Remember when Britney made the Grammys great?

February 23rd, 2000, 18 year-old Britney performed live at the 42nd Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California. 

Justin-interviewed-Britney-Spears-2000-Grammys.jpg

Our young queen blessed the ceremony with "her heartfelt version of 'From the Bottom of My Broken Heart,' which opened with a sequence depicting Young Britney as an aspiring pop star and led into Britney playing balladeer while clad in a cloud of tulle. That, however, quickly led to an army of robots taking over the stage, and Britney ditched the fairy-princess garb for a bodysuit that made dancing to '…Baby One More Time' (not to mention a brief interlude where Britney's footwork took center stage) much easier."  (Britney Spears’ 11 Best Award Show Moments

britney-grammys-5-1423025825.gif?quality=.8&height=270&width=396

Britney was nominated in two categories:

• Best New Artist (winner - Christina Aguilera)

• Best Female Pop Vocal Performace - "...Baby One More Time" (Single) (winner - "I Try," Macy Gray)

tumblr_pb925xMGbv1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

vWYg2d-1423025860.gif?quality=.8&height=270&width=396

On January 28, 2018, E Online asked readers to vote for the 20 most iconic Grammys looks of all time.  Britney landed at number 4, with 6.27% of votes for her White Randolph Duke Gown (Ranking the 20 Most Iconic Grammys Looks Ever, According to You!)

rs_634x1024-150204154025-634-britney-spears-grammy-fashion.jw.2415.jpg?fit=inside%7C900:650&output-quality=90

2000feb23-britney-spears-grammy-outrageous-fashion-600.jpg

d738e5c6afc66c4c2e84c22fe5f2ae32--britne

britney_spears-64.jpg

britgram2000.jpg

o-BRITNEY-SPEARS-570.jpg?1

"For me, success is a state of mind. I feel like success isn't about conquering something; it's being happy with who you are."

1*CIAaxPCUBQgYqOsioSJ9eg.png

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I recorded on VHS and watched it over n over lol

Same! I used to love how you can totally see her run out from under that giant fan thing after FTBOMBH lol

1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

i loved that night! that performance is cheesy now of course but at the time it was so awesome ha

So cheesy! The weird flower people? The tulle skirt. Those robots. And that dance break :gimmemoar:. Of course I’ll always love it. Iconic! :clap:

Guest Brichney.
51 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

So cheesy! The weird flower people? The tulle skirt. Those robots. And that dance break :gimmemoar:. Of course I’ll always love it. Iconic! :clap:

Foreshadowing the transhumanism movement. Queen of the CIA. :ohi:

Grammy is very shitty award and here's why:

1. The time frame is weird, it's from let's say 2018 october (10th month) to next years 2019 September (9th month). So if you release an single in September 2018 and album in october 2018 the single will be nominated for 2019 grammys and the album for 2020. How does that make sense at all?

2. Submitting song or album to the grammys is pain in the *** and smaller labels and artists have no idea at all how to do it and even bigger labels sometimes refuses to do it if they think that it's not winning

3. The voting phase is rigged, rotten and broken *** hell. The committee is HUGE I mean there are thousands of peoples who may not have any idea of the music that they are voting for. There are many reports that some voters have literally no clue about who to vote, they just pick popular names. What would you do if you were voting for movie stars and you didn't know no one expect Meryl Streep? Would you pick random or her? 

4. There are small private committee that can rig the votes if they feel it needs to be corrected!!  Nothing much is known of it but it exists because sometimes the biggest awards are going to "wrong persons" like Lionel Ritchie rather than Prince in 1980s. Maybe britney even won the best new artists but they chose christina instead because she can sing better :hideous:

5. Your change of winning is determined by your reputation in the industry pretty much. Britney has poor reputation in music industry so that's why shes never even nominated. 

6. Many talented bands and singers never won grammy or have only one or few. Diana Ross (won after she died), björk (0), Queen (0), Depeche mode (0), nicki minaj (0) and katy perry (0) (i think they deserve grammy for at least best dance songs even tho i'm not a fan), ABBA (0) (one of the most influential bands in modern pop and dance), spice girls (0), Avril Lavigne (0), Jennifer Lopez (0), Tupac (0)

7. Some artists have way too more grammys. Beyoncé (22), u2 (22), jayz (21) Kanye West (21), Rihanna (9), Taylor swift (10). Not saying they're not talented or anything but they keep getting awards again and again for mediocre songs and albums too.

8. Insiders know that grammies are **** including Britney lol

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4512-1378821891-12.

Edit: oops Diana Ross is still alive and well but she's never won real award (expect for we are the world but it was supergroup song), just lifetime grammy. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Marvel said:

I remember thinking for the longest time that final HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME! was all her.  :gloria:

I've always loved this performance, she sang FTBOMBH live and sounded amazing (she nailed the pre-chorus) and performed BOMT like a seasoned pro.  I hate that dance break tho.    She should have won BNA, tbh.  :bsass:

Yeah I was stuck to the screen all night, rooting for her.  It was devastating! :wontcry: And, they gave it to Christina right after her performance.  Such a shitty move.

7 minutes ago, Captain Marvel said:

I love me some Xtina, I really do, but that Grammy was Britney's.  :woopsie:

Me too.  I have Xtina's Cds, and she's clearly a strong vocalist.  But BNA Grammy has never been about that.  Not sure what the exact criteria is, but 1999 was the year of Britney Spears, in terms of the music industry.  But whatever :ririshade2:

Archived