BreatheHeavy's Top Albums of 2016

Aaron Butterfield

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JessicaExhale said:

BreatheHeavy is a general website and we all listen to a wide range of artists. We're not Britney centric and haven't been since 2014, neither are any of our music tastes. She's like our ground zero for pop music then we have other artists we all like too. We voted on this individually and totaled the results, it's not like one person just decided "Oh Beyonce". Lemonade got the highest total amount. For me I preferred Lemonade's cohesiveness, whereas Glory feels chaotic. I love both albums but I had to vote, so I did.

:squintney: wtf

12 hours ago, alain0227 said:

So... a Britney fan can't appreciate Beyonce's music.
These "rivalry" is beyond silly.:sassybrit:

No, a Britney fan can definitely appreciate Beyonce's music IF it is good. Lemonade and her self-titled album are both absolute TRASH. Her first albums were fire. I'm a Britney fan, and love Beyonce's old music.

I do agree that Lemonade is Beyonce's best body of work thus far (it's also the first album of hers that I actually enjoy more than 4-6 songs) But the best albums released this year are Glory, Dangerous Woman, and Mad Love hands down.

Special shout-out to Tinashe's Nightride too :slayney:

Spoiler

(and I can't believe I'm saying this but- secret shout out to Little Mix's Glory Days as well)

8 hours ago, JessicaExhale said:

BreatheHeavy is a general website and we all listen to a wide range of artists. We're not Britney centric and haven't been since 2014, neither are any of our music tastes. She's like our ground zero for pop music then we have other artists we all like too. We voted on this individually and totaled the results, it's not like one person just decided "Oh Beyonce". Lemonade got the highest total amount. For me I preferred Lemonade's cohesiveness, whereas Glory feels chaotic. I love both albums but I had to vote, so I did.

Everyone has right to their own opinion, for sure. I respect that. But i know you are not really sitting there trying to convince people that Glory is more chaotic than Lemonade when literally each song from Lemonade is from a different genre :zoomzoom: Girl bye 

Featuring Britney’s most engaged, daring work in a decade, the record is the follow-up to 2007’s ‘Blackout’ that her fans have been hankering after for years. Taking a firmer hand in the creative process, Spears proves that those who’ve written off her artistic prowess are sorely mistaken

Yass 

1 hour ago, jcf523 said:

I do agree that Lemonade is Beyonce's best body of work thus far (it's also the first album of hers that I actually enjoy more than 4-6 songs) But the best albums released this year are Glory, Dangerous Woman, and Mad Love hands down.

Special shout-out to Tinashe's Nightride too :slayney:

Hide contents

(and I can't believe I'm saying this but- secret shout out to Little Mix's Glory Days as well)

Slay your tastes! Those are my tops as well. Two of them are very under appreciated 

4 minutes ago, A.D. said:

TiO is easily one of the greatest *** jams ever created. Period. :slayney:

My first comment got down-voted by one of the site's "writers" for thinking Lemonade wasn't as amazing as most media outlets claim it to be yet we Britney fans are the ones "who can't accept opinions" lol

P.S. @Arya, what's your take on this list?

It really isn't that amazing. It's literally the same Alternative R&B she's been doing for years, oh but she has a Country song now so I guess it's soooo revolutionaryyyyyy considering she's pandering to a social movement she couldn't care less about only because it's a convinient and popular topic and was the sole idea and creation of her PR team anyway.

She doesn't even have a high school diploma and y'all be thinking this heffer somehow woke af LMAO the gays are so easily fooled. :queenriri:

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It really isn't that amazing. It's literally the same Alternative R&B she's been doing for years, oh but she has a Country song now so I guess it's soooo revolutionaryyyyyy considering she's pandering to a social movement she couldn't care less about and was the creation of her PR team anyway.

She doesn't even have a high school diploma and y'all be thinking this heffer somehow woke af LMAO the gays are so easily fooled. :queenriri:

Archived