UMBREALLA was originally written for Britney?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

We already knew...thankfully they rejected it. no one would like to be under Britney's umbrella after that little 2007 incident :zoomzoom:

it would've been a good way to surpass that media attention in an artistic way though IMO 

A lot off "Good girl gone bad" material was written and produced for her, but went to Rihanna instead

And please, don't blame her team, but Britney herself. I used to read all about her unreleased stuff back in the days and the story goes that producers wanted badly for Britney to do Umbrella. They waited for too long and I remember reading that everyone gave up on her but the main guy. They gave up on her because she just wouldn't show up at the studio, although she promised to them several times. And when finally even the main producer gave up, she heard it, loved it and wanted to do it, but by that time, Rihanna has already spread her hands all over it. Smart girl:queenriri:

I used to read all that on some site that doesnt exist no more, unreleasedbritney smth. I think user @Isla. Was once managing it

Guest Brichney.
4 minutes ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

A lot off "Good girl gone bad" material was written and produced for her, but went to Rihanna instead

And please, don't blame her team, but Britney herself. I used to read all about her unreleased stuff back in the days and the story goes that producers wanted badly for Britney to do Umbrella. They waited for too long and I remember reading that everyone gave up on her but the main guy. They gave up on her because she just wouldn't show up at the studio, although she promised to them several times. And when finally even the main producer gave up, she heard it, loved it and wanted to do it, but by that time, Rihanna has already spread her hands all over it. Smart girl:queenriri:

I used to read all that on some site that doesnt exist no more, unreleasedbritney smth. I think user @Isla. Was once managing it

Britney herself? Hunty, you do realize that the label picks the songs for the artists? All artists that is. The Dream himself alluded that Britney didn't even know the song was written for her because when they submitted the track for her label, they were told that she was not listening to any new materials.

OP, you're late boo! "Umbrealla" was written for Brinty.

tumblr_ole66vHACg1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

5 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

Britney herself? Hunty, you do realize that the label picks the songs for the artists? All artists that is. The Dream himself alluded that Britney didn't even know the song was written for her because when they submitted the track for her label, they were told that she was not listening to any new materials.

Yeah but if the artist doesn't show up.. You still gonna blame her team? :lessons:

46 minutes ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

42 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

36 minutes ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

Yeah but if the artist doesn't show up.. You still gonna blame her team? :lessons:

The label doesn't always pick everything for the artist. That stuff can be negotiated and pushed for. 

But the story about Britney not showing up to the studio is not true. Umbrella was rejected by the label or her "team" without her being asked. She didn't even know about the song being offered to her until it was out

Guest $elfish
1 hour ago, really really cool guy said:

We already knew...thankfully they rejected it. no one would like to be under Britney's umbrella after that little 2007 incident :zoomzoom:

I would like to:juggingu:

Archived