What was it like living during Primeney era?

Brunetteknee

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, i was her demographoc, i was 12 when she came out with BBOMT, and let me tell you, it was ******* magical.

I'll never forget faking an asthma attack in sophomore year of high school so the school would send me home in a cab (my guardians could never pick me up), who i had drop me off by the movie theatre near my grandmothers house, so i could go see crossroads with my allowance, and during the cab ride the radio dj on z100 up here was talking about how brit had the album Britney out, crossroads, and was releasing the video game, had just killed the VMA's,  the whole drive the cabby talked about how Britney was ruling the world and how he'd never seen something like it. It was literally an unforgettable moment. I miss it honestly, people at school, randoms, everyone, she's all anyone talked about. it was great. 

Agree with the consensus on here, she was absolutely huge.

I remember when she appeared on the Frank Skinner show - they had it on in the background at this bar I was at that night. Normally they'd only put the big TV's on for major sporting events like the World Cup or something at this place, but they had to screen Brit's interview!!! It really was a major event.

I remember begging my cousin who was a dancer to teach me the Slave choreo - I couldn't even do 10 seconds of it.

I was at Uni and people would talk about her, my parents would mention her, my sisters would talk about her, she was in the paper every day...definition of 'mania'.

Any young female singer was instantly compared to her as 'the new Britney'....for about 5 minutes :giggleney::foh:

She was huge, a pop star of generation, and because of that she's still respected in pop world.

The media played huge role in her success, she was always present in all kind of media. But that same media kind of destroyed her when she showed first signs that she is not 'perfect'. 

Also after her prime, during her bad period of life, she was still huge. Because interest of gp was really high, and people were interested in everything she does. It was insane.

Because of that she had such a huge success during Circus era.

After that, interest of gp dropped because they got feeling that they saw everything from her and that she doesn't have anything to offer more.

She was known at the time as the best female performer :tiffsniffle:people were always excited to see what she would do next I remember after the oops performance at the vmas the next year the pressure was on & we as fans were so nervous but once she hit that stage I scream the whole performance slave will always be the best awards performance of any artist she set the bar in neverland it will never be touch  

8 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

She was huge and on top of the world back then. She was for a long time too. No one could touch her success.

World hadn't seen anyone with that kind of huge media success since Madonna and MJ. It was a crazy, dizzying and exciting time to be a fan. 

I wonder why Britney was the last to have what MJ and Madonna had? 

7 hours ago, AndrejBLV said:

She was huge, a pop star of generation, and because of that she's still respected in pop world.

The media played huge role in her success, she was always present in all kind of media. But that same media kind of destroyed her when she showed first signs that she is not 'perfect'. 

Also after her prime, during her bad period of life, she was still huge. Because interest of gp was really high, and people were interested in everything she does. It was insane.

Because of that she had such a huge success during Circus era.

After that, interest of gp dropped because they got feeling that they saw everything from her and that she doesn't have anything to offer more.

This is probably the most accurate thing I've read today. 

3 hours ago, KatLove said:

I wonder why Britney was the last to have what MJ and Madonna had? 

Because she was last one that had that flavor of old school performer. 

I think, even tho I do not follow her work, Beyonce today has that stardom of Madonna, MJ and Britney.

I notice that the media love Beyonce like they loved Britney back then, and she's really hard working women.

But if she showes that she's not perfect, like Brit did back in 2005, they will destroy her like they did with Brit.

3 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

She was huge and on top of the world back then. She was for a long time too. No one could touch her success.

World hadn't seen anyone with that kind of huge media success since Madonna and MJ. It was a crazy, dizzying and exciting time to be a fan. 

Thats why she is so tired of all of these

As most people have already said, yes Britney was the biggest popstar/celebrity during those years. I was 8 when "Baby" came out and it was literally a Britney explosion! She was EVERYWHERE. Indescribable. Like you can't even compare the popularity of Selena, Taylor, or Justin to her. If social media was around back then, she would've been the most followed on every platform hands down. And by a lot! If she did anything, it was on the news. Massive media exposure. Every performance was an occasion. Everybody made sure to watch her every move (love or hate her). She wasn't no. 1 on Forbes most powerful for no reason. ;)

Archived