UMBREALLA was originally written for Britney?

Guest Brichney.
2 hours ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

Yeah but if the artist doesn't show up.. You still gonna blame her team? :lessons:

He said they were told she's not listening to any new material, the label did say that, meaning the demo never reached her. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

A lot off "Good girl gone bad" material was written and produced for her, but went to Rihanna instead

And please, don't blame her team, but Britney herself. I used to read all about her unreleased stuff back in the days and the story goes that producers wanted badly for Britney to do Umbrella. They waited for too long and I remember reading that everyone gave up on her but the main guy. They gave up on her because she just wouldn't show up at the studio, although she promised to them several times. And when finally even the main producer gave up, she heard it, loved it and wanted to do it, but by that time, Rihanna has already spread her hands all over it. Smart girl:queenriri:

I used to read all that on some site that doesnt exist no more, unreleasedbritney smth. I think user @Isla. Was once managing it

Don't have the exact link, but that site can still be accessed on the Wayback archive.

4 hours ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

A lot off "Good girl gone bad" material was written and produced for her, but went to Rihanna instead

And please, don't blame her team, but Britney herself. I used to read all about her unreleased stuff back in the days and the story goes that producers wanted badly for Britney to do Umbrella. They waited for too long and I remember reading that everyone gave up on her but the main guy. They gave up on her because she just wouldn't show up at the studio, although she promised to them several times. And when finally even the main producer gave up, she heard it, loved it and wanted to do it, but by that time, Rihanna has already spread her hands all over it. Smart girl:queenriri:

I used to read all that on some site that doesnt exist no more, unreleasedbritney smth. I think user @Isla. Was once managing it

If you mean unreleasedbritney.4mg.com, no I didn't own that site and I never managed it! I don't know who the owner is... I wish we did so we could contact them or something and get them to reopen the site.

Apparently Britney's label did reject the song without Britney's knowledge, and afterward (I'm assuming after the song was a smash hit and catapulted Rihanna's career) then Britney was really pissed.

This article kind of backs up that Britney's label rejected the song, not Britney herself

Rihanna's Caribbean flair fit the song far better than Britney would have, tho. I don't think it would have been anywhere near as successful if Britney released it instead, plus it wouldn't have been very cohesive for Blackout

52 minutes ago, Streets said:

Apparently Britney's label did reject the song without Britney's knowledge, and afterward (I'm assuming after the song was a smash hit and catapulted Rihanna's career) then Britney was really pissed.

This article kind of backs up that Britney's label rejected the song, not Britney herself

Rihanna's Caribbean flair fit the song far better than Britney would have, tho. I don't think it would have been anywhere near as successful if Britney released it instead, plus it wouldn't have been very cohesive for Blackout

Interesting. Tbh I always thought the song didn't really suit Britney. I'm glad it went to Rihanna in the end. 

7 hours ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

Not true it was said they sent the song to her label but jive turned it down because of madness Britney was in at that time & she when found out she was livid 

Archived