Tinashe Drops Red Hot Pop Anthem "Flame": Listen

Jordan Miller

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I've turned my radio on in 2000, in the Mandy Moore, early Britney Spears era, when 3LW were singing that kind of music. She has so much talent that this is a bit puzzling to me. I understand some might like it, but on my side, I feel like she doesn't know what competitors she has against her, and that we're in 2017. She needs to find her style, I mean, she can't be invited on Britney Freaking Spears' Slumber Party and then drop a 3LW leftover. I'm sorry:queenriri:

5 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

RCA is full of incompetence.

They had a perfect opportunity with Slumber Party.

They have two artists that are suffering on the charts and instead of using the single to their advantage, booking promo and getting it out there, nope! They choose to let it sit there and rot.

It would have been the song to put Britney and Glory back on the map and help Tinashe gain a bigger pop audience but nope! Too much work.

:meltdown:

Britney didn't want to promote. Iggy called Britney on it why do ppl think it's the label. RCA is a mess but come on.... 

I like her and she releases some good songs (player with Chris brown is my favorite from her) but I think the reason she hasn't popped yet is because there is nothing that special about her. Yeah she can dance. So can ciara (and better in my opinion) and her music rarely sells either. Or sevyn streeter. She's also a good dancer with catchy songs (her last EP was everything), had a huge first hit and has kinda fizzled since and hasn't had much luck with a huge banger. 

Like Tinashe is a nice girl and seems really cool but. I always thought it was weird that she had one album out and the media outlets were already calling her the next Beyoncé. Like what?  

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She can't make a step back, if she never made a step forward in the first place.

2 On wasn't as big as you're making it out to be, if that was the case why didn't AHOD take off?

We wouldn't even be having this conversation if she was just another run of the mill strict indie artist but she's signed to a major record label and has everything in her to be a STAR.

And yet, RCA chooses to pass her over time and time again. They literally stalled Joyride's lead single months back becuase they were "too busy" with ZAYN.

Which by the way, only pushed out one hit. :meltdown: Literally such a **** label.

2 On always sounded like a late follow-up to Cassie's Me and U. I didn't know what ppl loved about that song for the life of me. I still don't get it. If that's the song ppl are always going to associate her with, that sucks because she has way better songs. 

Archived