night and day, and one who doesn’t understand the basics of Marketing 101 or the concept of ‘puppy love’ (as described by both Britney and Justin), then goes on to tell me I’m not deep enough to understand. :lowkeyno: 

53 minutes ago, Avatar said:

I never believed in it. Always seemed like Justin was using it to gain attention for his solo career. Nobody cared about him until he started dating her. It was all about JC. 

:icant2:

Um, you're not actually being serious or are you trolling??

Go watch literally any NSYNC interview, TV special, music video, commercial and you would always see JT front and center.  Every major music magazine, journalist, and record company predicted and labeled JT as the stand-out star who would most likely go on to succeed as a solo artist, even before Britney and Justin announced their relationship. 

I swear, some of you Britney stans really seem to live in an entirely different dimension. :decisions:

54 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Britney-Spears-Justin-Timberlake-1.jpg?w

One of the most known, most talked and most controversial couples in history of pop culture. Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears, also known as prince and princess of pop, respectively.
Now, I want to know exhale's honest opinion on this. I always see people bringing then up and saying things like ("ah Britney / Justin was recovering from their breakup during time x / song y in their lives. Ok, I'll admit it: I'm a little bit over-skeptical over all of this fuss, and It bothers me a bit we use it as excuses, as if both were completely miserably and vengeful post-breakup. Doesn't it bother all of you that, ironically, two of the most popular pop acts of their time get together, inspire iconic moments (such as the one in the pic), and then their breakdown happen, causing all drama and lots of promo for their releases at the time (specially, Justin's Justified (Pussyfied as described by Britney). Not to mention all the things they made up, claiming Britney lost her virginity to him and so on, just to make their relationship look like more than it actually was. My concrete opinion is that they didn't have a true relationship; it was all made up to sell more, SPECIALLY the dramatic break up. Its easy to see Justin has nothing to do with the actual type of man Britney looks for in general (she loves messy guys with a garage band or similar, see Kevin Federline), it always looked very much fake to me. What do you guys think? :truthtea:

Justin has nothing to do with the actual type of man looks for in general?What do you mean...is equal or worse that Kevin (the other guys have been bought ,no they are not real relationships) .Obviously he used her, she was the girl had an impact on the industry and Justin was the kind of Nsync .Thanks to the relationship with her ,the world and her discography focused on him .I think that relationship was dark ,Justin's cold and ****** attitude after the break up .Lance said in his time that they has many fights,Justin was cheating many times(Nicole,the girl in his video "it's gonna be me",Jenna Dewan,etc) The videos of Everytime ,Tko and Mirrors that talk about fights, I think it was a possessive and toxic relationship.She did well not to go back with him .

I'm sure the are-they-or-aren't they-together/virginity thing was strictly PR-based but I think the relationship itself was genuine. They knew each other since they were kids, they connected on a level they couldn't with anyone else because of their shared history/similarities and they both basically mirrored each other at that point in their careers--small-town Southern kids who grew up in the public eye with the same passion for performing. Justin even said that years later in an interview--
"We were two birds of the same feather -- small-town kids, doing the same thing. But then you become adults, and the way you were as kids doesn't make any sense. I won't speak on her, but at least for me, I was a totally different person... I just don't think we were normal; there was nothing normal about our existence. We spent way too much time being the biggest thing for teenyboppers."

I think they were in love and had a deep bond/genuine feelings for each other (the way they lit up around each other melted my 12-year-old heart haha) but they were also like 20 years old. They really were kids. Then the suspected cheating happened, hearts were broken and everything fell apart. They grew in two totally different directions after the break-up. I don't think there's any way in hell they would be together now, even if they hadn't had broken up way back then. I can barely even imagine them holding a conversation now. :thinkney:

19 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Um, you're not actually being serious or are you trolling??

Go watch literally any NSYNC interview, TV special, music video, commercial and you would always see JT front and center.  Every major music magazine, journalist, and record company predicted and labeled JT as the stand-out star who would most likely go on to succeed as a solo artist, even before Britney and Justin announced their relationship. 

I swear, some of you Britney stans really seem to live in an entirely different dimension. :decisions:

Nah they started pushing Justin to the front in early 2000 when their second album was being released, when they were already dating in 99.

25 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Nah they started pushing Justin to the front in early 2000 when their second album was being released, when they were already dating in 99.

Sorry, but I've got to disagree with you there. The first album was more of an introduction to the band itself and a chance for all members to shine in unison, even though some were more popular than others. I know for a fact that both JC and Justin got the most vocal time, however and in essence, it was mostly their introduction to the world so of course it was only fair that all members got an equal opportunity, as best as possible. 

Yes, Justin eventually got more limelight because his star quality had catapulted and swooned everyone during the 97-99 years. He was labeled the most attractive one and even got more vocal time. Did dating Britney Spears help push him further into the limelight? Of course, but even if JT went on to date Xtina, Jessica or even Willa Ford, he still would have been the  group's 'frontman'. Let's not delude ourselves here. 

Archived