Britney should have released 2 EPs instead of 2 albums while in Vegas

Nando.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vegas had nothing to do. She could've easily released more singles while the residency still existed. She could've done promo performances, she even proved she could've done mini-tours during her breaks. It was their decision not to do so.

BJ might not be the best album of her discography but is not as bad as people make it seem. It could've perfectly had a couple of hits if the right singles were released at the right time. Perfume was the worst single they could've released, especially with such a bad videoclip.

Glory had even more potential but it all was wasted. 

If an album hasn't aged well, that's Femme Fatale. 

Shakira stopped having great albums since Laundry Service, but still, most of the times she released lots of singles per album, and she has all the Latin audience, plus English-speakers plus the countries that add up. Songs that weren't that good or spectacular like Don't Bother or Addicted to You, Did It Again, received the single and video treatment, and even though they weren't the greatest hits, helped her perpetuate her image, show she has diversity. 

BJ for example should've received more singles after Perfume, even if Perfume flopped, but it would've created the illusion that she keeps releasing hit after hit and could've shown a huge variety in her style if she released songs like Alien, Tik Tik Boom, Hold on Tight, NTIFY, ISBE, etc.

Glory has a lot of styles as well, even if the album in general feels more cohesive than BJ.

I think it's better to keep releasing stuff even if it's "bad" than stay completely away from the music scene. Yes, Christina hasn't released an album since Lotus, but she has released singles, and except for the big collaborations, nothing has really made an impact. I don't think that's a good sign of anything. 

Glory is still a really good album regardless of the sales :sneer:

Her vocals on Glory **** all over BJ and FF combined. Let's not get delusional.

And it's quite obvious that she was more involved with Glory than BJ and FF. 

Make Me is a good song that was ruined by a bad MV, otherwise it might have done better. I wouldn't put DYWCO over Make Me if it was an EP. 

16 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

(I am from latin america, sorry my bad english)

:ineedthetruth: In the critique, "Glory" had a better score than "Femme Fatale", "Circus" and "Blackout". The fact that you do not like it does not mean that the album is bad. In addition, he gave the fans the opportunity to listen to their music in a more "relaxed" way and put aside that "100% commercial pop". the main problem of the album is that it did not sell, and since the b-army only care about the numbers they started to hate the album because yes.

I think "Britney Jean" is a horrible record. But it is the only record of the whole race, oh come on, nor that the race must be 100% perfect.

Glory only has a higher score because only 14 critics bothered to listen to it :mcorangu:

Archived