What do you think was Britney's last influential album?

Lil Jay

I mean an album that set the standards and trends for the next year or two, or just was a pioneer together with some other similar works. 

I think it was Femme Fatale. It introduced a dubstep into pop music, also brought EDM in general to its peak, who still lasted until mid 2013. 

BJ and Glory weren't that influental and already were highly influenced by other trending albums. 

What do you guys think? :raven:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Goku said:

Femme Fatale? lmao :beylaugh:

Dr. Luke produced EDM music with Kesha and Katy before the release of FF.

The last influential Britney's album is Blackout.

Then '3' for sure started EDM even before Keesha and Katy. 

But the thing is that FF helped EDM to find its peak in 2012, I didn't say it introduced it to pop. But Dubstep for sure is first brought publicly in HIAM without no doubt. 

3 hours ago, Lil Jay said:

Then '3' for sure started EDM even before Keesha and Katy. 

But the thing is that FF helped EDM to find its peak in 2012, I didn't say it introduced it to pop. But Dubstep for sure is first brought publicly in HIAM without no doubt. 

And Britney was a powerful vehicle at the time still, which was why HIAM went to number 1. And it was a different sound for her, so she definitely had a hand in getting that sound to the mass market 

I’m going to say BO. Britney’s music throughout her career has never had good reception from the industry and critics. But last year, after BO turned 10, so many mainstream major publications achkowledged how it really was influential. And many of them stated BO as her best album of her career 

21 hours ago, Lil Jay said:

I mean an album that set the standards and trends for the next year or two, or just was a pioneer together with some other similar works. 

I think it was Femme Fatale. It introduced a dubstep into pop music, also brought EDM in general to its peak, who still lasted until mid 2013. 

BJ and Glory weren't that influental and already were highly influenced by other trending albums. 

What do you guys think? :raven:

I agree with you FEMME FATTALE :)

1 hour ago, rck92 said:

Blackout. EDM and Dubstep was already very popular here in Europe. Many DJ’s who came up with that sound, def not Britney. Britney took inspiration from those DJ’s for Femme Fatale.

Just as most things Britney has done, she's not the first one ofc but she made it look cool or took it to the mainstream scene. Of course, EDM and dubstep did exist before she used them but it wasn't something popular current acts would do. Just like Madonna with the voguing thing, she didn't invent it, she just took that underground style and she incorporated into a mix of dance + pop music which also existed before but she made it sound fresh for the new 90's generation. Something similar happens with Britney. 

1 hour ago, Inuyasha said:

I think Femme Fatale was her last Influential Album. However, while Glory didn't do anything spectacular, I wouldn't consider it a trend chaser either. 

Tbh, there's an earlier version for every Glory track. It definitely IS a trend follower album, which not necessarily is a bad aspect, the sad thing is that she didn't embraced it at its 100% 

Archived