Britney Spears Performs At Jingle Ball In L.A.

Jordan Miller

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Britneyisfire said:

Because this is not for the public. This is for that station's area and it's their Xmas show. There are tons of them. This is something that artists do to get in good with radio.

How this is not for the public? Didn't they sell tickets and stuff? I mean, I would understand if there was like a private show by just one artist or something. But why even announce the lineup and stuff in social media, if nobody else is supposed to watch it? They should just do local promo for the people that can attend, and leave the rest of the world without knowing anything at all.

What I mean is, even if they're radio, it's promo for them after all, just like they broadcasted the iHeartFestival and such. They should at least broadcast it on radio (I ignore if they're actually doing it). I guess I'll never get it :P

6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

How this is not for the public? Didn't they sell tickets and stuff? I mean, I would understand if there was like a private show by just one artist or something. But why even announce the lineup and stuff in social media, if nobody else is supposed to watch it? They should just do local promo for the people that can attend, and leave the rest of the world without knowing anything at all.

What I mean is, even if they're radio, it's promo for them after all, just like they broadcasted the iHeartFestival and such. They should at least broadcast it on radio (I ignore if they're actually doing it). I guess I'll never get it :P

Meaning it's not for you and me at home and in other areas that the stations don't reach. It's only for people that are fans of that station that go to the show. That's why there are so many of them for so many different radio stations.  All of these summer and winter concerts are about the radio stations and not the fans. Artists do them to get in good with radio. 

iHeartFestival is different because it's all stations. These individual shows are for those areas. 

Archived