My problem regarding the Biopic "Britney: Ever After"

LeglessJamie

I really DO NOT GET why people are upset about this? I mean having others wanting to play you as a role only prooves how much of a big deal you are in this business...WORLD. We should REALLY take it more as a compliment, it only prooves she's a legend xoxo

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor britney spears queen gif

However I do have a problem with people who act like they're all holy, nice that never do anything wrong and who are not behind this because -and I quote- "because Britney nor her team didn't approve it".

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor rolling eyes gif britney

uhm...HELLO. Did you ever thought 1 second (like really?) that Britney or her team approved all the demo's, unreleased songs that have been leaked through her career that we ALL have in our music library? What about those dozens of books that were not approved by her nor her team, yet they're on our bookshelves?:moorangu:

Did you ACTUALLY THOUGHT Britney/her team approved us watching the leaked clips of the original "Make Me" video? We all did see it and those who say that didn't are liars or are living under a rock.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor britney spears hilarious gif

Sorry, but I just can't with some of you from time to time LMAO

Other than that, have a nice day:byebitch:

#DoubleStandards #Hypocrism

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, It'sSamB!tch said:

yeah cause she really leaks itself when she didn't even control her own social media a few years ago. Come on ...

But it's music she made with the expectation that it could possibly end up released. It's stuff she actually worked on. Not someone displaying her life in a possibly negative light completely without her input. 

While it seems like it's obvious they want to make money by making a movie about a legend, it's really a tricky situation because they OBVIOUSLY don't have a credible source, knowledge and information about what REALLY happened and what was going on. This movie is simply disgusting in that regard, there is a high chance they made a movie by using the info from tabloids, paparazzis and rumors. For all we know, they might showcase Britney in "that" period as an alcoholic and **** abuser, neglecting her kids, etc. THAT is the main issue about this biopic and why the fanbase doesn't like that it's still gonna go out there. IF Britney was really a part of it, we would get a more safe picture, a more credible one.

Also, this is just abuse of life. I can bet you that most of the movie will be about 2007/2008. That's literally abuse of someone's struggles for personal gain. It's disgusting.

But I will watch it, if I find free time. :shameless:

23 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

There's no strong message by Britney or her team that they have a problem with it. The non-approval issue is probably just business or conservatorship-related. 

First of all, we do know that she doesn't support it (back in August her team released a statement expressing her displeasure).   Plus she wasn't involved with production whatsoever and she wouldn't allow them to use her music, which further implies that she has a problem with it.  Second, I'm sure she doesn't want that period of her life dredged back up again, especially in a cheap Lifetime biopic.   Can you blame her?  This **** happened a decade ago, she's moved on and found happiness, and now this tacky movie is exploiting her struggles and putting it all back out there.  Mess. :nochillbrit:

Just now, BreatheOnMoi said:

clearly you're not from America

Actually I'm not.

Not sure what this has got to with the fact that people are upset about a stupid movie (really there are dozens) for the reasons they betray themselves with when it's about unreleased songs, demos, books,...

I just want to "expose" how hypocrite it is or sounds at least. If they truly did care about what they approve, they wouldn't listen and watch to all of the leaks that are out here.

and cut the **** about her meltdown cause we ALL use her meltdown (yeah we still do in 2017) whenever there's something good in it to protect her or to make ourself feel any better, so it's only fair others use it as well...

I think when you do a movie like this it should be done based on REAL facts from the person its regarding and people close to them, not off some tabloids and what people say and kind of guess whats going on. It should be a TRUE story from Britney herself and with a better budget. 

I dont like how it looks and what ive seen so far and thats my opinion :sassybrit:

35 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Not sure what this has got to with the fact that people are upset about a stupid movie (really there are dozens) for the reasons they betray themselves with when it's about unreleased songs, demos, books,...

Because it looks to be a tacky, exploitative movie thrown together by a network infamous for producing these embarrassing shitshows?   I mean, I'm not going to apologize for thinking Britney's better than that.  And I'm not sure what point you're trying to make in that second part? :rihstare: If you're saying that we shouldn't have a problem with this movie when we're listening to her unreleased songs, reading books about her, etc., that's totally different.  

A song leak is nowhere as invasive as a film that takes sensitive moments from your life against your will, re-enacts them in dramatic fashion, and broadcasts said material for the world to see.

I am actually in two minds about the effect this movie could have. On one hand, it might remind the public (particularly the ones who make fun of Britney) about what she went through and behind all that celebrity and power, there's just a talented small-town girl who trusted all the wrong people. But on the other, Britney and her team did not give their blessings to this project and that is enough to make the moral compass point south. I know I would hate if someone took traumatizing events from my life and tried to make a corny lifetime film out of it, so I'm Team Britney in this case.

I think with a movie like this (well any sort of biopic or true story movie)  it is important to be as accurate as possible with the facts of what happened, otherwise it could be potentially libellous. It would have been better if they had input from Britney or her team over her story. An example of an accurate biopic/true story movie would be Sully: Miracle on the Hudson (the pilot who landed his plane in the Hudson River and saved everyone on board). I went to see that film at New Year and they paid great attention to detail, even working with the pilot and crew of that flight (and the pilot gave his permission) and they kept true to the actual story. I listened to the flight crew's 2009 US TV interviews afterwards and I couldn't believe how true to the real incident the film portrayal was. They used a bit of creative licence in the investigation scenes but other than that it was quite an accurate portrayal of the crash and the aftermath and did not try to portray the pilot in a negative light. They adapted a lot of the detail from the pilot's autobiography.

Britney: Ever After should have been like that. They should have spoken to Britney, her team or her family and tried to get their details right before making it instead of trying to portray her in a negative light.I think this movie is focusing too much on the negative. I have read some of the 'unofficial' biographies and they're good. The guy who wrote Britney: Inside The Dream actually had observed Britney and worked with her IIRC. He wasn't trying to portray her negatively. 

Archived