BRITNEY JEAN IS BETTER THAN GLORY.

DignifiedLove

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually the album did show growth and critics praised Britney for her experimentation and most importantly INVOLVEMENT!!! :mhmnod: while there are some painfully generic songs like Love Me Down, Just Luv Me and Make Me, she experimented with a lot of different sounds and she really caught me off-guard by how quirky some of the songs were.. there's doo-wop, there's a smidge of latin, there's a smidge of reggae, there's R&B, there's "If I'm Dancing" (whatever that is, that's one hell of a weird ******* song).. Coupure Electrique??? :shameless:

3 hours ago, WhatYouNeed said:

till it's gone still SLAPS, let's be clear on that :sew: 

I actually hate. Even if Britney really recorded (which is definitely not the case since she barely even sang a single line on this song), it's an atrocious, old, generic edm mess that would have sounded bad even as a FF reject

My final verdict that BJ is poorly produced (will.i.suck bai), Myah mess was ridic, and over produced, but there were a number of really beautiful melodies and songs. that don't get enough credit (WB, hold on tiite, brightest morning star, alien, etc, etc).... (and there were some alarmingly bad songs like Chilling witchu). 

• 1 year later...

Well, BJ is obviously crap but I will agree that Glory indeed was kinda stale... Britney being passionate and into this era really made up for it but still, most of the songs were pretty generic. The album cover was awful. The vocals and the production were pretty great tho. Having said that, I still listen to Perfume more often than any other song on Glory. Now don't kill me pls. :toodles:

8 hours ago, marioh said:

Well, BJ is obviously crap but I will agree that Glory indeed was kinda stale... Britney being passionate and into this era really made up for it but still, most of the songs were pretty generic. The album cover was awful. The vocals and the production were pretty great tho. Having said that, I still listen to Perfume more often than any other song on Glory. Now don't kill me pls. :toodles:

"Perfume" is understandable. It's a masterpiece. :katybelt:

Still... "Glory" remains some of her best work. :rihannayas: It's like "Rebel Heart". An incohesive mess, but seperately 80% of the songs are great. :mj: These days, the only songs that I skip if they ever come on shuffle are "Hard to Forget Ya", "Coupure", "Clumsy" and maybe "Invitation" if I'm not in the mood for it. :nynod: Yes, I even listen to "Private Show" and "What You Need". :katycream: "Basic Jingles" can't relate because I only listen to 4 songs on it. Maybe 5 if I'm in the mood for a religious bop ("Brightest Morning Star"). :byesmoke:

Archived