What do you think was Britney's last influential album?

Lil Jay

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say Blackout or Circus

On 9/27/2018 at 8:23 PM, Born2Die said:

Femme Fatale

You had girls doing the EDM and more dancey music after that. Like Demi Lovato - Neon Lights, Selena Gomez's "Stars Dance" album...

Not really. Femme Fatale was trend hopping at the time. Stars Dance and Neon Lights were influenced by either Blackout or Confessions On A Dancefloor.

5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I would say Glory since it brought G Easy into mainstream 

Wait, what. Haha! Don't come for Eazy. I like him. 😍 Not his music but him as a man. Haha! ❤

And unless this is a joke, no, G-Eazy had a very massive hit single in Me Myself and I featuring Bebe Rexha almost a full year before Make Me was released. Outpeaked, outlasted and outsold Make Me by 5 times. :cutebrit:

On 9/28/2018 at 9:59 AM, Inuyasha said:

I think Femme Fatale was her last Influential Album. However, while Glory didn't do anything spectacular, I wouldn't consider it a trend chaser either. 

There are like 20 songs similar to each Glory track. The only tracks that dont sound as anything else are maybe DYWCO, Change Your Mind, Hard To Forget Ya and Liar. The rest is basically a mix of Selena, Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran and Major Lazer. 

All of y’all saying Femme Fatale lmao Britney followed a trend. She just did it at the right time. She didn’t set the dubstep trend.

Blackout was the last one. It really set the standard for electronic pop in general. It’s influence was present throughout the 2010s. If anything, Femme Fatale was heavily influenced by Blackout

• 2 months later...

Archived