BreatheHeavy's Top Albums of 2016

Aaron Butterfield

9 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Yeaaa but you can't deny the album was an incredible accomplishment :walkonby: 

Every objective person can. I mean, yeah, she has stealing performing skills (too agressive nowadays and not really joyful to watch, but that's just my opinion), but can you explain me why she exactly deserved #1 on your list? It's not like she had any hits this era. The only reason her first week sales was on point is surprise release factor and visuals for every song. What else she accomplished with "Lemonade"? Blackmailing VMA and winning Video of the year award for the song GP wasn't even aware of? Stealing whole concept, ideas and presenting it as hers, even receiving award for that? Getting Grammy nominations and booked performance months ago, when nominations weren't even revealed just because she has dad who works for Grammys? That's called good manipulation, not success if you ask me. You value that? If that's so, I don't have anything else to add. I respect good (creative, original) music no matter who sings it, I liked some songs on her previous album, but "Lemonade" is just not a good album. :mhm: 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, BaenjBitch said:

This is shady  AF @breatheheavy :nyheadache: On her own fan site and then to put it in the Britney section on top of that? Why don't you just delete the Britney forum while you're at it? There's more bad than good there anyways and you've clearly turned in your Stan card. 

BreatheHeavy is a general website and we all listen to a wide range of artists. We're not Britney centric and haven't been since 2014, neither are any of our music tastes. She's like our ground zero for pop music then we have other artists we all like too. We voted on this individually and totaled the results, it's not like one person just decided "Oh Beyonce". Lemonade got the highest total amount. For me I preferred Lemonade's cohesiveness, whereas Glory feels chaotic. I love both albums but I had to vote, so I did.

25 minutes ago, JessicaExhale said:

BreatheHeavy is a general website and we all listen to a wide range of artists. We're not Britney centric and haven't been since 2014

What's the point of Britney section then? A desperate call to keep the users of this forum still going? :byebitch: 

1 hour ago, JessicaExhale said:

BreatheHeavy is a general website and we all listen to a wide range of artists. We're not Britney centric and haven't been since 2014, neither are any of our music tastes. She's like our ground zero for pop music then we have other artists we all like too. We voted on this individually and totaled the results, it's not like one person just decided "Oh Beyonce". Lemonade got the highest total amount. For me I preferred Lemonade's cohesiveness, whereas Glory feels chaotic. I love both albums but I had to vote, so I did.

350 downvotes, I wonder why :staysalty:

Only Britney's fansite would have Beyonce beat her to number 1. :ipass:

Poor baby

The thing is, this proves that it's not about the music. It's about how it's marketed to people. The fact that a Britney fansite would know that is ALL Beyonce is about blows my mind. It's so obvious that since 4 'flopped' ,Beyonce got desperate to stay on top and Lemonade really shows it. She became pretentious musically because the internet generation of kids, are pretentious. Say you're doing a visual album whilst wearing edgy clothes and suckers eat it up as art. They really see fools like you guys coming.:kesha: 

Yet you think your opinion on music is worth hearing, it's not. :staysalty:

Archived