I just got Maui Fantasy (review)

BOBIBCFBG

And I love it!! Here's my review:

First - the packaging. I like the box - it's bright and very fun. The cut-out of the flower is nice. However - it looks very cheap. The bright colors mixed with the clipart flower and the gold foil of the logo plus all the other fonts (there are 6 fonts just on the front - as a designer, you want very few fonts). I'm also not a fan of showing the product on the box - it makes it seem very juvenile. But overall, like I said, it's pretty fun.

The bottle. So the bottle is pretty cheap-looking too. I don't like it being frosted with the darker bright blue juice. It doesn't match the box and it's not very pretty. Again the clipart flower sticker just looks like something from Wal-Mart. The white plastic neck is incredibly cheap-looking. However, I do like the clear top with the gold nozzle. I think that's an elegant touch. I wish that it was prettier packaging and a more fun bottle. I think a fan made this as a joke but it's actually pretty and would fit this theme well (minus the horse lol):

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/248/d/5/radar_fantasy_box_by_jhocorrea-d7y1b2r.jpg

Now for the most important part - the fragrance. It's an eau de toilette so it's very light, which is nice for this scent and summer in general. However, it doesn't last very logg. I think I sprayed it a half hour ago and just had to re-spray. This is obviously a very summery scent and better for daytime. The first notes I noticed were coconut and hibiscus. This really is a tropical, island, summer scent which I LOVE! It reminds me of being at the beach or the pool or a tropical resort on vacation. I can almost smell suntan oil (in a good way lol) - I don't know if that's some of the notes or if it's just taking me back to summer but I like it lol. Once the fragrance settled I definitely got the pink grapefruit note as well. Those are the 3 standout notes for me.

I will say that this is NOT a fancy fragrance. Most of Britney's fragrances are not, but this one is definitely more on the immature side. However, bc it's a nice summery scent, I don't think that's bad in this case. A lot of people love the smells from summer - very playful and fun - so this is definitely that perfume!

As far as being being a Fantasy flanker - it really doesn't fit into the Fantasy family. IMO, the Naughty and Nice Remixes, Femme Fatale Fantasy, and Fantasy Intimate Edition all smell like true flankers. They smell just like the original scent with a twist.  Even Private Show to me (I've only smelled it once in a store) smelled like a Fantasy flanker. As far as Midnight Fantasy, Hidden Fantasy and Circus Fantasy - you can tell they are related to Fantasy but still very different. And then Island Fantasy and Maui Fantasy are completely different. Even In Control seems like a Fantasy flanker to me, over Maui and Island.

This was long but I love her perfumes lol. I have them all now but Private Show and Fantasy In Bloom (the Fantasy Naughty Remix is on its way in the mail!). They really are so good. Let me know if you have any questions or need any advice for picking them out! Just for fun, this is my updated list of favorites (from fave to least fave):

Circus Fantasy
Fantasy Intimate Edition
In Control Curious
Cosmic Radiance
Radiance
Hidden Fantasy
Island Fantasy
Believe
Maui Fantasy
Curious
Rocker Femme Fantasy
Midnight Fantasy
Fantasy: The Nice Remix
Fantasy

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Marlean said:

I really like Fantasy Maui, but on the other hand I don't like the original Fantasy scent. I love Curious though. 

When I was re-doing my favorites list above, I realized that Fantasy was the very last this time (it changes sometimes). I think it's bc it's SO sweet and so strong. It's very childish imo. It still smells great and isn't bad, which is a compliment to her line, but it's an overwhelming scent. Like I said, Maui Fantasy doesn't belong in the Fantasy family at all! It's so different. More fresh and clean than sweet.

15 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I think you are missing Fantasy Stage edition and anniversary. 

I give up on Fantasy...

I never really liked it to begin with I just didn't want to break my collection but I will now... unless I find in bloom at TJ Max for $8

Good review though regardless 

Thanks! Yeah I didn't buy Curious Heart, Fantasy Anniversary Edition or Fantasy Stage Edition because the fragrances are the same, it's just the bottles and packaging that are different. I'm considering getting Fantasy Renner Edition bc technically it's different (they switched out one note lol) but I bet it's expensive bc it's rare.

4 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Thanks! Yeah I didn't buy Curious Heart, Fantasy Anniversary Edition or Fantasy Stage Edition because the fragrances are the same, it's just the bottles and packaging that are different. I'm considering getting Fantasy Renner Edition bc technically it's different (they switched out one note lol) but I bet it's expensive bc it's rare.

What is the renner edition? I didn't hear of that until recently. 

Is that the first edition of Fantasy? I know ppl say that's different than the new version. I still have mine barely used. I think it has green gems 

39 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

What is the renner edition? I didn't hear of that until recently. 

Is that the first edition of Fantasy? I know ppl say that's different than the new version. I still have mine barely used. I think it has green gems 

Fantasy never changed in the US. Renner is a department store in Brazil. Fantasy was released as a Renner exclusive at the store in May 2015. It's technically a different fragrance because the original cupcake note was replaced with a caramel note. So just a slight difference but still different =)

o.33312.jpg

15 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Fantasy never changed in the US. Renner is a department store in Brazil. Fantasy was released as a Renner exclusive at the store in May 2015. It's technically a different fragrance because the original cupcake note was replaced with a caramel note. So just a slight difference but still different =)

o.33312.jpg

Thanks for the renner info. I bet that is rare.

There actually is a difference between the first pressing of Fantasy and the ones that came after. I can't remember if it's the new version or the old but one of them is sweeter than the other. Also the gems are different colors. 

6 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Thanks for the renner info. I bet that is rare.

There actually is a difference between the first pressing of Fantasy and the ones that came after. I can't remember if it's the new version or the old but one of them is sweeter than the other. Also the gems are different colors. 

I knew the bottles changed a little but as far as the actual juice, what were the different notes?

Archived