Unofficial Britney: Piece of Me thread - December 30 2017

PokemonSpears

3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It's as if every once in a while, in a rare moment, she remembers she's...Britney Spears. :bparty:

I don't know why but this made me feel kind of sad :overwhelm:

She still gets nervous like when she's doing the Oops break or most of the show, but it's true that at some points it's as if she went back to her old self and all of her insecurities are gone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Look who made a comeback

I look at videos like this and wonder how people think that she has improved with POM. Her dancing was so much better before. They really let it go on a year too long and I fear that taking this same show on tour will just make her even worse. 

2 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

I look at videos like this and wonder how people think that she has improved with POM. Her dancing was so much better before. They really let it go on a year too long and I fear that taking this same show on tour will just make her even worse. 

I think there are moments when her anxiety takes over, like this, and this year it's been more usual, but then there are moments when she slays, and overall she looks better, she moves better. She moves. Now she moves more than what's needed but for example, the other day I saw someone complaining about her compulsive movements when she's on the tree during Toxic, that might look weird, but in the first POM performances she barely moved in that part and I think that looked worse.

Definitely 2016 was the best year, and she had an increase in her energy. Sadly, nor Britney, nor the dancers or a choreographer, the show director, I don't know, nobody was able to focus all that energy into something positive, a well done choreo, more challenging for her and that looked better, that suited her style better. Her improvised moves are so bad because there's no rehearsals, at least not enough, so she goes onstage without a plan of what she's gonna do when she decides to change a move or skip something, and that only increases her anxiety and nervousness, and the result is a video like the BOMT/OIDIA break. Maybe in 2014 the choreo was more "on point" because she didn't have any energy so she was just following the steps. The choreo was always bad anyway in most of the songs even if it was well executed: silly hand movements, spins, pointing here and there, so that didn't work anymore when she had this transformation or whatever happened to her when she became single. That didn't work anymore, but because she had no direction she only replaced all those silly movements for other silly movements, that are probably worse like the chest explosions, the butt wiping, crouches, etc., but at least they came from her, she was finally showing she didn't like the original steps.

Britney, like, in her personal life has made a huge progress: she's become super fit, she's doing gymnastics, I mean, when will 2013ney or 2014ney do a backflip or handstand or all that stuff she shows on her Instagram? Not to mention FFney. So of course she's better now and that shows (at times) in her performances, just her presence, the way she moves from one place to another, I mean, she's not doing the backflips onstage, but you can notice her posture and everything has changed, they just never took advantage of this renewed Britney to make a better show, but I still see a progress, as illogical as it sounds.

57 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know why but this made me feel kind of sad :overwhelm:

She still gets nervous like when she's doing the Oops break or most of the show, but it's true that at some points it's as if she went back to her old self and all of her insecurities are gone.

Part of the reason she's so confident during the Slave break could be because she knows it so well.

If you watch her during the Oops break, she's watching the other dancers for cues as to what she's supposed to be doing. It's easier when she's with the female dancers because she can replicate their moves, but sometimes the male dancers do different moves than her so it's harder for her to mirror them.

I think it all comes down to how much she's willing to rehearse. She just doesn't love POM enough to put in the time. 

7 minutes ago, maquisl said:

I can't believe this is real. What a mess... :gross::meltdown: I'm honestly curious to know what she thinks about this...

Oh, and did anyone see Sam's history last night? "Peace Of Me" I laughed so hard :orangu::mcorangu:

AP with Sams history - and nobody believed me because he had taking it down.

Archived