I'll never understand what went wrong

Guest thanos18

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

You are thinking of a different person :plzexplain:

But FFney would have been suited for The Walking Dead if that was just a persona tbh

She obviously was heavily medicated. 

:unreal:

TWD bit made me laugh more than I should have tbh. But I agree, she does look medicated to me.

You know, people react differently to medication. I have spent quite some time around schizophrenic and bipolar patients and some of the medication they get, specially in the beginning of their treatment, can have some visible side-effects. Mostly I saw people moving slower, and sort of acting sleepy all the time. The bipolar patients were easily set apart because upon talking to them for the first time I legit had no clue what they could possibly be medicated for - their speech was clear and they appeared lucid, it was very interesting to me. The side-effects get better (or they're supposed to) once the doctor gets to know the patient and properly adjusts their medication.

Again, we don't know Britney and we could be far off, but the medication theory could very well be true. I just hope she's doing okay.

2 minutes ago, Gabby. said:

:unreal:

TWD bit made me laugh more than I should have tbh. But I agree, she does look medicated to me.

You know, people react differently to medication. I have spent quite some time around schizophrenic and bipolar patients and some of the medication they get, specially in the beginning of their treatment, can have some visible side-effects. Mostly I saw people moving slower, and sort of acting sleepy all the time. The bipolar patients were easily set apart because upon talking to them for the first time I legit had no clue what they could possibly be medicated for - their speech was clear and they appeared lucid, it was very interesting to me. The side-effects get better (or they're supposed to) once the doctor gets to know the patient and properly adjusts them.

Again, we don't know Britney and we could be far off, but the medication theory could very well be true. I just hope she's doing okay.

I mean her appearance, behavior, and delivery over the past ten years really points to something. 

Plus the cship. 

On 16/03/2017 at 10:41 PM, Spearsfan said:

I mean her appearance, behavior, and delivery over the past ten years really points to something. 

Plus the cship. 

As someone who studies psychology I am well aware a professional should never even dream of diagnosing someone from a distance, let alone based questionable/incomplete information, but as a human being I find it very hard not to guess or assume based on the books I've read, the classes I've attended and the people I've met. I get really angry about certain comments I read about Britney because, to me, they represent a stigma people have to live with once they are diagnosed with a mental illness. Of course, because everything in Britney's life is put under a magnifying glass, the scale is much higher when it comes to her. She doesn't just have to deal with people side-eyeing her or simply questioning her life and career, she's had people dragging her from all directions for over a decade. It's a nightmare to watch and I can't imagine what it must be like to live that life.

The FF era has always made me sad and it will continue to make me sad even if we ever get an explanation for her behavior and it turns out I'm completely wrong. I just don't feel any genuine excitement about any part of it. I do enjoy the album but I can't stand the performances I've seen.

lmao y'all are so dramatic

it's so offensive to read all these medication conspiracy theories. its very clear she has a cold in the GMA promo. there are plenty of times femme fatale era where Britney was PERFECTLY FINE

she looks stunning in all the FF videos. quite frankly, she executed choreography better than she does now.

she sounded natural and cute winning awards

idk why y'all focus on a couple of awkward appearances. she has awkward moments in every era post-itz. ff is no different.

35 minutes ago, Gabby. said:

As someone who studies psychology I am well aware a professional should never even dream of diagnosing someone from a distance, let alone based questionable/incomplete information, but as a human being I find it very hard not to guess or assume based on the books I've read, the classes I've attended and the people I've met. I get really angry about certain comments I read about Britney because, to me, they represent a stigma people have to live with once they are diagnosed with a mental illness. Of course, because everything in Britney's life is put under a magnifying glass, the scale is much higher when it comes to her. She doesn't just have to deal with people side-eyeing her or simply questioning her life and career, she's had people dragging her from all directions for over a decade. It's a nightmare to watch and I can't imagine what it must be like to live that life.

The FF era has always me sad and it will continue to make me sad even if we ever get an explanation for her behavior and it turns out I'm completely wrong. I just don't feel any genuine excitement about any part of it. I do enjoy the album but I can't stand the performances I've seen.

I agree. We don't know for certain. We can only assume but it just makes sense for everything. 

FF shouldn't have happened for Britney's sake. She should have took the time for herself. 

The topic of mental health is always so interesting in general but it's such a taboo. Like a lot of ppl have something but when it's someone else they lack empathy. 

Mental health should be discussed more for communication sake but I feel like communication is thrown to the side these days sadly. 

57 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

it's so offensive to read all these medication conspiracy theories. its very clear she has a cold in the GMA promo. there are plenty of times femme fatale era where Britney was PERFECTLY FINE

she looks stunning in all the FF videos. quite frankly, she executed choreography better than she does now.

idk why y'all focus on a couple of awkward appearances. she has awkward moments in every era post-itz. ff is no different.

Yeah you took clips from the second part of the year. She slowly got better as the year went by, but at the beginning she was a totally different person.  She doesn't look stunning in all the FF videos. HIAM and TTWE are just not that good, TTWE being one of her worst looks, even if the videos themselves look good because of the production. IWG was kinda ok, but Criminal is the only video where she looks really stunning, again, that was towards the end of the year.

She didn't execute choreography better than she does now though. Even the worst date of POM is better than anything from Femme Fatale. It might look better for you because the choreographies were better. POM's choreos are stupid and look bad, but she executes them well. And she looks so much better in general now. That second video you posted was almost OK, but the rest of the interviews from that same day were quite awkward, and even in the moments were she was normal, she still sounded weird. I think that must be the longest case of a "cold" ever, especially for someone like Britney who must have access to the best doctors. I agree the first one, and the third one, and the VMA's were quite the "highlights" of the era, but other than that it was an era full of awkward interviews, awkward performances and awkward music videos.

Even in 2012 I saw a progression from the previous year, and ever since, she's just gotten better and better til this day.

I remember the first time I saw the second video... I was like "WTF is up with her voice?" She sounds like she has a major sinus infection or a cold or something.

She also sounded like that in the "I Am The Femme Fatale" documentary. I agree that she was probably on some heavy medication, depressed, and really zoned-out during this era, but I honestly think she was sick during the recording of this video... she sounds congested.

I LIVE for the first video! Remember when we all got our hopes up and thought she was REALLY coming back? I miss those days..

2 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

The Femme Fatale era was a very successful era for her, sales-wise. Her career was on a high, she had several new hits under her belt, she had a successful world tour, a new remix album, and she had won several new awards. No, I don't think Britney was very happy during this era. She just always seemed off. She released a super fun, dance-party album, but her personality didn't seem to match up with her own music. I mean, she was releasing these super upbeat, dance songs with flashy videos, but, outside of the music, she seemed really sad, miserable, and distant.

Pay attention to what she said in the first video (the interview with the British radio station), she did NOT seem very interested in being a judge on a talent competition, and she wanted to take a break after the tour was over... and maybe even focus on something that SHE wanted to do, like acting. But, as we all know, that's not what happened. Within just a few months after the end of the tour, she was signed on as a judge of X-Factor. I personally think she was pressured into doing this. I think that the Femme Fatale era took a toll on her and she really needed to rest and take time for herself - to focus on her life, her kids, and her emotional and mental health. Instead, Jason become her co-conservator and she was pushed into doing the X-Factor, which she clearly hated. I'm just glad that she was able to get rid of Jason after X-Factor was over; he was always looming over her and following her everywhere... it was creepy.

2 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

It's quite simple to understand. Her body adapted to the medication over time. That's what happens with perscription *****. Side effects occur.

In Britney's case it was bloating / droopy eyes / deeper voice.

Either her body adjusted accordingly or they started her off strong and lowered the dosage over time.

10 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

She was clearly a mess during FF era. I can't at how some ppl stan for that era. It made me feel bad for her because she looked absolutely miserable but yet she was out here having to promote an album and tour. :-( 

I just want FF promotion + level of success but definitely not the exhausted britney in that era:mybodyisready:

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah you took clips from the second part of the year. She slowly got better as the year went by, but at the beginning she was a totally different person.  She doesn't look stunning in all the FF videos. HIAM and TTWE are just not that good, TTWE being one of her worst looks, even if the videos themselves look good because of the production. IWG was kinda ok, but Criminal is the only video where she looks really stunning, again, that was towards the end of the year.

She didn't execute choreography better than she does now though. Even the worst date of POM is better than anything from Femme Fatale. It might look better for you because the choreographies were better. POM's choreos are stupid and look bad, but she executes them well. And she looks so much better in general now. That second video you posted was almost OK, but the rest of the interviews from that same day were quite awkward, and even in the moments were she was normal, she still sounded weird. I think that must be the longest case of a "cold" ever, especially for someone like Britney who must have access to the best doctors. I agree the first one, and the third one, and the VMA's were quite the "highlights" of the era, but other than that it was an era full of awkward interviews, awkward performances and awkward music videos.

Even in 2012 I saw a progression from the previous year, and ever since, she's just gotten better and better til this day.

I think Britney looks beautiful in HIAM and IWG (esp the microphone shots)  and I think she looks adorable in TTWE solo shots and properly sweaty and apocalyptic during the rest.  

She still has awkward interviews today even to the point of repeating exact sentences and phrases. She was more spontaneous during femme fatale, now it's like every reporter knows to ask "your kids scared you on Instagram, are you gonna get them back"? 

She looks better obviously but she still has MESSY moments like the Grammy party 

i do agree that the choreography during FFT was just way more exciting, so that may be influencing me.

idk i just think each era has its low moments but femme fatale gets all these crazy rumors, it's like some members are determined to make Britney some medicated freak over an era they just don't like.

Archived