Britney nominated for a VMA?

rockztar23

Unfortunately I don't think she'll get nominated. MTV aren't here for her anymore which sucks. Watch Beyonce get nominated even though I'm pretty sure she hasn't released anything since the last show... MTV are obsessed with her.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

They gave her the awards for POM to give back after the 2007 disaster and years of snubbing her for all the iconic videos she's done.

I kinda see the Video Vanguard Award as a retroactive recognition to all of her greatest videos. In 2008 they just wanted to redeem her image, so they had to give her an award for whatever she had released the past year, but in 2011 they really didn't have any particular reason to give her the greatest award, especially when she hadn't won that many awards throughout her career. Whoever was in charge of that, behind that idea, has all my respect :tiffanynod: because wasn't biased by any Beyoncés or Katies or Gagas that could've been more popular at the time, and made Britney the first artist of her generation to receive such an award (even if Beyoncé ended up stolen all the attention that night, but that was another story).

But at the same time I see it that they were kind of like "OK, we gave Britney the Video Vanguard Award for her past videos that deserved to win, but it also applies for any future releases" and just decided to move on with her, and concentrate in other kind of artists, more popular, perhaps younger in the following years, and even more when they know if they put Britney on the voting categories, we're most likely gonna make her win, so I would actually be surprised if they ever nominate her again.

Archived