would a Britney + Katy collaboration work?

popprison

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

No thank you. Katy Perry is entirely bland and cookie cutter. Britney already has records like Femme Fatale, Britney Jean and Pretty Girls in her discography.

Britney has to keep going forward with her artistry, not backwards. She's not a teenager anymore. A song with Max here and there is welcome, but not as the head of the record nor anything that is too formulaic.

More "Hold It Against Me", a little different and out there.

Less "California Gurls", sugary and cloying bubblegum pop.

I agree. 

Katy releases the same music over and over and her voice isn't friendly. I'm still amazed as to how she does so good. Must just be the Max touch.

I love Max and I'm down for a pure pop bop once again. Maybe a promo track this year and an experimental promo track from a different producer in preparation for a new era.

its just sad they don't care to make new iconic moments so it won't happen. 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

I agree. 

Katy releases the same music over and over and her voice isn't friendly. I'm still amazed as to how she does so good. Must just be the Max touch.

I love Max and I'm down for a pure pop bop once again. Maybe a promo track this year and an experimental promo track from a different producer in preparation for a new era.

its just sad they don't care to make new iconic moments so it won't happen. 

Katy is a beautiful woman. That's a huge pull for her.

She has this glittery clean cutesy image that's based on sugar and ***.

The GP will eat it up like candy. She'll only be flopping when her age starts to show and she'll look ridiculous prancing around in a cupcake bra.

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

The GP will eat it up like candy. She'll only be flopping when her age starts to show and she'll look ridiculous prancing around in a cupcake bra.

I suppose. 

I don't understand how she has so much replay value. I don't get it... 

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Her music is safe, sweet, catchy, repetitive. A pallate pleaser. It's perfect for pop radio. Bubblegum on crack.

Basic structures, melodies, production. Earworms.

I suppose I still don't understand. Her voice is just so unfriendly. 

Taylor and Katy never change their sound so I understand why they always do good. Same formula but it's harder to understand with Katy. 

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I suppose I still don't understand. Her voice is just so unfriendly. 

Taylor and Katy never change their sound so I understand why they always do good. Same formula but it's harder to understand with Katy. 

Taylor and Katy are basically there for safe spaces. While other pop girls are experimenting and switching it up, these two are here for you to go back to in case Ariana goes too R&B or Selena goes too ****.

It's that "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" mentality.

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Taylor and Katy are basically there for safe spaces. While other pop girls are experimenting and switching it up, these two are here for you to go back to in case Ariana goes too R&B or Selena goes too ****.

It's that "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" mentality.

Yeah I get that. 

Probably why they hate each other. 

Guest StrawberryKisses

No, Katy is too vanilla and manufactured. Britney needs to take dares with her collabs.

G-Eazy was great and out of her comfort zone.  A Missy or Lil Kim collab would be great. 

58 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

and when the payola runs out too

Archived