What Happened To Her Social App?

b42ad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Applejack said:

huh? the only britney app i know of is american dream :lostney:

In the wake of the recent release of her newest album "Glory," Britney Spears has announced that she will be launching a new social media app for her fans. The new platform will allow fan interaction and direct questions and answers between the pop star and her loyal followers.

In May, Glu Mobile released an iOS and Android game entitled Britney Spears: American Dream, in which users could work their way up from nobody to pop star status with Spears cast as the starmaker. Although the game came from the same creators as the wildly popular Kardashian apps, it didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Now, Spears has revealed that she is soon giving it another go by releasing a new social media app, which, as opposed to being a game, will instead allow her fans to get closer to the star as well as interact through a variety of means.

"I meet like 30 to 40 people every night," said the star. "They come in, I say hello to them, and we take pictures and they show me their tattoos, and they show me all these different things and it's cool. It's really fun. There's a lot of regulars that come back every week." Spears says she looks forward to getting closer to her fans through the app.

"With my app that I'm coming out with soon, there's a lot of skits and a lot of interaction with the fans where I actually ask them questions and bring them into the situation so we can have some kind of connection going on."

40 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

I think it's one of the best ideas they had in years (so of course they scrapped it)

Most of these apps cost a loooooot of money to create and most fail. I think celeb apps only work if you're Kylie or similar, you have to actively produce content and be present in social media, but Britney's presence in social media is more natural and not based on a persona... I don't think she would actively update the app or produce content, and therefore it would have been a waste of money. In theory it sounds like a great idea but in reality... I don't think the app would have been successful.

My cousin in the States actually knows Larry's hampster and this is what I'm being told by them about the App...

It was due to come out to help promote Glory, but there were glitches so it was decided to push back the release of the App to coincide with the release of #B10 instead. Britney wants to really celebrate her 20 year anniversary in 2018 with a new album, a new tour, new perfume and the launch of the App. It's no secret she doesn't enjoy promoting at all so she likes to release all her projects around the same time and this gives her more to talk about during interviews. Through the App, Britney intends to really open up to fans and share funny stories and memories from her 20 years in the biz. She'll also be posting never before seen behind the scenes photos from music videos and she'll be talking about things she's never spoken about before in depth such being a mom and how much she admires Rihanna, Adele and Beyonce.     :tiffanynod:

Archived