The Reason this era is flopping.

jesusd29

56 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

Oh please stop with these excuses. No popstar remains popular during their whole career.

At some point people move on and stop paying attention. This is what's happening.

We didn't get promo during BJ and we thought that was the problem but now that we got promo and the music is actually good the same thing is happening.

I think we should stop wanting Britney to be on the top of the charts, cause it'll probably not happen and be happy we get good music this time.

We are getting promo but for her music...not for  glory

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It flopped 'cause Britney doesn't care/wants to be the it girl anymore (so what?).... she is an icon.. legendary... you guys still don't get it?

Why are you all so obsessed to her being on "top"? Can't you see that she already achieved EVERYTHING any artist out there wants? Do you all would like to peruse the same damn thing obsessively for your entire life? Being perfect every time? Be on the top every time, forever? She has already been there a long time ago when she was almost just a kid... and showed she wasn't happy with all that, we all know that but seem it needs to be repeated... she tried to leave it all... but she couldn't 'cause she is ******* Britney Spears... and even if she just stopped everything, somebody would still made money of her (POM lyrics), while she gets "nothing"... NOW she is doing things the way she wants... the timing she wants.... dancing/moving the way she likes... singing or not... she is finally controlling what the world gets from her. She is not enslaved or imprisoned (POM TCSBS performance) to be perfect and give or be what other people wants her to do or be.... she will not be the way we call PERFECT.. she is a grown up woman and will be the way she thinks it's good for her.... Glory flopped.... Glory is an amazing album.. I wouldn't trade it by some other thing that is on top now... This year has been amazing... She did a "great job" at POM... Gave us a MV with Britney quality... the BBMA 2016 slayage (plus the Millennium Award)... JUST ENJOY IT! :martin:

...and not being disreputable with Bey (since some mentioned her), but when she really started to be a thing, Britney already was a legend on the "top" at her glorious ITZ era, already had achieved everything any artist would dream... than she left, HERSELF, from that spot.. nobody toked her away from there... she did it HERSELF... by her on will (actually cause of her problems, but SHE moved away herself)...

Plus, she isn't doing that bad on charts, like, she has almost a 20 years career, made trough some real sh@#, educate ourselves... maybe looks so so for some of you, but it's impressive for me:

Anyway, sorry if I've been rude and for the bible 2.0 :paper:

Just needed to spill it...

:cutesybrit::kisses2all:

Good and bad can be found in anything.  Now that its flopping it's easy to go back and say this is why when in actuality it's so much deeper than a couple of reasons.  This album is another Vegas album.  It's intentions weren't to sell a million.  It's just to appease the fans who can afford to make it to her show.  

A) The original MM video was NOT amazing & in fact I think all of the issues with the 1st single could have set a negative tone for the rest of the era (behind the scenes)

B) I am one who doesn't think this era is flopping. Britney's career doesn't really need charts right this minute (although it would b nice). This era was more about getting her backbone back into the game. Getting her trending & putting out an album that wasn't too commercial. The era did what it was supposed to do!

9 hours ago, ukfan said:

Oh great.  more Debbie downer threads. 

I get what your trying to say but seriously can you all just shut the **** up. i don't want to log into exhale just to read negative Nancy threads..  sorry :truthtea:

Spill it sis. I'm sick of it too. This place used to be so much fun. Now it's full of so much negativity and judgment, most of it aimed at Britney herself. 

4 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

Oh please stop with these excuses. No popstar remains popular during their whole career.

At some point people move on and stop paying attention. This is what's happening.

We didn't get promo during BJ and we thought that was the problem but now that we got promo and the music is actually good the same thing is happening.

I think we should stop wanting Britney to be on the top of the charts, cause it'll probably not happen and be happy we get good music this time.

This. 

Spoiler
15 hours ago, jesusd29 said:

So i posted this as a comment but i wanted to make a thread about it because why not. 

Flawless Music, no comment on that.

Good Choices but bad excecutions.

The Release date! it could've been #1. :tiffanycries:

The Make me original video was amazing, but it was scrapped. :crying1: 

The VMAs were such a good opportunity, but it was too cheap and simple when everybody's expectation were really high.

The festivals were a good idea too, but she's not promoting Glory, she's promoting Vegas. :sassybrit:

The Glory Re-release with SP Remix was a good idea too, but they told nobody and only we knew about it.

And Finally Slumber Party being the 2nd single was the right choice but they didn't even release it as an individual single on iTunes or Spotify and it's flopping. :crying2: 

Am i missing something? 

Ok so first off I want to clarify a few things... AND I want to make it very c;ear that these are my honest opinions. These are things that have disappointed me and I think if her team did a risk assessment (or did it differently) things may have gone a different direction.

The songs are good and catchy but the album lacks something that gives it that POP. I've said this before elsewhere but we needed a song like Work B, Toxic, Gimme More, Circus, Get Back, Been a While, My Prerogative, Boom Boom, Womanizer... Something punchy. A song like one of those should have also been used as the main single. MY opinion.

I signed the petition to have the original Make Me video released BUT... Let's get real here. It was awful. The ONLY PART of the video that was worth watching was the dance routine which they could have kept! Watching "Orange Gyms" ad on TV then throwing the TV into your pool killing your dancer... Does that sound like a hit video for a song about love making? Honestly?

Before music videos are made (and films), the director normally creates a story board proposal and explains the meaning behind each aspect. If Britney's team thought it was a dud they SHOULD have turned it down or changed it early on rather than recording the whole thing then complaining - How much money did they loose on it?

Now... EVERYONE has seen Britney's "letting loose" instagram video and she STILL HAS HER MOVES! Why do such poor choreography for Make Me? Why such low production value on the video and on the stage at VMAs? Look at her older performances, heck look at Circus with the pyrotechnics!

She re-released Glory but her video originally had different audio that sounded better than the original single. Britney sang the second half of Tinashe's first verse starting "Let's fill up this clawfoot bath with bubbles...". Britney came in and sang "If it's seven minutes in heaven..." It sounded like a REAL duet. Taking turns in singing doesn't sound as good, dynamic or friendly.

Re-releasing the single as part of her album is GOOD! HOWEVER, she should have done something like Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea with the "reloaded" albums that had 5 extra tracks. Gaga did this too a while back... I think the "Fame Monster" album? Separate album, extra songs, different cover and new look.

Thats all folks! :foh:

11 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

She can balance the two acts. she has the option unlike her peers JLO. Britney is still hot and current and can launch TOP singles and albums. her current promo of POM over GLORY is hurting her. She needs to promote to her career(GLORY) not POM. If she did it would ignite her fan base and new fans to her current music and reinvigorate her POM audience. her team need to listen to the fans release the original perfume and make me video, release the original gimme more. we want her vision not what her team thinks is best. she needs to because her core fan base is shrinking because of things like that. 

I know, right  ? She needs a real team, and whoever says the contrary is ******* wrong. Wake up, people. Her team Scks! I think her career is already dead, just because of that cancer we call Britney "team", more like Britney undercover haters united to kill her career. I'm done. 
PREACH IT, BABY! GOOD IDEAS, BUT TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE EXECUTIONS. Are they amateurs ? 

Archived