What was it like living during Primeney era?

Brunetteknee

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, it's true. it really felt like everything revolved around Britney Spears from 1999-2004 and even 2004-2007. But 99-2004 was just epic. Proof: soooo many artists tried her style but they were always seen as a brintey spears wannabe. no offense to them but it's true. jessica simpson, mandy moore, vitman c and more I can't even remember. There was always something about her in the news, tv and internet whether it was fake or real and evryone knew it. Tours - I never saw her in 1999-2004 because she didn't tour where I lived but I lived in the middle east and they always had specials on her on tv. I really feel like it could have been longer though : ( but that's selfish. she doesn't haven't entertain the world till she dies. 

i would compare her peak to the peaks of justin bieber + miley cyrus + taylor swift + Selena gomez--all combined. no lie.

11 minutes ago, popprison said:

i would compare her peak to the peaks of justin bieber + miley cyrus + taylor swift + Selena gomez--all combined. no lie.

Actually, I would take the combination of those artists and times it by 10. To be honest, Britney's popularity was a combination of Justin Timberlake and Beyonce now since every time they come out with something, it becomes this huge thing in the media and the industry. 

Take Justin Bieber and how he is the biggest superstar in the world right now, her fame was 100 times as big, only Britney herself became popular for more than just being a talented singer with young female fans that ate her up right from the jump. She did not just have a hit single. Her music video was so impactful that it is still talked about today. She became a superstar right away and from that point on, she constantly elevated her attention by releasing more iconic hits and music videos and people were OBSESSED! Her performances were all people talked about at what is called the SuperBowl" of music: the VMAS and she was only a newly young artist. I like what Justin has done with his career now with Purpose but he had released two official albums that made no pop culture impact and he had already been out of control with his behavior a few years in, yet no one made it that big of a deal. Everything Britney did was HUGE, from her breakdown to her most epic moments. 

I was the biggest Mariah fan on the Earth when Britney came out and tbh didn't really care for her at first. It wasn't until her live performance at the VMAs that I started to realize this girl was a superstar. She just had "it" the same way Michael Jackson, Madonna, etc dominated the stage. Her music got better and better and I became a stan in between ITZ/Blackout era.

Almost 20 years later, Mariah and Britney (and Janet) are still my all-time faves. 

8 hours ago, AndrejBLV said:

Because she was last one that had that flavor of old school performer. 

I think, even tho I do not follow her work, Beyonce today has that stardom of Madonna, MJ and Britney.

I notice that the media love Beyonce like they loved Britney back then, and she's really hard working women.

But if she showes that she's not perfect, like Brit did back in 2005, they will destroy her like they did with Brit.

IDK I feel like Beyonce while she is the most well known artist right now I don't think she had that spark and allure those 3 did you know? MJ-mania, Madonna mania, and Brit-mania.

2 minutes ago, KatLove said:

IDK I feel like Beyonce while she is the most well known artist right now I don't think she had that spark and allure those 3 did you know? MJ-mania, Madonna mania, and Brit-mania.

I don't know, I only follow Britney and I really don't listen other music then one on radio. 

But I know some young people/kids and they are obsessed with Beyonce. And I see that she's always in media in some nice connotation.

But maybe I'm wrong, I don't know..

5 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

I don't know, I only follow Britney and I really don't listen other music then one on radio. 

But I know some young people/kids and they are obsessed with Beyonce. And I see that she's always in media in some nice connotation.

But maybe I'm wrong, I don't know..

Well I just want someone new to come up and have that mania that the world used to have you know what I mean?

4 minutes ago, KatLove said:

Well I just want someone new to come up and have that mania that the world used to have you know what I mean?

Well somebody will definitely come one day :)

I don't wait for that, I just enjoy music :)

The only music that I ever bought is Britney's music :)

On 6/20/2017 at 5:40 AM, Julienfrance said:

It was truly heaven on earth!!! I was 14 when BOMT came out. Britney ruled literally the world. It was an event on each appearence. 

I feel like blessed living this era 

It really was heaven on ******* earth! I was also 14 when her first single was released (born in 84 here). There literally was nobody bigger than her. I remember the scene being so boring because I wasn't into the boybands of the late 90s era and the R&B that seemed to dominate and indie college rock. So when Britney showed up it was a saving grace for me. Finally someone I wanted to listen to! And I remember during 1999-2001 never wanting to miss a performance. I probably pissed so many people off having them record (via VHS tape!)  Britney giving a performance or an interview while I was at school. And sometimes I would get freaked out because I could wake up from a deep sleep those summers (especially 1999-2001) and turn the TV on and there she was talking in an interview it was like I had Britney esp.

My fondest memory was when I found out there was an video for Born To Make You Happy, my favorite song on BOMT. It was during the Britney and Nsync VHS that was sold at McDonald's that had the making of Oops! and the video for it, my cousin loved nsync so I checked the back of the box and it said "Born To Make You Happy music video" I died "Yeah, **** Nsync we're watching this right now" lol

It was exactly how everyone said it was.  Just absolute mania.  She was everywhere.  Disney channel would always show her music videos (back when they used to do that) and her concerts.  Shows from that era would have her on like Sabrina and Jet Jackson.  And even "pop diva Britney Britney" was modeled after her on The Fairly Odd Parents.  Everyone wanted to be her or be with her, it was insane.  I have yet to see a pop star that had that much impact on everyone.  The 50s had Elvis, 60s had The Beatles, 70s had ABBA, 80s had MJ and Madonna, and the late 90s - 00s had Britney... I'm not really sure who has the 2010s to even compare the hype/mania with. Beyoncé? JB? Rihanna? Taylor? Ariana? Lady Gaga? One Direction? Even then...Britney was way more popular then all of them COMBINED.  That is the only way I can really describe it.

On a more personal note, I was 7 when BOMT came out and was a fan since then.  Then the next year when OIDIA came out I remember my mom surprised me with the CD when I came home from school one day and I was practically in tears.  :otears:  I couldn't wait to go back to school and tell all of my friends.  When Britney came out I fell in love with Overprotected :woopsie:, (and it is still my all time favorite Britney song ever, hence my username lol) and I listened to it on repeat for hours on long road trips or at my grandparents house and I would bring my cd player haha.  Later on in my late teens and early 20s this song spoke to me way more because of things happening in my life so I really understood the lyrics more.

And don't even get me started on her Pepsi commercials... omg.  Amazing.  Then her breakup with Justin  :wendycry: the whole world was shook.  It still gives people PTSD 15 years later...

5 hours ago, Soul_Silver said:

Just imagine: there were Britney-mania, Pokemon-mania, and Harry Potter-mania. These phenomena dominated the late 90s early 2000s. And all 3 are still fondly remembered by fans and the GP.

She was that big of a star.

I've been a fan of all 3 my almost whole life and I'm still obsessed with those things now maybe even more than ever 

8 hours ago, vdez83 said:

Everything was an EVENT.  My mind goes immediately to when she shut down all of Times Square when she debuted ITZ and performed MATM.....LIVE!!  Primeny sang live....danced her *** off....it was a glorious time to be alive. 

I just watched that performance....what a time. And her hat never fell off :letitburn:

Archived