Will Britney Top Janet Jackson's Career?

IconicShow

Janet has been flopping for years now, also a new mother and turning 51 in May.

Britney is still releasing albums and has had more of a successful run vs. Janet since Britney's 1999 debut.

tumblr_m0akeezCEP1r8fe7uo8_250.gifRSs6y9.gif

Janet has 10 #1's on the BB Hot 100 US Chart, on the same chart Britney has 5 #1's.

anigif_original-8441-1435576450-4.gifanigif_original-grid-image-22641-1395871

These last 4 Janet albums were flops

Damita Jo, 20 YO. Discipline, and Unbreakable.

Britney's last two albums Britney Jean and Glory have flopped.

tumblr_mmwupg5oXM1spwwlho1_1280.jpg

Janet has 11 studio albums and Britney is working on her 10th studio album.

nTeP16.giftumblr_mfyqxsYDUy1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

Janet has sold over 100 million albums, Britney has sold over 100 million albums as well.

giphy.giftumblr_mn6ht4qbwQ1qcvaxho5_500.gif

Janet has had more movie roles and is probably considered a better actress over Britney.

Her-Wardrobe-Crossroads.giftumblr_n2ntbsbJPB1s21wj4o2_250.gif

Both great dancers, both standing the test of time, both have sales, awards and legend status.

Is it too late for a collaboration?

janet-jackson-dammn-baby-01.gifanimation-22.gif

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney has the potential, but until her team makes better choices (or she gets a team with actual brains) she's just going to keep flopping. Glory didn't deserve to flop. It's the best album she's released since Blackout. It makes me mad her team just let it die by waiting 6 weeks to promote the lead and scrapping the video for some cheap thrift store version of the original.

4 minutes ago, blackoutbaby09 said:

No. I love Britney, girl. Don't get me wrong. Britney's so much better than Janet imo, but the only reason Janet flopped so hard was the super bowl incident. Before that, she had an album with two #1 hits on it. The backlash killed any chart success she would have had.

Britney has the potential, but until her team makes better choices (or she gets a team with actual brains) she's just going to keep flopping. Glory didn't deserve to flop. It's the best album she's released since Blackout. It makes me mad her team just let it die by waiting 6 weeks to promote the lead and scrapping the video for some cheap thrift store version of the original.

Glory is great and to me until POM ends we will keep getting album cycles like BJ and Glory.tumblr_myoeuePJbK1r4iz5oo1_250.gif

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Janet's had more longevity. As far as female "pop" stars go it's

1. Madonna

2. Janet

3. Britney

Janet hasn't completed a tour or released a decent album in two decades.

1. Britney (good music, still sells tickets)

2. Madonna (trash music, still sells tickets)

3. Janet (trash music, can't sell tickets)

giphy.gif

Just now, colormefresh said:

Janet hasn't completed a tour or released a decent album in two decades.

1. Britney (good music, still sells tickets)

2. Madonna (trash music, still sells tickets)

3. Janet (trash music, can't sell tickets)

giphy.gif

Gorl bye at you calling Madonna's music trash. I wish Britney would have those talented producers on her roster like Mirwais Ahmandazi instead of ******* will.i.am and that hew Anthony Preston. :meltdown: 

Archived