What Is "Pretty World"?

Circuit

2 hours ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

@BoyToySoldier is right. "Pretty girls" wasn't meant to be just some buzz single. It was supposed to be lead single off Britney's album at first, then Iggy wanted it for her album and actually got the track, cause at that time Britney didn't have finished album. Then Iggy got a call from team Britney and they wanted track back, because at that time they were ready to start new era and had finished album, which Iggy confirmed in one of her interviews. If you followed the whole case, you are aware that everything we know about the song is because Iggy talked a lot about it. Britney acknowledged "Pretty girls" way later at some Vegas charity event. Also, big amount of budget was spent on promotion, font, special Uber rides, web design... When single underperformed on every existing chart, they scrapped the whole project due bad reception. That's pretty much it. :mhm:

Britney stated herself it was a single from her next album

“I saw her video and I was just a huge fan. I was thinking about my next single for my next album and what I was gonna do, and I wanted to do a girl anthem. Something that was very girl empowering and that was kinda funny. I thought a whole take on valley girls and just kind of making fun of that would be fun for us to do. She was really down for it.”

http://popcrush.com/britney-spears-pretty-girls-piece-of-me-iggy-azalea-z100-interview/

The Pretty World title was just part of the backdrop. It was in POM as well if I'm not mistaken.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's basically the name the fanbase has given to the initial version of Album 9 (Glory). Kind of like the initial version of Album 5 (Blackout) was Original Doll.

@BreatheOnMoi @BrittonJeanSpears I doubt Pretty Girls was ever a stand alone single, it had to have been attached to some kind of project whether it was an album or EP. We had a new logo, updated website and a bee theme that wasn't a part of Pretty Girls graphics or promo.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150524193109/http://www.britney.com/

494991.png

logo-icon.pngbow2.png

Side-2.jpg

These are so ugly. Thank god that direction - however intensely it was supposed to be implemented - got quickly scrapped. 

Pretty World was the name of Britneys unreleased album

Britney wrote most of the tracks herself and the track list was probably like

Pretty Girls Ft. Iggy Azalea

Pretty World 

Who Ate The Cheese (Doggy Style)

Pretty Pony

Liar 

Lovely Rose

Corn On Da Cob Ft. 2 Chainz

I'll Teach You (2 Dance)

Pretty Beautiful (Mommy *****)

billboard performance and vegas concept of prety girls, the performance itself it was supposed to be a part 2 of the video where iggy takes britney to her planet "pretty world"  

can't find the video with the interview where iggy confirmed the concept of the perfomance but that's why at the beggining of the performance you see brit and iggy "teletransported" into the stage

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

There was also a rollercoaster somewhere in USA with this name and with giant Britney sitting on the rocket (like in the single cover) but I can't find the photo now..

somebody remember this as well?

member-berries-south-park-i-member.jpg

(don't have the picture though)

9 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I'm 99% sure they had an album planned back in 2015 and Floppy Girlz was part of it... :byebitch:

Then I assumed they noticed the bad reception it got and decided to start from scratch for most songs but I guess some others made it to Glory like Clumsy or What u want, they don't seem to fit Glory's vibe imo  :whitney:

Thank God for Karen Kwak!!! :bow:

29 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I'm 99% sure they had an album planned back in 2015 and Floppy Girlz was part of it... :byebitch:

Then I assumed they noticed the bad reception it got and decided to start from scratch for most songs but I guess some others made it to Glory like Clumsy or What u want, they don't seem to fit Glory's vibe imo  :whitney:

What You Need and Private Show were definitely recorded for the Glory sessions, in March 2016. The writer, Carla Marie confirmed this in an interview.

I coined the idea of Pretty World after the BBMAs as a joke and now it's cottoned on a side an idea, especially after the reveal that When I Rule The World by Liz was destined for Britney. And then Clumsy and Liar. 

There was an album of sorts kind of being planned, Pretty Girls was panned and Britney thought the material she was being given was **** lol

10 minutes ago, NotAPassenger said:

I coined the idea of Pretty World after the BBMAs as a joke and now it's cottoned on a side an idea, especially after the reveal that When I Rule The World by Liz was destined for Britney. And then Clumsy and Liar. 

There was an album of sorts kind of being planned, Pretty Girls was panned and Britney thought the material she was being given was **** lol

I just listened to this song and :gross: We're so lucky that the whole idea got scrapped

20 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's basically the name the fanbase has given to the initial version of Album 9 (Glory). Kind of like the initial version of Album 5 (Blackout) was Original Doll.

@BreatheOnMoi @BrittonJeanSpears I doubt Pretty Girls was ever a stand alone single, it had to have been attached to some kind of project whether it was an album or EP. We had a new logo, updated website and a bee theme that wasn't a part of Pretty Girls graphics or promo.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150524193109/http://www.britney.com/

494991.png

logo-icon.pngbow2.png

Side-2.jpg

yes because they had to convince Iggy she had an album coming out because Britney wanted it as her song and not a feature... :tiffcackle:

Archived