this performance has more choreo than whole POM

troubleguy

This was a great time period for pop music in general if we're comparing her to todays nobodies.  You either have stage presence or you don't - Britney even at her worst still has "it".  The "it" factor, "X" factor - whatever you want to call it - which is one of the reasons why she's still around.  True the girls today might have "hit" songs but they are here today and GONE tomorrow.  Completely and utterly forgettable and dull.  Great, they may "sing" live - but if you are going to own a stage with just your voice, you better be amazing and let's face it - there isn't much of that in pop music today.  

Getting back to this performance - yes, the live vocals on "Sometimes" are really strong and I love everything about the performance - the vocals, her outfit, the look - when her jacket comes off and the wind blows - just perfect.  Britney was the ultimate teen pop star - she had it all.  

I do get somewhat annoyed when I watch BOMT era performances because I KNOW she can still sing live like this and we would be very, very happy if she gave us 30 seconds here and 30 seconds there of her voice.  I just don't understand it but that's getting off topic.

So yes, great performance!  

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Andrew338 said:

That's my problem with pop girls now, i don't see the same energy o will

like compare it to this

i swear, the only pop girl that really get's me going now is miss camila

It's just a matter of stage presence and energy. Out of these three performances, I actually prefer Dua Lipa's though. Britney and Camila definitely perform better and have a lot more stage presence, but I just like the visual style of Dua's performance. It's a lot more interesting and appealing for me to watch.

On 2/23/2018 at 12:52 PM, Andrew338 said:

That's my problem with pop girls now, i don't see the same energy o will

like compare it to this

i swear, the only pop girl that really get's me going now is miss camila

You also have to remember that Camila has had about 6+ years of professional experience (including X-Factor and Fifth Harmony) by this time, so it's not really fair to compare Dua Lipa to her and it makes sense that she appears more confident. Britney used to invest so much to her performances and didn't settle for anything less than perfect as well as not wanting to showcase something she didn't feel confident/proud with. I miss those days. 

Christina performed at the same award show that same year:

I don't mean to bring back the rivalry, but the fact that this was her main rival and what Britney had to compete with at the time you definitely could see why Britney has always been such a great entertainer. Yeah, Christina sang her entire song live, but the overall performance left nothing for the audience and was very "high school talent show" compared to Britney's. 

Archived