Would Glory have done better with different singles?

MmmDani

8 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I mean... the GP doesn't care about her slower songs including MM and SP. However, I really don't see any songs from Glory doing well, as great as they are. No other song than MM was strong enough to be first single. DYWCO could have been a good 2nd single.

You say ther GP does not care about her slower songs but Make Me seen a big increase on itunes after her VMA performance

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

You say ther GP does not care about her slower songs but Make Me seen a big increase on itunes after her VMA performance

OMG you keep using that as an argument that MM was some big hit. It wasn't - so move on. It didn't last long on iTunes after that VMA performances and iTunes charts don't really mean anything in the end. People might have cared a little bit after her performance but didn't care overall. If people really cared about MM it would have done better than #17 on the Billboard 100 chart and sold more. It didn't have an impact. End of story.

Guest Brichney.

No.

1 Make Me

2 Slumber Party

3 Love Me Down

4 Just Luv Me

5 Change Your Mind

I'm sick of them stopping at any single that underperforms! A video is not enough to promote a song. 

They dropped Make Me without a good video or memorable performance and they waited way too long to release a second single. It simply didn't make sense and that's a poor strategy for anyone to use in the industry. The rollout should've been:

1. Make Me release at BBMA video released at most 2 weeks later. Why can't they drop a single with a good video at the same time? They have nothing but time to do it. 

2. VMA video premiere of Slumber Party featuring RIHANNA someone who can actually help her on the radio

3. Third single DYWCO

4. CYM as the 4th single. 

3 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

OMG you keep using that as an argument that MM was some big hit. It wasn't - so move on. It didn't last long on iTunes after that VMA performances and iTunes charts don't really mean anything in the end. People might have cared a little bit after her performance but didn't care overall. If people really cared about MM it would have done better than #17 on the Billboard 100 chart and sold more. It didn't have an impact. End of story.

but you saying the GP did not care about her slower songs, but Make Me went #1 on itunes after its release and kept seeing increases

If they did not care then the song would have been waaaaaaaaay low on the charts

6 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

but you saying the GP did not care about her slower songs, but Make Me went #1 on itunes after its release and kept seeing increases

If they did not care then the song would have been waaaaaaaaay low on the charts

Rise went #1 on iTunes too and charted higher on Billboard.

So the GP cared more about Katy Perry and Rise, right?

22 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Rise went #1 on iTunes too and charted higher on Billboard.

So the GP cared more about Katy Perry and Rise, right?

Like I said before, Radio dropping the song not too long after the VMA performance did the song in

Had radio stayed the course after the VMA performance stabilize its sales then the song would have went top 10

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

Like I said before, Radio dropping the song not too long after the VMA performance did the song in

Had radio stayed the course after the VMA performance stabilize its sales then the song would have went top 10

My point is that Rise had more sales/higher charts/more views/more streams, so by your logic the gp cared. Right?

I mean, Rise,s numbers were also tragic but still very yet than Make Me :whitney:

Make Me actually got more radio support than Rise :whitney:

5 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

My point is that Rise had more sales/higher charts/more views/more streams, so by your logic the gp cared. Right?

I mean, Rise,s numbers were also tragic but still very yet than Make Me :whitney:

Make Me actually got more radio support than Rise :whitney:

Katy Perry was still popular at the time, not so much now as we can see

I think the Make Me video has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether or not the single was well received. Slumber Party had an EPIC video and I still feel that underperformed. I think that good high-profile performances (that differ from each other) and relatable press (less stiff interviews) are the key. :donewithit:

I also think her company or whoever gives up on albums very quickly. They should take a risk with songs like Change Your Mind or Better. These songs aren't as "Britney" and I think would have the Selena Gomez effect. She's gaining popularity by doing something that isn't expected for her. I also think Mood Ring would have been a pretty legit single.:bparty:

Archived