Britney Spears Ordered to Pay Kevin Federline $100,000

IconicShow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I’m not mistaken, Britney’s always paid for Kevin’s legal fee including during their divorce proceedings and the custody case a decade ago.

“According to court documents obtained by E! News, $100,000 will go toward Federline's legal "costs and fees," with the remainder given to Benchmark Resolution Group.”

This money is not for Kevin, it’s to pay his lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan. After his lawyer is paid his fee Benchmark Resolution Group (a dispute resolution company) gets their fee paid. Kevin himself hasn’t received more $ from Britney yet. Lawyers are expensive AF. The longer this drags on the more $ Britney’s going to have to pay the lawyers, hers and Kevin’s.

“Kevin requested that Spears cover his attorney's fees incurred to date and future fees anticipated to be no less than $250,000 and $100,000 for forensic accounting fees, in addition to requesting an increase in child support.”

Source: EOnline https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.eonline.com/amp/news/960568/britney-spears-ordered-to-pay-kevin-federline-110-000-in-ongoing-child-support-battle

“Today, Kaplan told E! News, "This was an initial contributive payment. If Britney and the conservators continue to fight tooth and nail about turning over any financial information, this will not be the last fee order they're ordered to pay me on Kevin's behalf. It's puzzling why they're putting so much energy into fighting the disclosure of her finances but I'm not deterred. We will get there eventually, it's just a question of how much they want to cost themselves creating speed bumps on the road to the ultimate destination."

Look, they’re dealing with 2 different courts: probate court (Cship over Britney’s finances) and family court (child custody case). Ok my understanding of this is maybe Jamie was allowed to increase child support payments to Kevin temporarily when Britney toured for Circus in 2009. It was reported Kevin received an additional $5,000 on top of whatever he received in child support, just so the boys could travel with her. Didn’t Kevin travel with them on certain dates of the Circus tour? I thought so but maybe I’m misremembering.Tbh idk if that $ arrangement was just a mutual agreement between Jamie and Kevin or if the court ultimately approved it. But to me the way in which it was reported it read like it was just between the two men. Not the court. But I can’t say for sure. Just going by what I read.

Now since Kevin is wanting upwards of $60,000+ monthly in child support increase they will definitely have to go through the courts to work it out. I’m sure Kevin’s lawyer understands this!! Kaplan knows Jamie on Britney’s behalf cannot casually agree to such a huge substantial increase being deducted monthly from Britney’s estate without permission from probate court. As co-conservator of the estate Jamie legally has to give account to where Britney’s money is going and reason why. It’s to protect Britney financially. That’s also private sensitive info. A lot of her financial info gets reported to the public, too. It’s for transparency purposes. However no one is going to instantly hand over their financial info just because their ex and his lawyer says so. There is a process to observe. Kaplan needs to stop grand standing in the media acting like he doesn’t understand why Britney’s side is “fighting the disclosure of her finances”. Uhh, that’s because she can and it’s the right thing to do unless or until the probate court judge agrees she should turn over that info to Kevin/Kaplan. 

Now we know Britney has to pay $110k for Kevin’s lawyer ($100k) and that other company ($10k each, to cover Kevin and her costs for their work). I wonder how much Britney’s paying her own team of lawyers? A **** ton. Yes, she has the money to pay everyone working on both sides of this case but it’s still a lot of money even for millionaires. This could come close to costing her estate nearly $1 million dollars. 

On 8/16/2018 at 4:06 AM, Denise said:

exactly, you're right.....I'm following Victoria to see what the boys are doing. Maybe I'm crazy but from the videos, the boys (especially Preston) seem very distant

Distant from who  Britney or Kevin ?

On 8/17/2018 at 7:13 PM, Denise said:

Kevin and his lazy wife

Preston adores his father and his father adores Preston.The boy unfortunately wants to be like his father because you think Preston wants to be a Dj in the future?because his father instills it, instead of enhancing it in other things like sport  because of what little we see, it seems he is good at.I hope that Kevin´s frustrations I did not pay Preston,the child would be the injured.It breaks my heart that they play with children as a bargaining chip especially Victoria who is only father partner and is the least indicated to speak and do .Thanks to her new foolishness in social media ,people have learned that Jayden is in 6th grade thing that I do nor think it makes funny to Britney .

9 hours ago, Winter _90 said:

Thanks to her new foolishness in social media ,people have learned that Jayden is in 6th grade thing that I do nor think it makes funny to Britney .

Yeah, and thanks to her, a lot of people know their school. This is horrible

Well if he can't pay his f**king fees he should get cheaper lawyers or a pro Bono case!!!!! I don't know how fuvked up that judge is?? Here in Germany it's always the person who loses the case who has to pay the fees. 

And I don't know what shitty lawyers Britney has. She should get better ones!!

Also..does Kevin not own a car or something? Can't he drive the kids to school with his fat ***?

Why can't Britney get full custody already I'm so sick of this ****.

I wish Preston and Jayden would read the news and tell the judge they wanna live with Britney!!!!

Archived