I just realized Slumber Party peaked at #86

Dynasty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lonely-*** said:

Wasn't Shattered Glass #70? 

Anyways, that ******* ***** didn't answer my question! Hopefully one of you can answer it.

- What are charts based on?

- Is it the number of sales?

- Is it the number of times it gets played on radio?

- Can an old song chart again like say Gimme More decides it wants to reach #1 one night.

its mixed, mostly depends on sales and streaming :mhm: i think radio plays dont count but radios rarely play hits out of top 20 on billboard (im surprised they r supporting SP this hard tbh) and yeah an old song can chart again :mhm: but it rarely happens

4 minutes ago, Lonely-*** said:

- Can an old song chart again like say Gimme More decides it wants to reach #1 one night.

Yes it can.

Although I believe it could only chart if its accumulated points reach the Top 50 for songs that spent 20 weeks or more on their initial run. Songs with less than 20 weeks in the chart could enter the Hot 100 anytime.

4 minutes ago, Lonely-*** said:

Wasn't Shattered Glass #70? 

Anyways, that ******* ***** didn't answer my question! Hopefully one of you can answer it.

- What are charts based on?

- Is it the number of sales?

- Is it the number of times it gets played on radio?

It changes every other day it seems.

Streaming/Radio has taking over with charting but sales still holds a good portion with singles. 

I don't think GM could ever rise that high unless she would die and let's hope that never happens. 

3 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

honestly, the song was the worst choice possible for second single

Honestly it was a great choice. They just waited too ******* long to release a second single. They kept on milking Make Me for four months when it was obviously over. They should've released Slumber Party in September or October right after the album release.

They should've promoted it at the VMAs (alongside Make Me if they really **** with that song)

Archived