Britney nominated for a VMA?

rockztar23

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Darna said:

I'm interested to know what category does Pretty Girls should have been nominated. :beynah:

I don't care if some people (the minority of Britney fans) didn't like the song. And the video had it's stupid parts. But overall it was a much more entertaining video than a lot of videos released in 2015. Check out some of these nominations from that year:

Best Pop Video
Taylor Swift – "Blank Space"
Beyoncé – "7/11"
Maroon 5 – "Sugar"
Mark Ronson (featuring Bruno Mars) – "Uptown Funk"
Ed Sheeran – "Thinking Out Loud"

Who remembers the videos for the last 3? 

Best Choreography
OK Go – "I Won't Let You Down" 
Beyoncé – "7/11" 
Chet Faker – "Gold" 
Flying Lotus (featuring Kendrick Lamar) – "Never Catch Me" 
Ed Sheeran – "Don't" 

I don't even know most of those videos much less the choreography. I'm not saying PG should have won but it at least deserved to be nominated. Iggy is a big artist especially a few years ago and Britney is the video princess.

20 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

On the other hand, they always nominate the worst things, and have snubbed many hits, so who knows :boredashell:

I mean, if POM got the 3 best awards she could've received, anything can happen.

It would be a strange category though, it's not like she does tons of choreo on that video. It would make more sense in the Pop or Female category, even in some of the cinematography/edition ones. Anyway, if it does get the nomination for best choreography, I think that one isn't open for voting, so I guess the award will go to 7/11 or whatever Beyoncé released this year, or ever, because Beyoncé.

Yes, I can't believe no Britney music video ever won an award on the same show she did HISTORY with 3 iconic perfomances in a row, plus she was on her peak and her music videos were amazing as well as memorable with great visuals and perfect choreographies. BEST FEMALE VIDEO 1999 - Lauryn Hill "Doo"Wop" :ehidk: VS the iconic Baby one more time? It makes 0 sense, just NO!!! And about the POM's 3 awards, I hate to say it but those awards were bought, if Baby, Crazy, Oops, Stronger, Lucky, Slave, Overprotected, Toxic, Everytime or even Boys or MATM didn't win any award and suddenly one of her weakest music videos (with btw a great song) wins not 1 but 3 just like that the same night she's supposed to "come back" :weirdmeout: of course they did it to try to fix the mess they did the year before. 

13 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Yes, I can't believe no Britney music video ever won an award on the same show she did HISTORY with 3 iconic perfomances in a row, plus she was on her peak and her music videos were amazing as well as memorable with great visuals and perfect choreographies. BEST FEMALE VIDEO 1999 - Lauryn Hill "Doo"Wop" :ehidk: VS the iconic Baby one more time? It makes 0 sense, just NO!!! And about the POM's 3 awards, I hate to say it but those awards were bought, if Baby, Crazy, Oops, Stronger, Lucky, Slave, Overprotected, Toxic, Everytime or even Boys or MATM didn't win any award and suddenly one of her weakest music videos (with btw a great song) wins not 1 but 3 just like that the same night she's supposed to "come back" :weirdmeout: of course they did it to try to fix the mess they did the year before. 

Of course they did it just to fix her image, but as much as I hate to say this, I think it would've made more sense if it was Gimme More the winner of those awards :ugh:

Those two videos were really bad, but they had to do something :embarrassney: They should've at least put something like BTI - best Pop video, POM best Female video and GM video of the year? :ugh: 

So unfair, but again, that's why I say the VMA always get their winners wrong, but in the past even if she didn't win at least got the nominations. In recent years many of her best videos have been snubbed like HIAM, IWG, Criminal, Scream & Shout, Work *****, so it wouldn't surprise me if this time they nominate Make Me... for video of the year if we follow the VMA's logic :boredashell:

57 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

I voted like crazy for POM :kesha:

I'm glad my votes were taken into account 

But, on the other hand, the fact that Godxic and I'm slave for god didn't win any award is disgusting :byebitch:

If she gets a nomination y'all can bet it's her team preparing to change her image for the next era, and if she wins something people will be like "which video is this?!" :blol:

Slumber may not be as popular as other videos released this year, but it totally deserves a nomination. Photography, choreography and the feat are on point though :cinderellaney: 

plus, this scene :milkney: is priceless and no other video has something like it 

Expecting those 15 millions views for Slumber the next day like :triggered:

ps: nobody deserves to see Kunty Peruanita wins with Bad Appetit. Although I think Ed is gonna win video of the year with Shape Of You. It's better if they nominate Slumber for best collab and best pop video :truthtea:

13 hours ago, Shadow. said:

I'm waiting for all the butthurt fans to come in here and complain how the original MM video deserves a VMA :sofedup:

That video deserve a music equivalent of razzie award. Rather watch Thiefonce's videos over Make Me Cringe, let's be real here.:ponderney:

17 hours ago, Million Billion said:

No, I don't think she gets even a mention. There were so many highlights this year and Britney wasn't one of them. I don't even think she will go cause there's nothing to promote. Maybe an appearance as the 2015 but that will be it. 

Nothing to promote are you sure , lead single of B10 coming :werk:

3 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

:weirdmeout: Express Yourself? Not Myself Tonight?

These days

Even if she didn't she didn't win is still remembered more than anyone than won . At school when we talked about the 90's or 2000's and what happened every one in my class takes about Britney  , her videos , her ancing , her  performances and of course the breakdown . So they can keep their award , but they can keep their relevency like Britney :staysalty:

13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

On the other hand, they always nominate the worst things, and have snubbed many hits, so who knows :boredashell:

I mean, if POM got the 3 best awards she could've received, anything can happen.

It would be a strange category though, it's not like she does tons of choreo on that video. It would make more sense in the Pop or Female category, even in some of the cinematography/edition ones. Anyway, if it does get the nomination for best choreography, I think that one isn't open for voting, so I guess the award will go to 7/11 or whatever Beyoncé released this year, or ever, because Beyoncé.

They gave her the awards for POM to give back after the 2007 disaster and years of snubbing her for all the iconic videos she's done.

Archived