Songs you favor lyrics over production and vice versa?

indyRS

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

I love Abroad lyrics but the production is a total mess. On the other side, I love NTIFY instrumental but the lyrics are too repetitive. I hate they used the same verses both time. 

This. That would be a great song if the second verse wasn't just an exact repeat of the first :kyliecry:

39 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

I love Abroad lyrics but the production is a total mess. On the other side, I love NTIFY instrumental but the lyrics are too repetitive. I hate they used the same verses both time. 

34 minutes ago, ...oops said:

This. That would be a great song if the second verse wasn't just an exact repeat of the first :kyliecry:

Did someone say NTIFY

The lyrics for "Cinderella" and "Scary" can both get pretty cringe-y at many parts, but their production is so good. 

"Out From Under" could definitely have better production - the lyrics and her delivery are pretty emotional, but the productions falls flat & feels pretty one-note. 

2 hours ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

Til It's Gone is such a beautiful song.Lyrically one of best songs ever but the production could have been so much better,just like a lot of songs on Britney Jean :crying2: 

*I have always thought it would make a good single.

That bridge though is beautiful. The rest kind sucks ***.

2 hours ago, storm said:

How I Roll for Production (because who listens to HIR for lyrics)

Liar for Lyrics (I don't like they processed her voice and how they hide her belts near the end of the song, it could've been so much better)

I agree with Liar. I also hate the mouthpiece in the beginning.

18 hours ago, storm said:

How I Roll for Production (because who listens to HIR for lyrics)

Liar for Lyrics (I don't like they processed her voice and how they hide her belts near the end of the song, it could've been so much better)

Totally agree about Liar honestly! I also wish they would have left her vocals alone in MOTM too! 

Heaven On Earth comes to mind the lyrics are great, but they over-produced the final version of the song and some of the vocals/beautiful lyrics get lost....like the cute things she says at the end of the song can barely be heard. 

Archived