Britney nominated for a VMA?

rockztar23

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shadow. said:

I'm waiting for all the butthurt fans to come in here and complain how the original MM video deserves a VMA :sofedup:

"but....but....but...*2007 breakdown reference*.... so yes she should be nominated!"

Just now, Dark.Knight said:

"but....but....but...*2007 breakdown reference*.... so yes she should be nominated!"

I love how this forum is divided between normal sane fans who have been here and know what she is capable of and the britards who think she can do no wrong and anything she does do wrong is because she had personal issues 10 fricking years :quirkney:

3 hours ago, Million Billion said:

No, I don't think she gets even a mention. There were so many highlights this year and Britney wasn't one of them. I don't even think she will go cause there's nothing to promote. Maybe an appearance as the 2015 but that will be it. 

Let's be positive here. There's always a hope.

Guest $elfish
4 minutes ago, Plaidatlo said:

Glory should be nominated for best pop album!!!

Shall we all keep tweeting MTV?!!!!

They won't do **** vmas is a popularity contest as a lot of people say on here I wish we could do something about it but I don't think we can:tiffsniffle:

Guest $elfish

If she drops a standalone single maybe she could go there:unbelievableney: but I doubt that she usually drops singles a year before an album is released:smokney2:

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Slumber Party deserves a nomination for Best Female Video / Best Collab too but unfortunately the VMA's are a popularity contest.

Scream & Shout, Work ***** and even Pretty Girls all deserved to be nominated in at least a few categories and never were. Pretty crazy.

slumber party was definitely a top video as far as how it was received (not just fans but the GP loved it and said it was a throwback to old britney vids) and it had great choreo BUT, as said above, the VMAs are a total popularity contest. with no promo for the song/video and its low charting, i dont think theyll give it a nomination.

1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Scream & Shout, Work ***** and even Pretty Girls all deserved to be nominated in at least a few categories and never were. Pretty crazy.

I'm interested to know what category does Pretty Girls should have been nominated. :beynah:

58 minutes ago, asitalian12587 said:

slumber party was definitely a top video as far as how it was received (not just fans but the GP loved it and said it was a throwback to old britney vids) and it had great choreo BUT, as said above, the VMAs are a total popularity contest. with no promo for the song/video and its low charting, i dont think theyll give it a nomination.

Boys was a complete flop in the US but it got a nomination during the 2003 ceremony so. :shameless: but if we're talking about artist relevance then yes, Britney will not be nominated

7 hours ago, Million Billion said:

No, I don't think she gets even a mention. There were so many highlights this year and Britney wasn't one of them. I don't even think she will go cause there's nothing to promote. Maybe an appearance as the 2015 but that will be it. 

On the other hand, they always nominate the worst things, and have snubbed many hits, so who knows :boredashell:

I mean, if POM got the 3 best awards she could've received, anything can happen.

It would be a strange category though, it's not like she does tons of choreo on that video. It would make more sense in the Pop or Female category, even in some of the cinematography/edition ones. Anyway, if it does get the nomination for best choreography, I think that one isn't open for voting, so I guess the award will go to 7/11 or whatever Beyoncé released this year, or ever, because Beyoncé.

Archived