why did jive force her to sing like that?

JP9101

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on what I've read about her auditions to the record labels, they didn't like her voice that much. The first two just said NO. 

Jive had some that liked her and some weren't that crazy about her voice but they thoughts she'd "look great in a music video" and the baby voice was supposed to make her sexier. Like a ********* dream basically :sickofu: Childhood innocence mixed with sexuality. 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Mohd93 said:

Based on what I've read about her auditions to the record labels, they didn't like her voice that much. The first two just said NO. 

Jive had some that liked her and some weren't that crazy about her voice but they thoughts she'd "look great in a music video" and the baby voice was supposed to make her sexier. Like a ********* dream basically :sickofu: Childhood innocence mixed with sexuality. 

Not exactly, they liked her natural voice otherwise they would’nt have signed her. They were going to make her more of a mature artist hence why half of the BOMT album has some slow and her with her deep voice but pop was starting to become big and Jive wanted to cash in on that so they basically spent a whole year to retrain her voice. I mean it would be a waste of their time and money just for a mediocre singer when they could get someone with a pop voice. It’s the fact they already signed her and spent some money on her already which is why half of the songs are from the original direction of the album when she was with Eric Foster white before they have her working with Max.

but you are rI gut about the **** thing, I mean it’s disgusting to read an exec’s admiration for how she rolled her eyes, while she sang. Very creepy.

5 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Not exactly, they liked her natural voice otherwise they would’nt have signed her. They were going to make her more of a mature artist hence why half of the BOMT album has some slow and her with her deep voice but pop was starting to become big and Jive wanted to cash in on that so they basically spent a whole year to retrain her voice. I mean it would be a waste of their time and money just for a mediocre singer when they could get someone with a pop voice. It’s the fact they already signed her and spent some money on her already which is why half of the songs are from the original direction of the album when she was with Eric Foster white before they have her working with Max.

but you are rI gut about the **** thing, I mean it’s disgusting to read an exec’s admiration for how she rolled her eyes, while she sang. Very creepy.

how do you know about the retraning part.?  

They probably thought that this was more commercial and they were right she sold millions with it. I personally dont think her natural voice (as an adult) is that good she sounds a bit ... toady to me. But maybe she was just singing the wrong songs. She was also rejected form 2 recod companies with it and Jive even said "she garbled I will always love you" and that they didnt like her singing.

"Thinkin' About You" should have been a single and probably the overall direction she should have taken.  But instead her vocal fry register was amped up on "Oops!" and never left.    I love her signature voice, and thankfully her pre-JIVE voice is still present, but more songs in her actual register would have done her a lot more favors as an artist.  

22 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

They probably thought that this was more commercial and they were right she sold millions with it. I personally dont think her natural voice (as an adult) is that good she sounds a bit ... toady to me. But maybe she was just singing the wrong songs. She was also rejected form 2 recod companies with it and Jive even said "she garbled I will always love you" and that they didnt like her singing.

Toady :haha: I don’t why but has made me howl with laughter!

Archived