Dylan Will Not Participate reacting to Blackout (Finally)

Katara

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
18 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I liked his reaction, it’s nice to see non stans appreciating Britney.

Agreed. :howiroll: Also, it’s not like the B-Army has that many YouTubers reacting to her music (positively), so at least he pays attention to her albums and music videos! :meltdown:

51 minutes ago, confidentnotcocky said:

So people that don't like the review are pressed?:wyd: 

I feel like he over analyzes everything, it's a Britney Spears album:wyd: 

Even the Toxic video, it's like dude, it's not a fly on the wall doc:wyd: 

It was an alright review, nothing special. I don't know people are defensive over him, chill.:wyd:

That’s what he does, why are you all bitching? Did he say anything that was bashing her or the music? No. :whitney:

You all want Britney to be paid more attention by the GP and non fans. Well damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

You guys are giving me Little Monster teas with the over sensitivity, it’s tragic. :girlwhat:

42 minutes ago, cheri said:

ok next time he'll sit there and repeat the words "cool and funky and urban" every five ******* seconds like certain 36 yr old women do about their own work :wyd:

44 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That’s what he does, why are you all bitching? Did he say anything that was bashing her or the music? No. :whitney:

You all want Britney to be paid more attention by the GP and non fans. Well damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

You guys are giving me Little Monster teas with the over sensitivity, it’s tragic. :girlwhat:

I'm not getting into an argument over this guy, some people don't like him/the review, he's not even that relevant. I just think its weird that people take issue and say people are pressed. Like you said he didn't bash her so what why would they be pressed? 

Damned if you does damned you don't? It's not that serious, it's a YouTube review. 

I probably shouldn't have watched it in the first but I was bored. I mean what did he say that was interesting? He said he liked the songs and some were too long but in a long winded way.

I'm not being over sensitive, I just don't get it. It's really that simple

4 minutes ago, cheri said:

i didnt even watch it because i dont care about him but i dont see the point in complaining about someone analyzing songs in a review. :wyd:better than the dumb **** britney says that's for sure :wyd:

Britney doesn't sit reviewing album though so that doesn't really matter 

I think it's the way he does it, I just found it annoying. 

Just now, cheri said:

yes she has tho? she's had listening parties even for oops and she always said dumb, boring predictable **** throughout them :wyd:

Oh, well I meant in YouTube this way 

Sadly I wouldn't expect much her if she did this, I mean; she said she didn't know the meaning of oops which I find highly frustrating 

It was just a comment, I didn't expect anyone to care lol

3 hours ago, Jesusb29 said:

He's loving it :bop: 

I mean as you said FINALLY!! I've been waiting him to do a  reaction to this album! Although one thing kind of annoys me. I've been following him for a year now, I remember him mentioning in one of his videos over the summer. That he did a reaction to Oops and Baby (albums) and never uploaded either of those?! which kinda really annoyed me! He's probably one of the few Britney non-stan/fans that actually likes respects her. He even watched the music video to both Oops and Baby and admitted liking them! :)

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why are you all so pressed and angry? :orangu:

I liked his reaction, it’s nice to see non stans appreciating Britney.

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I totally agree with you on both counts! It's actually nice to see someone who isn't a fan to compliment her work. Honestly, because she's dragged more and more as the years go by (by the GP and fans alike)

And I'd take your point further and say, he may not be a huge personality. However he and other reactors, watch/listen to stuff people want (which is popular)  so anytime any of these guys reacts to Britney's work(s) it does in fact make the audiences listen to her album/songs. He has subscribers, not all are Britney fans. Some of them may not have even heard Blackout in full, maybe with this video they did. (this is just an example) So Yeah I agree, there's no need to be over sensitive about opinions.

4 minutes ago, mylonliNESS said:

I totally agree with you on both counts! It's actually nice to see someone who isn't a fan to compliment her work. Honestly, because she's dragged more and more as the years go by (by the GP and fans alike)

And I'd take your point further and say, he may not be a huge personality. However he and other reactors, watch/listen to stuff people want (which is popular)  so anytime any of these guys reacts to Britney's work(s) it does in fact make the audiences listen to her album/songs. He has subscribers, not all are Britney fans. Some of them may not have even heard Blackout in full, maybe with this video they did. (this is just an example) So Yeah I agree, there's no need to be over sensitive about opinions.

A lot of his subscribers are younger and request newer acts. Since Britney isn't bothering to throw herself out there again as of late, making her back catalog accessible is crucial to recruit younger fans in order to keep her legacy alive. You have a great point, not a lot of people have probably heard the album in full. This is why all the praise in the past week Blackout has received is important and Dylan made a note of that.

It's embarrassing that instead of appreciating this fact and someone actually looking at the album's content objectively, some people are bashing the guy based off his taste and way of reviewing the music... which is the same way the critics look at it.

9 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

A lot of his subscribers are younger and request newer acts. Since Britney isn't bothering to throw herself out there again as of late, making her back catalog accessible is crucial to recruit younger fans in order to keep her legacy alive. You have a great point, not a lot of people have probably heard the album in full. This is why all the praise in the past week Blackout has received is important and Dylan made a note of that.

It's embarrassing that instead of appreciating this fact and someone actually looking at the album's content objectively, some people are bashing the guy based off his taste and way of reviewing the music... which is the same way the critics look at it.

Exactly! In fact what's most ironic about this scenario is that not only, as you said, are people bashing him for his taste. His reviews to Britney's content, even the Make Me (MV) which he actually enjoyed!, have been fair/nice! Yeah he tends to over thin sometimes, which s you pointed out, all critics do! In reality he's probably the rare exception of people who still consider her a legend (don't look down at her recent work). While at the same time, doesn't get too hyped up like her fans.

Also as a side note, you are so spot on about the young age demographic. In fact even in Shane Dawson's new video, he spent a day with a child actor (kid). Albeit he's only 5, but he says he's never heard of Britney (Spears). So if kids like him thanks to these videos are getting introduced to her music, Heck YES!

1 minute ago, mylonliNESS said:

Exactly! In fact what's most ironic about this scenario is that not only, as you said, are people bashing him for his taste. His reviews to Britney's content, even the Make Me (MV) which he actually enjoyed!, have been fair/nice! Yeah he tends to over thin sometimes, which s you pointed out, all critics do! In reality he's probably the rare exception of people who still consider her a legend (don't look down at her recent work). While at the same time, get hyped up like her fans.

Also as a side note, you are so spot on about the young age demographic. In fact even in Shane Dawson's new video, he spent a day with a child actor (kid). Albeit he's only 5, but he says he's never heard of Britney (Spears). So if kids like him thanks to these videos are getting introduced to her music, Heck YES!

Yep, the new generation of kids have zero idea of her legacy. This another reason why she needs another huge era. Circus / Femme Fatale secured it for the teens of this current generation. I hope Britney is able to light her spark at least one more time. B10 being full circle on her 20th anniversary gives me an edge of hope. Vegas is ending, Glory I considered a return to form (I feared she lost her ear for pop music after the 1, 2 punch of BJ / PG), so all that's truly left is for her to shove out another great album on the level of Zone and Black and maybe with her kids becoming teenagers (and they won't want to hang with mom 24/7 anymore) she'll be bored and be more inclined to promote. :yesokay:

20 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Yep, the new generation of kids have zero idea of her legacy. This another reason why she needs another huge era. Circus / Femme Fatale secured it for the teens of this current generation. I hope Britney is able to light her spark at least one more time. B10 being full circle on her 20th anniversary gives me an edge of hope. Vegas is ending, Glory I considered a return to form (I feared she lost her ear for pop music after the 1, 2 punch of BJ / PG), so all that's truly left is for her to shove out another great album on the level of Zone and Black and maybe with her kids becoming teenagers (and they won't want to hang with mom 24/7 anymore) she'll be bored and be more inclined to promote. :yesokay:

Hopefully you're right! :) as for the bored part... we might get a sequel or a full version of 

:unbelievableney::omgreallyney:

Archived