Where does she fit in, in current pop music?

CharlieBlue8

Looking at this picture made me realize something.  Although she seems like this untouchable, successful, iconic popstar she also seems distant from the current landscape of artists.  Her music is good, she's cute and funny and still pretty but something doesn't fit the way it used to.  It's weird.  I can't put my finger on it and I can't put my finger on exactly why either.  Like I feel like she's unrelatable to them.  I can't see them doing an interview together and vibing off one or another or any other current artist tbh.  

britney-bruno-mars-collabo.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

Looking at this picture made me realize something.  Although she seems like this untouchable, successful, iconic popstar she also seems distant from the current landscape of artists.  Her music is good, she's cute and funny and still pretty but something doesn't fit the way it used to.  It's weird.  I can't put my finger on it and I can't put my finger on exactly why either.  Like I feel like she's unrelatable to them.  I can't see them doing an interview together and vibing off one or another or any other current artist tbh.  

britney-bruno-mars-collabo.jpg

Because unlike all the other fake pop stars with their plastic and fragile facades/personas, Britney has been ripped and torn down for the whole world to see. We have seen her at her best and at her absolute worst. We have seen Britney the pop star and Britney the fragile human being that all of us are.

They all want the world to think they're perfect, "godly" and not like you and me. She will never relate to them and they can never relate to her. She's a place above them on a personal level that some of them will never reach.

Its because Britney is a legend and those are not her peers. Those are kids who grew up idolizing her.

Just because Britney is young, it doesn't change the fact that the industry regards her as a legend. Everyone knows her music, everyone has heard versions of her life story and everyone knows she isn't playing the the same game they're playing. 

Those are not her peers, they are not her competition. Britney is a legend still releasing new music that gets played on the radio, and thats rare.

4 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

Because unlike all the other fake pop stars with their plastic and fragile facades/personas, Britney has been ripped and torn down for the whole world to see. We have seen her at her best and at her absolute worst. We have seen Britney the pop star and Britney the fragile human being that all of us are.

They all want the world to think they're perfect, "godly" and not like you and me. She will never relate to them and they can never relate to her. She's a place above them on a personal level that some of them will never reach.

I wanna believe that's why but I'm not so sure...

1 minute ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

I wanna believe that's why but I'm not so sure...

If I put myself in Britney's shoes I would be OVER trying to be famous and flashy. I wouldn't be able to relate to the shallow popstars of today. I'd keep thinking that they know nothing of life.

i think she fits in because she encompasses that mysterious, fickle, fleeting aspect of celebrity and pop culture and amazing pop music, combined with being a sweet southern girl built up, torn down, and then brought up again....it just touches something deep in all of us that no other artist really has. and sometimes it makes ppl feel uncomfortable, or they dont have a place in their mind or hearts for her music cause they reject the notion of celebrity or manufactured pop music but you just cant touch britney spears. no one can put their finger on her, no one knows what happened in 07, or ever since. i think some young generations dont understand or dont seem to care but that element of mystery always surrounds her. 

she has a status of fame that far exceeds the current crop of new artists (bruno, bieber, Selena, the weeknd, drake). but her level of success in terms of sales and social media impact isn't at their level. 

It seems like everyone knows EVERYTHING about her, when they really don't..so its really hard to pinpoint her "image" these days. I think she's just being herself and enjoying vegas/glory era.

i think you are referring to the other worldly mystique that exists around britney due to how her life has really played like a hollywood film for the entire world's consumption. after her breakdown, she has been kept away from the public and is very guarded, in the same way that beyonce is. that is why both britney and beyonce are viewed as kind of like the "other", or the "alienesque." 

She isn't one to maintain an image for a long time. She pops in and out, she always has. For BOMT-OIDIA, she had a steady image. Between OIDIA and Britney, she dissappeared and they forgor about her for a quick minute. Between Britney-ITZ, they forgot about her. Between literally every era besides the first two or three, she has gone away and came back strong. She isn't one to live that mainstream celebrity life. She goes out when something is released of hers and goes back in. She's just down to earth and humble like that. She's a legend, she can do that.

Britney doesn't fit in anymore because people all around the world know that America is the enemy. During Britney's heyday, America was the hope of the world. She was an American institution, right up there next to apple pie and the American flag, and her foreign relations power, the fascination she inspired over Asian, Muslim and European countries, was bigger than Congress, which explains why she has so much political power even today for a celebrity.

But now we know the US bombed their own World Trade Center so they could create the War On Terror and kill Muslims. We know the Pentagon spent 54 million taxpayer dollars to film fake terrorist videos in Hollywood studios and blame them on Al-Queda. We know your election is a sham and your candidates are picked behind closed doors. We know America is bombing Libya and Syria to steal their oil & gold & natural resources. We know your police officers are actually white supremacists who belong to the Ku Klux Klan. We know Hillary Clinton funded ISIS to bomb innocent civilians for profit. We know the US government invented the Zika virus to trick the world into vaccination treatments. And we know nothing is ever going to change. And if you don't believe any of this is true, Google each sentence.

Britney's decline in relevance is only representative of America's decline in influence. Nothing more, nothing less. The world has moved on from America, the only thing we use your country for anymore is Hollywood, and thanks to streaming & illegal downloading, America's only relevant contribution to the rest of the world is also their cheapest, most disposable commodity.

Archived