What's the GP's status on "Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman"?

forefortifive

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the other day, me and the vice principal at my school got into an argument over Britney having more impact than Beyoncé, and he's been tainting me with little Britney references ever since. The other day he came in my class cause he's friends with the teacher and made an INAGNYAW reference, and me and my teacher got it, but literally none of the other students did. 

So id say it's a hit with the people that grew up with her. Not older people, not younger people. 

9 minutes ago, Iexpectyouto said:

the other day, me and the vice principal at my school got into an argument over Britney having more impact than Beyoncé, and he's been tainting me with little Britney references ever since. The other day he came in my class cause he's friends with the teacher and made an INAGNYAW reference, and me and my teacher got it, but literally none of the other students did. 

So id say it's a hit with the people that grew up with her. Not older people, not younger people. 

What were his arguments though? I can name 10+ new popstars (male and female) who have cited Britney as an actual musical influence... Beyonce? Correct me if I’m wrong but Beyonce’s impact is outside of that realm. It’s more having to do with concepts.

Guest Brichney.

Flop? No, hunty. It was a decent global hit! Number 2 in Europe. It wasn't a major hit, tho, but definitely not a flop. The album sold well, though.

Her vocals are flawless on that song! 

:tear:

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

What were his arguments though? I can name 10+ new popstars (male and female) who have cited Britney as an actual musical influence... Beyonce? Correct me if I’m wrong but Beyonce’s impact is outside of that realm. It’s more having to do with concepts.

Nothing, mostly he would just say inflammatory stuff like "crazy in love is better than toxic, single ladies is better than womanizer" and stuff like that. He told me later he agreed with me the whole time and just wanted to mess with me lol. I think he said something about bey's record sales being comparable to brit's because of the dip in album sales after downloading became a thing. 

1 minute ago, Iexpectyouto said:

Nothing, mostly he would just say inflammatory stuff like "crazy in love is better than toxic, single ladies is better than womanizer" and stuff like that. He told me later he agreed with me the whole time and just wanted to mess with me lol. I think he said something about bey's record sales being comparable to brit's because of the dip in album sales after downloading became a thing. 

Personal opinions, bye. :orangu:

Even with sales, it’s different. B eats Bey in albums. Singles it’s probably even? Probably with a bigger edge towards B. Bey is a bigger touring force though.

Archived