Would Glory Had Done Better...

OCBoy1985

If the original video was released at the same time as the single or if the original video was released period?

I just want to say that Glory is an amazing album definitely in her BEST Top 3 however it could have done so much better commercial wise!

I think that the original video being pulled and her not working with David Lachappelle who came out of retirement for the Queen really put a damper on the era and ntm her idiotic team smh but that's a different thread for a different day.

Sorry for ranting guys but do you think that Glory would've done better commercially if we had got the original David Lachappelle video?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

I'm not a fan of the original video either but i think it would got much more attention than the cringefest they came up with. I don't believe it would make a big difference in album sales tho.

While Album sales are dead we have to get her streaming power up tbh

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

Of course it would. Fans would have got it certified in a month:mattafact:

Imagine original video + vmas performance + during debut week (BONUS: CK)...

#5 debut:urite:

12 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

It would have helped MM but the album. I really don't think so...

Britney has been out of the eye too long to just release a video and one performance. She needs to step it up 

That's true she needs to go all out her next era and you all might not agree but the Super Bowl watched by over 100 million people would surely do the trick along with every award show performances and some type of special too like her ABC one she did in 03

Absofuckinglutely. 

Not only would the Lachapelle-directed version have reinvigorated her stale brand and injected it with a bit of style and controversy, but it wouldn't have DAMAGED it the way the Randee-directed video did.

To quote one of my pop-music loving friends who isn't a Britney fan, and who saw the Randee-directed video:

"It really hurts her brand."

:meltdown:

Not really. ****** or controversial videos don't do much these days other than get a few headlines on buzzfeed and e! and are quickly forgotten. It's not 2001 anymore where *** is the winning factor. Look at Katy's bon appetit video. That was a **** video and had shock factor. But... nothing happened. It Did nothing to really help her album make an impact and it's been all but forgotten not even two months later. Videos that are doing well to translate to sales are ones that are more artistic and tell a story now

6 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Absofuckinglutely. 

Not only would the Lachapelle-directed version have reinvigorated her stale brand and injected it with a bit of style and controversy, but it wouldn't have DAMAGED it the way the Randee-directed video did.

To quote one of my pop-music loving friends who isn't a Britney fan, and who saw the Randee-directed video:

Bingo.

6 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Absofuckinglutely. 

This.  She needed something splashy, controversial, and clickbait-y to kick off era, and instead we got an embarrassingly tacky video that had no replay value whatsoever and which basically ****** up the entire campaign. :brityeah:  Who knows if the original video would have made any difference in her album sales, but it definitely would have helped 'Make Me' peak higher (probably Top 10, at the very least).  

It's all water under the bridge now, though.  Let's just hope that her team has learned from their mistakes (lol).  

18 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

Not really. ****** or controversial videos don't do much these days other than get a few headlines on buzzfeed and e! and are quickly forgotten. It's not 2001 anymore where *** is the winning factor. Look at Katy's bon appetit video. That was a **** video and had shock factor. But... nothing happened. It Did nothing to really help her album make an impact and it's been all but forgotten not even two months later. Videos that are doing well to translate to sales are ones that are more artistic and tell a story now

The difference with Katy may have been that Bon Appetit is a dud of a track. It's just not very memorable.

A year later, Make Me still has high replay value because it's a solid track...I think of it more like Hotline Bling than I do Bon Appetit...Hotline Bling was a catchy song, but the wonderfully cheesy video threw it over the top in terms of popularity. A great video for MM could have done the same.

Archived