We need to talk about Myah

Duffney

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I've posted about this to death but honestly, how can people still argue that this voice...

...is the same as this voice.

people seriously think these two are the same?   dyingmonkey.gif

the very very obvious difference is the pronounication, britney's voice is thicker than myah's.   Also in WB, myah pronouce the word, "Work" as "word" u betta word *****.

2 hours ago, STJ said:

people seriously think these two are the same?   dyingmonkey.gif

the very very obvious difference is the pronounication, britney's voice is thicker than myah's.   Also in WB, myah pronouce the word, "Work" as "word" u betta word *****.

For reals. It’s like someone saying the videos with the snap filters are her real voice. There’s obvious differences and that’s the reason the myah Marie album isn’t on my phone. 

4 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

The long and short of it is Britney was preparing an album, writing songs and working with urban producers up until summer 2013, then Will.I.Am was made the Executive producer of the album, after Scream and Shout did well. A number of producers suddenly came out and said their songs were scrapped because Will and his team wanted a final say on the tracks. This set them back to the start and meant they had to rush produce tracks, but at this point, Britney (being completely uninterested in this project at this point) didn't have the time to do it (Between family duties and Vegas, which became the main purpose of this era). Britney did minimal takes, regardless of quality, and then myah was brought in to fill in the blanks. 

They were in too deep with the 'personal' thing, and tried to brand it as such....

Some people refuse to believe Myah is on the majority of tracks (lets be honest, it is embarressing) but we have no footage of her singing in a documentary that was filmed between july through to december 2013, producers and writers on the album wiped their hands of their songs on the album, there's too many inconsistencies in the credits, and for the love of god, there are stems labelled myah that are singing lead vocals.

Do we know which specific lead stems are credited to Myah?

4 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Honestly I have no idea why it happened. Will was brought on board early in the year, there was plenty of time for Brit to lay vocals for 12 songs. Whether her vocals weren’t good enough or it was a stupid production choice, I don’t know.

What I do know is Britney’s team and Britney herself signing off on this album and then going forward to promote is as personal, saying she wrote on every track etc is one of the major nails in the coffin for Britney’s career. She lost a lot of fans after that, and rightfully so. It’s actually incredible the media didn’t rip her apart and it stayed largely within the fandom.

It changed my perception of her career for sure

Her team & will.i.am liked Myah's vocal covers so much they really thought it would fool fans.  Which it has, there's still people on this forum who refuse to believe otherwise.  There's a strong distinction between Britney's vocals alone ("Don't Cry," "Perfume"), when her's are freakishly merged with Myah's ("Work *****," "Till It's Gone"), or where she's completely removed altogether aside from a few words ("Passenger," "Chillin' With You").  It's bad enough she doesn't bother to sing her own songs live, but to have a session singer impersonate her was a real low.  Glory was a fitting title in more ways than one, that album made me believe again.  

15 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

The long and short of it is Britney was preparing an album, writing songs and working with urban producers up until summer 2013, then Will.I.Am was made the Executive producer of the album, after Scream and Shout did well. A number of producers suddenly came out and said their songs were scrapped because Will and his team wanted a final say on the tracks. This set them back to the start and meant they had to rush produce tracks, but at this point, Britney (being completely uninterested in this project at this point) didn't have the time to do it (Between family duties and Vegas, which became the main purpose of this era). Britney did minimal takes, regardless of quality, and then myah was brought in to fill in the blanks. 

They were in too deep with the 'personal' thing, and tried to brand it as such....

Some people refuse to believe Myah is on the majority of tracks (lets be honest, it is embarressing) but we have no footage of her singing in a documentary that was filmed between july through to december 2013, producers and writers on the album wiped their hands of their songs on the album, there's too many inconsistencies in the credits, and for the love of god, there are stems labelled myah that are singing lead vocals.

Wow this makes so much sense. Exactly what I was looking for, thank you for the insight. As usual with that album it all comes back to Will.I.Am. 

:ririshade2:

Public enemy #1

14 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

No, we don't, it's been discussed to death.

*PS, I don't mean this rudely, I just can't do it again but know where you can find some answers you're looking for.

Thank you, I swear I looked but I didn't see these threads! Exactly what I was looking for.

Archived