I just realized Slumber Party peaked at #86

Dynasty

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

That day is coming if they keep this up sis.

Let's look at the numbers of the New Testament of Britney:

Womanizer - #1, 286k

3 - #1, 255k

Hold It Against Me - #1, 411k

Work ***** - #12, 174k

Make Me... - #17, 96k

Literally what the **** is going on :meltdown:

Next - 45k :gloria: 

I actually want to make a thread where "y'all" predict the sales of next lead single.

Can I just copy these numbers there?

But man, that's still sad, even though we all know it. No number one anymore.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

:nobitch: :nobitch: :nobitch:

ANY song (yes, even Love Me Down) would and will flop hard unless:

A. It's her lead single.

or

B. She actually promotes the song outside of untelevised radio festivals.

:queenriri:

I completely agree with you,  I was just saying that I love LMD lol.

58 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Womanizer - #1, 286k

3 - #1, 255k

Work ***** - #12, 174k

Make Me... - #17, 96k

Sis, you and I both know why her sales have been declining since Femme Fatale. The comeback hype was huge for Womanizer, 3 was riding off the coattails of the Circus tour, and the hype for Hold It Against Me was astronomical. But Britney doing everything in her power to destroy her legacy since 2011 has damaged her brand possibly beyond repair. At this point, if Britney pulled all the ropes for her next single. Promo slots, flawless music video, actually performing like she cares, I doubt it would help sales that much. That's how bad a position Britney's career is in right now.

Slumber Party is so radio-friendly and has mass demographic appeal. It was honestly a fantastic choice for the second single, and was accompanied by a music video that rivals some of Britney's best. 

Make Me was also arguably one of her strongest lead singles in years. It had "HIT" written all over it. And although it performed moderately well (unlike SP), it truly should've been the song of the summer.

Neither the quality of the music nor the selection of the singles can be blamed for the poor chart performance this era. As such, there is no one track on Glory that will sudddenly propel her back up to the top of the charts.

It's very unfortunate that Glory is not receiving the success it deserves...And I hope it doesn't discourage Britney from continuing down this path of renewed passion for music and performing. 

10 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Sis, you and I both know why her sales have been declining since Femme Fatale. The comeback hype was huge for Womanizer, 3 was riding off the coattails of the Circus tour, and the hype for Hold It Against Me was astronomical. But Britney doing everything in her power to destroy her legacy since 2011 has damaged her brand possibly beyond repair. At this point, if Britney pulled all the ropes for her next single. Promo slots, flawless music video, actually performing like she cares, I doubt it would help sales that much. That's how bad a position Britney's career is in right now.

Actually, you and me both know that if Britney and her team get their **** together, we can have another massive era.

Just look at Make Me, that VMA performance was lackluster and bland, the reaction was 50/50... and it still catapulted the song back to #2 on iTunes and ended up re-peaking at #17 on the Hot 100.

Now imagine what this would have been like had the original video had been released and Britney recreated it on the stage. Instant Top 10, if not Top 5 smash!

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Actually, you and me both know that if Britney and her team get their **** together, we can have another massive era.

Just look at Make Me, that VMA performance was lackluster and bland, the reaction was 50/50... and it still catapulted the song back to #2 on iTunes and ended up re-peaking at #17 on the Hot 100.

Now imagine what this would have been like had the original video had been released and Britney recreated it on the stage. Instant Top 10, if not Top 5 smash!

This makes me oooh so sad!:otears: I wish we could go back in time and release the original make me video :meltdown: 

Everything would be different now! :byebitch:

3 hours ago, The Flash said:

Next - 45k :gloria: 

I actually want to make a thread where "y'all" predict the sales of next lead single.

Can I just copy these numbers there?

But man, that's still sad, even though we all know it. No number one anymore.

24k magic sold 101k in its first week, I think 96k copies was really good, you guys sometimes are so damn annoying. 

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Womanizer - #1, 286k

3 - #1, 255k

Work ***** - #12, 174k

Make Me... - #17, 96k

I think better with a **** beach video for spring is the only possibility for a third single. But that's getting ahead of ourselves. 

How many copies did Slumber party sell the first week it was released?

3 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

More than the promo, or what they do or don't do, I think it's about all the time they've let pass without a huge hit. The GP forgets an artist very quickly; nowadays the majority of the young people only thinks of Britney as someone who, probably, not so sure really, used to release hit songs, but since the the main consumers are now precisely teens and kids, in a couple of years the main demographic won't even have a memory of what Britney Spears used to be in the music scene.  We'll be lucky if they can picture her face when they hear her name.

I think they shouldn't stop trying. Let's not repeat the same mistake from BJ. I always say it, that 2014 without singles was the worst they could've done after Perfume flopped. They should've released Alien right away. And then try again later in the year with NTIFY, ISBE, TIG, TTB, whatever they wanted to try, but release something. They didn't, ok. 2015, Pretty Girls, which did so-so, but was heavily criticized, they should've released Tom's Diner, right away to erase the memory of PG, but release it properly, with a videoclip, a live performance, everything.

So if after MM, SP did how they did, they decide not to release more singles from Glory (which is the most likely thing to happen), that will be a huge mistake again. Because God knows when B10 is going to come out. It could take years. So no matter if she releases the most amazing pop masterpiece made by Max Martin, she'll have lost her space in the music scene by then.

5 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Womanizer - #1, 286k

3 - #1, 255k

Work ***** - #12, 174k

Make Me... - #17, 96k

Not going to happen if she releases another club jam masterpiece like Gimme More :meltdown:

7 hours ago, Lonely-*** said:

Wasn't Shattered Glass #70? 

Anyways, that ******* ***** didn't answer my question! Hopefully one of you can answer it.

- What are charts based on?

- Is it the number of sales?

- Is it the number of times it gets played on radio?

- Can an old song chart again like say Gimme More decides it wants to reach #1 one night.

Biggest factor nowadays is streaming from Spotify/YouTube/whatever, but it's always been a mix of sales, radio airplay and streaming.

And yes, old songs (and albums) can always re-chart. Whenever Britney has a huge performance of old songs, "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" and "Britney - The Singles Collection" spike on the iTunes charts. With high enough sales, they could easily chart again, but that would need a massive amount of promotion and radio plays that even Primeney couldn't pull off. She'd need MJ/Madonna in the 80's numbers to do that. (Or Taylor Swift/Adele numbers)

Archived