She's Coming! Janet Jackson's New Song "Made For Now," Featuring Daddy Yankee, Drops...

Jordan Miller

• Leader

"Island inspired groove."

Janet's Daddy Yankee collab is full steam ahead!

[adinserter block="1"]

UPDATE // AUGUST 13: 

We have a date! Janet confirmed herself "Made For Now" arrives this Friday. See her post below:

[adinserter block="2"]

UPDATE // AUGUST 9:

Word on the street says Janet's new song, "Made For Now," featuring Daddy Yankee, arrives next week!

There's two rumored dates floating around. One is Friday, August 17th (or Thursday at midnight). The other is the 18th, a Saturday. I'm leaning towards the former, because why would she release a song on a Saturday?

We know Janet already shot a video for it, and apparently it's a short film. 

What are you to take away from this post? Expect new Janet next week!

One week to go... #MadeForNow #JanetJackson

A post shared by Janet Love (@janetlovecom) on

[adinserter block="3"]

UPDATE // JULY 24:

The pop star was spotted filming a music video for the track, rumored to be titled "Made For Now," in the streets of New York City.

She's serving some lewks!

The director is supposedly Dave Meyer (Ariana Grande's "God Is A Woman," Katy Perry's "Swish Swish").

See the previews below:

[adinserter block="4"]

UPDATE // JULY 23:

Janet Jackson's new single reportedly features Daddy Yankee, and it appears they already filmed a visual for it. A wardrobe stylist spilled the beans on social media over the weekend. 

"So I worked my first video shoot today (wardrobe). The lady said it was for Jane Jackson. I'm like who tf is that? Turns out it's Daddy Yankee & JANET JACKSON," she wrote in the now-deleted Tweet.

There's no denying Daddy Yankee knows how to take a song to the top of the charts. I'm curious how this will perform despite my initial reservations. I'll stan.

[adinserter block="5"]

EARLIER // JUNE 19:

I probably should've revealed less in the headline, but I'm excited.

Ms. Jackson is releasing a new song titled "Made For Now" in the very very near future.

EST1997.com broke the news. They described the track as "uplifting" that's "uptempo" and "boasts an island inspired groove." I'm freaking out.

According to the song's registration on publishing website ASCAP, producer Darkchild is attached to the track.

It's rumored to drop on Wednesday, June 20(!!!). Spread the word...

Are YOU excited for Janet's new single? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived