Would Glory have done better with different singles?

MmmDani

I think Make Me... and Slumber Party are really weak choices for singles, especially from an album with such great songs on it. 

I would've chosen Change Your Mind (No Sea Cortés) as the lead single because it's catchy and the GP would've loved it and the BArmy loves it. 

Do You Wanna Come Over? Would've been my second because the GP eats up catchy dance tracks

And If I'M Dancing would've been third because it's just great

(If I had a fourth it'd be Better and maybe Slumber Party for a 5th cause the MV was lit, but without the feature) 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make Me was a great choice for the lead single but we all see how her team ****** that up and so that is why Glory didn't perform as well as it should have. Had MM had an actual video backing it up and had the VMA's performance been a medley of Glory songs instead of just MM I feel like Glory would've had a bigger first week and possibly it even could've reached #1.

As for the festivals later on she could've done a whole lot more of Glory songs but instead she chose to just perform POM (I still liked her festival performances though)

Plus she could've gone on more talk shows like Ellen (yes I know she did that funny mall segment but I'm talking about performing on the show), Jimmy Fallon, etc. So if we really look at it there was promo but not for the right thing. It was mostly promo for something that was already doing well which was POM. Her team is too dumb or she's just not willing to put in th effort.

It's a shame but it's been a year so there's nothing to save Glory anymore :mhm:

I love the idea of CYM being a single, it's such a great song and it has the level of maturity that Brit has to show to her fans and gp.

But the biggest problem is that she's cheap and without clear idea and vision when she presents her work.

If she had better visuals, MVs, red carpet appearances, better (outstanding) VMAs performance things would be different.

But until she doesn't change her approach to her career and take more care aboit her image she won't have any commercial success.

If she's OK with that, I dont give a ****. Because I won't support her mediocrity anymore.

It could have done great but they ****** up royally. Adam Leber even said in IAMBJ that the lead video sets the tone for an era. Then you have the VMAs and her performance was forgettable especially after Beyonce. The only other promo we got was the Today show. Everything else was based on POM. The frustrating part is that she didnt have other obligations going on. She literally did nothing half the time to support her new album. Its insane.

I think it's more about the timing and commitment. Slumber Party Wasn't a bad choice but for 3rd single, do you wanna should've been second. And not so long after MM but that was the best choice for lead. They shouldn't have given up so quickly on it :( 

cym would've been early for  reggeaton style coming back. Still think it would've been good single! 

33 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

Without her talking about the album properly or creating any strategic buzz, nothing would have helped it. The singles weren't bad. MM was doing well at first. They just didn't do anything to keep the attention. 

Britney doesn't even have to do heavy promo, just smarter. Like why would they not make sure the interviewers ask her about the album. Or cross promote- private show commercial w Glory ad at end of it or get album download with Vegas tix week of album release

Well I'm not sure if the album would have done better but I don't think Slumber Party should have been the 2nd single. I think Make Me was the right choice for the lead single it set the mood/theme for the album and showed a different side of Britney to the GP. I agree with you that Do You Wanna Come Over should have been the 2nd single it's very uptempo and catchy and had a lot of potential. Slumber Party would have made a better 3rd single then the 4th single could have been another uptempo song like Love Me Down or Liar and then I would also have a 5th single (Man on the Moon or Just Luv Me or even another uptempo track like Better or Change Your Mind). 

8 hours ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Britney doesn't even have to do heavy promo, just smarter. Like why would they not make sure the interviewers ask her about the album. Or cross promote- private show commercial w Glory ad at end of it or get album download with Vegas tix week of album release

I know that. For example, Beyonce doesn't do promo. No radio, late night, magazines, nothing. She's/her team is just smart. She knows she needs to perform the album material at award shows when u have an album out. She knows she's needs to be on red carpets. She made maybe 7 event appearances in a year, if that. But talk of her album was everywhere. Almost annoyingly lol. Britney's team thinks going across the pond doing London interviews, carpool karaoke with her barely opening her mouth and talking about POM nonstop is accurate promo strategy. It's sad

Archived