Would Glory have done better with different singles?

MmmDani

It wasn't the single choices, it was the promotion and the overall album roll-out. Make Me was a great first single. It was radio friendly, ****, fresh, and just a really great new sound for Britney. When the audio was first released, everyone really liked it, and it shot up the charts on iTunes. The problems came from the lack of good album/single promo, the tragic music video MESS, the delayed single release and BBMA confusion, and the fact that Britney promoted Vegas more than her album. Slumber Party was a great song too, but the damage was already done, and they waited too long to release it as a single.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in a way no because the promotion wasn't really there and they can't expect stuff to be hits anymore without effort

with that said, i would have handled the singles differently

1. Make Me (ft. Missy Elliot)
  2. Do You Wanna Come Over
  3. Love Me Down
  4. Mood Ring

Make Me but perhaps with a more established feature or none. It needed the original video as well as a simultaneous release with the vma performance. Slumber Party was a bad choice especially with Tinashe. I think CLUMSY or Man on the MOON or Just Love Me something unexpected. Make Me was a hit guys #17 twice and #1 dance charts.

Archived