I just realized Slumber Party peaked at #86

Dynasty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Britneybbhmm said:

Nooooo...:unreal:

yes sis we have to :meltdown: thats the only way those flops at RCA will hear us :meltdown:

1 minute ago, BritintheZone said:

giphy.gif

GOD ME DOWN WOULD HAD BEEN TOP 10. ALL YOU FLOPS WANTED ANOTHER MID TEMPO :meltdown: AT LEAST WE GOT A HOT VIDEO 

ikr and some flop fans are still in denial saying slay me down sucks they should go and stan for ******* xtinct tbh 

13 minutes ago, jomarr said:

Honestly it was a great choice. They just waited too ******* long to release a second single. They kept on milking Make Me for four months when it was obviously over. They should've released Slumber Party in September or October right after the album release.

They should've promoted it at the VMAs (alongside Make Me if they really **** with that song)

Make me and Slumber Party would've been number 1 and 2 on iTunes all week if that happened. 

33 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

yes sis we have to :meltdown: thats the only way those flops at RCA will hear us :meltdown:

ikr and some flop fans are still in denial saying slay me down sucks they should go and stan for ******* xtinct tbh 

This though, I literally will never understand how some people dislike Love Me Down. It's one of the best songs she's ever released.

• Super Mods
14 minutes ago, The Flash said:

I wonder what Pretty Girls phenomenon was. Just a bigger fanbase?

It had been almost two years since Britney had released BJ, and I think people (aka the GP) were probably really thirsty for new music that wasn't tragically executed like BJ! But then when the song and video for Pretty Girls dropped, it was one of those things you love to hate. The song is a lowkey bop, but its really cringeworthy and (lyric-wise) was really immature and had no substance. Also, Iggy was tanking in popularity, the song was a Fancy copycat, and despite the theme of the music video, Britney didn't look too good (hate to say it).

I think more people were expecting Britney to utterly slay whatever she released, and when it was a dance track that was as cringey as Pretty Girls, people kind of left the song with "I guess this is the extent of Britney's artistry." I mean imagine her having a whole album of Pretty Girls? I'm so thankful Karen Kwak came in and directed Britney to what we got with Glory!

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, SlayOut said:

It had been almost two years since Britney had released BJ, and I think people (aka the GP) were probably really thirsty for new music that wasn't tragically executed like BJ! But then when the song and video for Pretty Girls dropped, it was one of those things you love to hate. The song is a lowkey bop, but its really cringeworthy and (lyric-wise) was really immature and had no substance. Also, Iggy was tanking in popularity, the song was a Fancy copycat, and despite the theme of the music video, Britney didn't look too good (hate to say it).

I think more people were expecting Britney to utterly slay whatever she released, and when it was a dance track that was as cringey as Pretty Girls, people kind of left the song with "I guess this is the extent of Britney's artistry." I mean imagine her having a whole album of Pretty Girls? I'm so thankful Karen Kwak came in and directed Britney to what we got with Glory!

Yeah, Pretty Girls - another step down for Britney.

Slumber Party could have been a step up, imo it is a song that yearns for a performance with a good theme. Although, it is not the biggest hit material either, I guess. 

51 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

honestly, the song was the worst choice possible for second single

It was a fine choice. It's the same sound as Ariana's Side to Side and that song is blowing up everywhere.

The takeaway here is that Britney isn't bothered to go promote her second single and then stans get mad at other stans for not requesting and supporting the song when:

A. We can only do so much, it can't be a hit without GP support.

and

B. If Britney herself could care less, why should we? What's the point?

:forkit:

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Pretty Girls debuted and peaked at 29. It was a hyped up Britney single leading up the release and the only reason it didn't chart higher was because people realized it's trash.

Such a wasted chance :crying2:

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

It changes every other day it seems.

Streaming/Radio has taking over with charting but sales still holds a good portion with singles. 

I don't think GM could ever rise that high unless she would die and let's hope that never happens. 

Let's be real...If Britney died GM would not go to #1 over BOMT, OIDIA or Toxic. :frenchy:

56 minutes ago, BritintheZone said:

giphy.gif

GOD ME DOWN WOULD HAD BEEN TOP 10. ALL YOU FLOPS WANTED ANOTHER MID TEMPO :meltdown: AT LEAST WE GOT A HOT VIDEO 

55 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

23 minutes ago, jcf523 said:

This though, I literally will never understand how some people dislike Love Me Down. It's one of the best songs she's ever released.

:nobitch: :nobitch: :nobitch:

ANY song (yes, even Love Me Down) would and will flop hard unless:

A. It's her lead single.

or

B. She actually promotes the song outside of untelevised radio festivals.

:queenriri:

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

:nobitch: :nobitch: :nobitch:

ANY song (yes, even Love Me Down) would and will flop hard unless:

A. It's her lead single.

or

B. She actually promotes the song outside of untelevised radio festivals.

:queenriri:

I am just afraid that the time is coming when her lead singles will definitely flop without promotion

Just now, The Flash said:

I am just afraid that the time is coming when her lead singles will definitely flop without promotion

That day is coming if they keep this up sis.

Let's look at the numbers of the New Testament of Britney:

Womanizer - #1, 286k

3 - #1, 255k

Hold It Against Me - #1, 411k

Work ***** - #12, 174k

Make Me... - #17, 96k

Literally what the **** is going on :meltdown:

Archived