BreatheHeavy's Top Albums of 2016

Aaron Butterfield

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I don't even care. People have the right to their opinions, I'm just pissed off and pressed because they're shoving so many diamonds onto this turd to make it something it's not.

Is it a well made, cohesive album? Yes.

Is it revolutionary, trendsetting or game changing? No.

So why are so many people up this *****'s ******* considering this album as the magnum opus of 2016 when it's just Alternative R&B that I can find from the likes of Rihanna, BANKS, FKA twigs, etc. ?

I don't get the overrated *** appeal and I hope Adele or that rock singer come through and snatch that Grammy from her because I'M THAT PETTY. :queenriri:

****, reading this felt good.

22 minutes ago, avaaa said:

No wonder why Britney doesn't care about exhell

:cigney:

Lol :giggleney:

15 minutes ago, Britneybbhmm said:

It's a shame we r all here originally for Britney!

BH stands for BeyHive I guess...

tumblr_mt5ylkT6Ya1rtta3uo2_250.gif

Butt-licking Hippies :queenriri:

6 minutes ago, germanguy20 said:

Waiting for a writer of breatheheavy to comment saying britneys album was less cohesive than lemonade :uknowit:

Jordan's reply in 3...2...1... :uknowit: 

1 hour ago, A.D. said:

TiO is easily one of the greatest *** jams ever created. Period. :slayney:

My first comment got down-voted by one of the site's "writers" for thinking Lemonade wasn't as amazing as most media outlets claim it to be yet we Britney fans are the ones "who can't accept opinions" lol

P.S. @Arya, what's your take on this list?

Its trash as it could get, im not surprised tho. We came to the point where Beyoncé is seen as everything Madonna never was and If u disagree, u know nothing about music, ure a britard and Ur opinion doesnt matter bc limoshit was the most acclaimed album of the year with thief pretending shes a feminist although she mocks tina turner's abuse and photoshops her legs, takes down unflattering pics from internet and continues with her cheating husband, and finally acknowledging shes a Black woman while she makes her hair straight and blonde, bleaches her skin and does a nose job 

From what ive heard from her singles, i didnt like and id take blackstar, mind of mine, glory, anti, dangerous woman or even Joanne anyday of the week. So sue me midjordan bc i dont agree with critics opnions all the time and ill never think thief is the most amazing thing to Grace the earth. I have an opinion and it sicks me how everyone tries to act thief did smt revolutionary bc BLM is a thing now. Everyone is entitled to ur own opinion. Its not a fact. I bet there is people Who dont know or dont like ROL and its ok. If Madonna didnt please everyone, thief will? When she has Been copying artists for decades and her most selling album sold 11m? :beynah::trash::byebitch:

Im out :kesha:

I won't even check that list, Lemonade was great by a creative direction point of view but musically it was just average at most. I don't even see her own fans praising it's music anymore, when it first came out it was all about like 3 songs but it got boring after the first months and it's totally forgettable now. :forkit:

I would take Rihanna's Anti as the best pop album of 2016, cause let's be real, she went there and did that, ***** went full alt experimental slutty r&b goth when everyone was expecting a club-ready album and managed to make it commercially and critically successful against all odds. She's that *****, ngl. :queenriri:

21 hours ago, The Flash said:

OK this makes me so curious about Lemonade. I have never listened to it in full. Should I?

lemonade the visual is great but half of the album is great imo, the rest is okay. it's very overhyped imo nothing remotely groundbreaking

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I don't even care. People have the right to their opinions, I'm just pissed off and pressed because they're shoving so many diamonds onto this turd to make it something it's not.

Is it a well made, cohesive album? Yes.

Is it revolutionary, trendsetting or game changing? No.

So why are so many people up this *****'s ******* considering this album as the magnum opus of 2016 when it's just Alternative R&B that I can find from the likes of Rihanna, BANKS, FKA twigs, etc. ?

I don't get the overrated *** appeal and I hope Adele or that rock singer come through and snatch that Grammy from her because I'M THAT PETTY. :queenriri:

+ She has way too many Grammys, after her death only Halo, Single ladies and CIL will be remembered. :queenriri:

• Super Mods
21 hours ago, A.D. said:

Of course I can deny it given that I'm STILL allowed to have an opinion and don't feel the need to jump on every band-wagon. Great marketing doesn't equal great quality. But I get why you're into Beyoncé so much, what you both lack in writing skills you make up for in controversy and rumors :queenriri:

A.D cancelled Exhale! :queenriri: And Jordan's now non-existent weave! :queenflopga:

Lemonade is the best album released this year. It has variety, it has a great (real or fictional) storyline. Amazing production, it's masterfully crafted. The visuals are great.

Beyoncé's vocal delivery spans all kind of emotions. Every track serves a purpose and it has so many layers. The thought and time that went into doing the album puts almost all other releases this year to shame. The massive logistics for the release to maximize publicity, tickets and album sales. The dedication when it came to the very few promo performances. The world tour.

Credit should be given where it's due. Wether you like her and her album or not Lemonade delivered in every category. you all can seethe.

48 minutes ago, BratzBitch said:

Someone made a very interesting post about how Glory actually tells a story. I don't remember who that member was, but his interpretation was very clever and, imo, quite plausible if you analyze the tracks a bit. 

I never saw it that way, however, now that you've pointed that out if you changed the track listing it very well could tell the story of someone looking for something more from a casual *** type relationship.

1.Invitation 2.Do You Wanna Come Over? 3.Change Your Mind 4.Make Me 5.What You Need 6.Private Show 7.If I'm Dancing 8.Slumber Party 10.Coupure Electrique 11.Love Me Down 12.Clumsy 13.Just Luv Me 14.Better 15.Liar 16.Just Like Me

54 minutes ago, Drogon said:

Lemonade is the best album released this year. It has variety, it has a great (real or fictional) storyline. Amazing production, it's masterfully crafted. The visuals are great.

Beyoncé's vocal delivery spans all kind of emotions. Every track serves a purpose and it has so many layers. The thought and time that went into doing the album puts almost all other releases this year to shame. The massive logistics for the release to maximize publicity, tickets and album sales. The dedication when it came to the very few promo performances. The world tour.

Credit should be given where it's due. Wether you like her and her album or not Lemonade delivered in every category. you all can seethe.

An album that tells a story and exhibits emotion?

OMG THATS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE

:ricackle:

1 hour ago, Curious_1110 said:

Well, by definition Lemonade is a concept album therefore it is objectively more cohesive than Glory. From track 1-11 Lemonade has a narrative arc that's easy to follow. Glory is an excellent pop album, but concept albums, true concept albums are rare and people praise them on a different level (see The Dark Side of The Moon)

Melanie Martinez and Lana Del Rey among others released a concept album. Where's her year end #1 and Grammy?

Let's be real, she's only getting the attention because she's Beyonce. It's not that deep or special. :madonna:

Archived