Stop blaming promotion

ShadowTriumph

You keep saying that if we had promotion the album would have banged

guess what? good music promotes itself

this song is by an UNKNOWN albanian singer, in less than a year it reached 258 million views and she barely promoted t on a major TV additionally look at how cheap the video is

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=wJygFvL-kTM

Shakira's song reached 300 million views WITHOUT promo, where did you see Shakira and Maluma promoting their song?

this is what you came for wasn't promoted properly and look at it with them 709 million views and millions of streams

And for those who say these songs are generic, well at least they are successful.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Shakira is HUGE in Spain and Latin America

2. I don't know that Albanian singer/song, so I guess it's not that famous afterall :sassybrit:

Stop excusing Britney and her team. Slumber Party is a masterpiece and 98% of the Earth's population doesn't even know it exists. She didn't promote and Glory sold poorly for her level. End of conversation. :staysalty:

Just now, Daxx said:

1. Shakira is HUGE in Spain and Latin America

2. I don't know that Albanian singer/song, so I guess it's not that famous afterall :sassybrit:

Stop excusing Britney and her team. She didn't promote and Glory sold poorly for her level. End of conversation. :staysalty:

You don't know of her yet her songs are more successful than Britney 's  . #Butthurt

4 minutes ago, ShadowTriumph said:

You don't know of her yet her songs are more successful than Britney 's  . #Butthurt

Yeah... I'm sure any of her songs are more successful than Toxic, Womanizer, BOMT, OIDIA... :sassybrit: If u are not popular to the young generation you SHOULD promote. Don't act like Britney is as known as Rihanna nowadays by the teens.

Promotion isn't necessary when the brand of the popstar is strong and has hype surrounding it. (i.e:Beyoncé)

Britney's brand is dead, people are over her and no one is interested anymore in her music (Femme fatale onwards to blame). Era Istrefi is a novelty, and it helps that the song and her voice are nice. People are always open to a fresh new artist if the material is good. I'm pretty sure the similarities between her and Rihanna helped by the way, but the point is still the same.

Just now, button said:

Promotion isn't necessary when the brand of the popstar is strong and has hype surrounding it. (i.e:Beyoncé)

Britney's brand is dead, people are over her and no one is interested anymore in her music (Femme fatale onwards to blame). Era Istrefi is a novelty, and it helps that the song and her voice are nice. 

:staysalty:

5 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

It's not promo that's the problem -- it's Britney's brand. It's stale, and needs a major update.

Britney has now fallen into the same category as the Backstreet Boys -- still a part of people's hearts, but not known for being relevant. It's no longer "cool" to like her.

5 minutes ago, button said:

Britney's brand is dead, people are over her and no one is interested anymore in her music (Femme fatale onwards to blame). Era Istrefi is a novelty, and it helps that the song and her voice are nice. People are always open to a fresh new artist if the material is good. I'm pretty sure the similarities between her and Rihanna helped by the way, but the point is still the same.

finally people who get my point.Fans here should stop blaming promotion and get a reality check 

I think this era it's different

..in the BJ era, Work ***** could've been a hit if it was promoted. 
This era it is different cuz most fans abandoned Britney after the desert performance,BJ and PG.
And with the MM M/V drama, it was kinda sure that this era won't be very successful (at least it was a success with critical reception) although we got a great song+M/V but the push isn't the same anymore.

She really should fight to get the attention of the GP and her old fans back.
I am sure she can...I don't know if she is willing to do it.

I am 75% sure that if she hires a better choreograph,gets better costumes and starts singing live then and now, she will start turning heads again. :giggleney:

1 hour ago, ShadowTriumph said:

finally people who get my point.Fans here should stop blaming promotion and get a reality check 

I beg for differ. She needs all the promo to revive her dead brand. Glory is a good starting point but it doesn't seem like her team is pushing on it. Remember back when riri's four five second, American oxygen and ***** better have my money didn't do that well? Her team is smart enough to capture everyone's thirsts and reboot that era with massive buzz. Now riri is back on top again.

Or heck, look at Ryan Reynolds. People loathe him back when  especially with the green lantern movie. Now he had a hit with dead pool and everyone loves him to death. He's also smart enough to play the funny family husband/dad persona to capture everyone's interest.

britney needs that to be relevant again. Just saying...

Promotion works but it depends on how you promote. Team B was off to a good start by using the BBMAs to build hype from Britney, but they didn't capitalize on the hype when the original music video was scrapped and Make Me was left with no video for over 3 weeks. Britney is a visual artist and got popular because of her videos, the fact that her lead single didn't have a video for weeks was really what damaged any chance of the GP noticing that she had released a song. 

2 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Promotion and discounts DO work. Make Me was in the top 5 on iTunes for a week and reached #2 because of the VMAs and radio interviews plus a discount. And it wasn't the only big song being discounted. They gave up too early, it could've been a lot bigger.

I also think it was released too early like maybe slightly more near the VMAs.

Apparently Exhale decided to merge my comments :

Promotion actually is one reason but there are other reasons as well of course. 

Archived