What was your reaction when Piece of Me (the song and music video) came out??

Dynasty

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

The video slayed me, in the most negative sense. :donewithit:

GM had been awful, and it was as if MTV was punishing me or something, because it made me watch it EVERY SINGLE DAY since it came out. Any time of the day I tuned MTV, there it was GM. When I thought the nightmare had finally ended, they only stopped playing GM in order to play POM instead. And it was EVEN WORSE :embarrassney:

The song isn't that bad, it's just the video that ruined it for me. She looks so... not good. There's something off with her face, and I don't know how any of you can like it. She literally looked like another person. With GM the only thing that "saved" it is that we could tell that at least she was playing a character or something. POM was supposed to be her, the true Britney, a **** you to all the paparazzi and media, but it was just so tacky, it doesn't look good, aesthetically, from the visuals, to her outfits, her face, the takes, the "dancing". I don't know, it's a really, really ugly video. They supposedly spent so much money on it, and yet it looks so cheap and rushed. And it was even more embarrassing when the VMA's decided to give her not only her first moonman ever, but her first three moonmen, including Video of the Year, to what is basically her worst video ever.

For me there's nothing worse than POM video, not even PG or MM or Perfume, or TTWE. Not even GM itself.

Maybe because you dislike this album, stay pressed by God of me and Godout:tiffanynod:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember thinking it was cheap and tacky and sloppy compared to her other videos.

I grew up watching the premieres of toxic, everytime, oops, me against the music, lucky, slave, overprotected remix, crossroads....

Piece of me, while it's a good badass video, was not up to the standard of her videos that came before. I was truly shocked it won all those moonman. But i get that they were paying credit to the song and herself for going through what she did. 

But no, I can't sit here and act like I was slayed by the video. 

14 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I know that I was slayed into pieces, I was so happy they made it a single. When the music video came out i felt so empowered tbh, she was so badass i replayed the song all day, i was so impressed and fascinated by her, the song, the lyrics, I fell in love even more with her. She gave out such a badass vibe it slayed me into pieces.

I was so proud of her and of being her fan, I remember crying because she came back, she didnt die, she didnt become mental, she got back and stood her ground :otears:

Ill never forget POM and the feeling when it came out, thank you queen.

How about you *******? Tell me how blown away you were :mybodyisready:

also give this flawless bop some views while you're at it 

The song slayed my life. This is probably my favourite video of hers. It was such a different style for her. We were used to britney either singing about *** or doing a ballad (like everytime and someday). This was such a badass '**** you' song. I know 2006/2007 was a bad year for britney but I really liked her 'Go **** yourself' attitude. This song embodied everything Britney was at that time. I remember people talking about the editing scene with her hair up and down but I never noticed it until like 3 years ago. I was THAT slayed. People also criticized her weight saying they edited the video to make her look slimmer like.. lol. Britney was never fat to begin with. People just liked to ***** at her during that time. The song and video still slay. 

1 hour ago, Camilo said:

Maybe because you dislike this album, stay pressed by God of me and Godout:tiffanynod:

It is actually the other way around. Probably if it had better videos I would like it a little bit more. Actually, if it wasn't for the BTI video, I would've probably stopped being her fan. She had never done such awful videos before, maybe a little bit boring, like Broken Heart, but they were always high quality videos, and all of a sudden she released not one, but two horrible videos in a row. I was starting to believe it was gonna get just worse and worse each time.

She wasn't in the right conditions to shoot any videos. They should've waited a few months to start promoting the album. She clearly wasn't in a good place. Doing an animated video for BTI was the smartest decision they could've taken. And she got better. I actually think she could've released one more single in let's say, April 2008 or May and she could've saved the Blackout era with a decent video. But thank God Womanizer and Circus would come out later in the year.

I mean, the POM video is probably better than anything Keesha has released, or Ashlee Simpson or something like that, but compared to the rest of the videos of Britney Spears, it is just very bad.

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

GM had been awful, and it was as if MTV was punishing me or something, because it made me watch it EVERY SINGLE DAY since it came out. Any time of the day I tuned MTV, there it was GM. When I thought the nightmare had finally ended, they only stopped playing GM in order to play POM instead. And it was EVEN WORSE :embarrassney:

The song isn't that bad, it's just the video that ruined it for me. She looks so... not good. There's something off with her face, and I don't know how any of you can like it. She literally looked like another person. With GM the only thing that "saved" it is that we could tell that at least she was playing a character or something. POM was supposed to be her, the true Britney, a **** you to all the paparazzi and media, but it was just so tacky, it doesn't look good, aesthetically, from the visuals, to her outfits, her face, the takes, the "dancing". I don't know, it's a really, really ugly video. They supposedly spent so much money on it, and yet it looks so cheap and rushed. And it was even more embarrassing when the VMA's decided to give her not only her first moonman ever, but her first three moonmen, including Video of the Year, to what is basically her worst video ever.

For me there's nothing worse than POM video, not even PG or MM or Perfume, or TTWE. Not even GM itself.

:umomg::umomg::umomg:

1. this is the fiercest song i've ever heard. instant bop.

2. the autotune is ******* real, its kinda irritating. mind you at that time the use of THAT much of autotune was rare.

and about the video i love it, esp the bathroom dance part. but hate how they cut it into pieces. little did i know her dance videos since then will be cut much worse (hiam, wb, CIRCUS :byebitch:)

15 hours ago, mauureee said:

I remember some news were saying she looked like a million dollar in this video unlike she did in Gimme More

I was proud cuz everything was so messy during that time :bigtime:

and still they could handle to make a good decent video :nyschool:

Now everything's somewhat under control and good,

and we get make me disney videos  :queenriri:

7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Are you drunk? :umomg:

i went on hiatus from being a fan for a few years (though i kinda kept up with her), so i had never heard the song until the video came out. I liked the song (still do), but I never enjoyed the video. It looked like she wasn't really there.

None of the Blackout videos are good, ironically being her most acclaimed album

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It is actually the other way around. Probably if it had better videos I would like it a little bit more. Actually, if it wasn't for the BTI video, I would've probably stopped being her fan. She had never done such awful videos before, maybe a little bit boring, like Broken Heart, but they were always high quality videos, and all of a sudden she released not one, but two horrible videos in a row. I was starting to believe it was gonna get just worse and worse each time.

She wasn't in the right conditions to shoot any videos. They should've waited a few months to start promoting the album. She clearly wasn't in a good place. Doing an animated video for BTI was the smartest decision they could've taken. And she got better. I actually think she could've released one more single in let's say, April 2008 or May and she could've saved the Blackout era with a decent video. But thank God Womanizer and Circus would come out later in the year.

I mean, the POM video is probably better than anything Keesha has released, or Ashlee Simpson or something like that, but compared to the rest of the videos of Britney Spears, it is just very bad.

i think @PokemonSpears is  @Britneybbhmm on his revenge

Best song and music video EVER  :donewithit:

I was waiting music video on MTV from 11 to 12 pm. I have tried dancing like Britney. So nostalgia :sickofu:

I thought "Piece of Me is new Toxic". The song has got fresh beat, good lyric and amazing tune  :bparty:

Now Britney has got 3 MTV VMA for Piece Of Me. Deservedly!

I loved all songs on Blackout instantly

I still think she looks weird in the video...and at the time there was a lot of speculations about body editing 

but it was more interesting than Gimme more  video so :bgrin:  yeah, it's messy but it's kinda iconic in retrospect

Archived