Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

5 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

I know right. Are those new fans? Have they seen videos of her old performances??? Like, if they think that that was a lot of dancing, I wonder what would they call what she did back then.

LOL who are you???? C'mon at me girl, questioning if I'm a "new fan"??? LOL what. What happened before your 50 posts?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

Get ready cuz this will be a rant and sorry if there's any typos, but I NEED to educate all these young flops. :lessons: 

I CAN'T, SERIOUSLY, I CAN'T with everybody complaining about everything related to her iHeartRadio performance. How dare you? She looked incredible, she was full of energy and she seemed like she wanted to be there the whole time! 

"Her dancing was weak compared to her BBMAs"

Are you serious? The BBMAs was a Megamix of 10 minutes while this one was a full 30-min show with barely any rest. Also, she got to move less during BOM/TOMH while here she only had that time during the Toxic intro. What did you guys wanted? 30 minutes full of cohreography? She needed those walks, she danced a lot and executed it really well, just not the whole 30 min set, cuz NOBODY could do it.

"She looked tired at the end"

WHO WOULD'NT! This is the first time she does a showcase since forever and back in 2004 her showcases, like the Korean one, had Breathe on Me in between (Britney sitting on a sofa while moving her hips), not to mention that it was a 15 minute showcase, not 30 freaking minutes. 

"It was Piece of Me all over again"

I can't with this one... The BBMAs were Piece of Me highlights, this one was a full resume and finally the GP got to see some stuff like the Toxic breakdown. I mean, did you heard the screams when she was throwing herself in the air? Give me a break! That setlist was very well thought and you wouldn't expect a whole new choreo since her Axis shows are a whole different public than iHeart's.

"VMAs Make Me again"

AND I'M SO GLAD. That's what she needed to do at the VMAs: The same thing, but with more production. If she wanted to do the hands background thingy, then she should have done it as an intro and then go on with what we saw at the iHeartRadio Music Festival.

"Come Over shouldn't be the 2nd single"

If Come Over gets to be the 2nd single from Glory, I wouldn't mind. It's an uptempo and she needs that now instead of everybody picking yet another midtempo/ballad. As much as I love some of the tracks from Glory, she needs to go with an uptempo. She's not Adele, she's not Sia. Heck, even Sia is topping the charts with an uptempo now.

"She lipsynced the whole thing"

I'm not even gonna waste my writing on this matter. She's been doing it since 2000, MOVE ON.

Seriously, IDK why are you guys complaining. She's promoting, even if she's only doing 2 songs from Glory. Unlike the VMAs, the media is praising her. You guys are gonna be the reason she retires too soon and it's because you're never satisfied. We got a great album, we're getting promo, she danced, she was energetic, she killed it and she's looking incredible.

PERIOD.

523452223523-600x446.png

After all these things... Yeah... She should retire.:verycool:

2 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

I don't think her fans expect her to have Adele vocals :jackk: Britney vocals, absolutely tho! She obviously has a beautiful voice. So I'd love to see a song live or semi live, even if it was one song! Or chorus of one song.

People also expect Britney to be dancing 100% all the time, but she can also take a pause from dancing during the show by singing a ballad or midtempo and people would be slayed by simply that.

But I've seen fans here say that Britney would never do that, the idea of her singing a song without dancing or crazy production seems boring to them, and that they value the performance rather than vocals. And that's cool, nothing wrong. But one amazing ballad or midtempo live, to me, doesn't seem boring.

**Also, to clarify because people here are so on edge, I am not bashing her iHeart performance or Britney in general.**

Now this is an opinion and I agree. Hopefully she's able to sing a ballad soon.

I'm here for this, not the "I'm leaving, she's a flop" threads some fans are doing.

come on, I respect her for what ever she wants to do but she clearly doesn't want to put 100% into her performances anymore for whatever reason. If she did we wouldn't get watered down routines and shameless lip syncing to the point where she doesn't even lip the right parts. It isn't about being ungrateful etc  - it's about knowing exactly what she is capable of and what she is delivering in the now. It's excruciatingly clear she doesn't rehearse enough but if she is happy with that then fine and good for her. Nothing wrong with with people having different opinions about the situation, why should the customers not be allowed to have a negative opinion?:idkney:

Just one thought; She isnt in her early twenties. I've seen her in her prime, as everyone calls it, she was amazing then, I agree.
BUT thats just NOT HER ANYMORE! Its just her current self and while I hope she will sing a ballad live at some point etc. I just think you are just waisting ur time here if you only want to see the 20-year-old Britney. ... unless you have a time machine!

ps. I LOVED IHEART! SHE GAVE US THE BEST SHOW IN YEARS!!! Who knows what she will do next (unless she reads these threads here which I hope she never does)

11 minutes ago, Mario Posey said:

Listen if anyone here has a problem with Britney

You can always go stan Katy Perry and her colorful wigs, Ariana Mocha Latte Grande, Demi "delete it fat" Lovato, Thiefonce, Nekci Menij, Rhenna.

There are plenty of other people to go stan for if Britney is such a flop to anyone on this forum, why stay and burden yourself?

I'm tired of seeing threads like "I'm about to turn in my stan card" okay?? We dont give a **** so if you do thats something for you to deal with

I think some of you are missing the fact that people complaining are at least being optimistic and hoping for her to evolve. Meanwhile the majority of people praising the performance have become complacent and just accept whatever she gives them. The latter is more dangerous to her career, mainly because a core fanbase can only do so much. An entertainer has to appeal at least somewhat to people outside that core fanbase. 

6 minutes ago, Wombat said:

Just one thought; She isnt in her early twenties. I've seen her in her prime, as everyone calls it, she was amazing then, I agree.
BUT thats just NOT HER ANYMORE! Its just her current self and while I hope she will sing a ballad live at some point etc. I just think you are just waisting ur time here if you only want to see the 20-year-old Britney. ... unless you have a time machine!

ps. I LOVED IHEART! SHE GAVE US THE BEST SHOW IN YEARS!!! Who knows what she will do next (unless she reads these threads here which I hope she never does)

Lots of artists try not to check Internet often. Look at all these young stars leaving Twitter, Instagram or saying during Interviews that they got depressed reading comments on social media about themselves.

Hopefully Britney is aware of all that hate Internet has and she's not reading it.

I think she put on a really entertaining show last night! She had so much confidence and attitude!
I feel like fans are getting impatient with her cause she isn't improving as a performer as fast as they want her to. She has come a long way since 2011, but she still has some way to go when it comes to confidence and fluidity in her dancing.
And about the lipsyncing. Yes, it would be great with some live singing. But at iHeart she was dancing in every song. She would've been completely out of breath. Remember Everytime at Onyx Tour, when she was in her early 20s. She sat down and sang and it didn't sound too good, to be honest. The comment section of that video is filled with bashing. I'd rather she just use some pre-recorded vocals and put on entertaining shows.

3 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

I think some of you are missing the fact that people complaining are at least being optimistic and hoping for her to evolve. Meanwhile the majority of people praising the performance have become complacent and just accept whatever she gives them. The latter is more dangerous to her career, mainly because a core fanbase can only do so much. An entertainer has to appeal at least somewhat to people outside that core fanbase. 

I dont take everything she does as a gift from heaven and I think she can do even better. There's just a difference with complaining about everything and not realising that even for a star like Britney, gaining her old star-stamina back doesnt come overnight. I think you just need to realise that! I truly think she was really stiff ten years ago and I thought she will surely retire soon but now I feel like she's just climing the ladder again, IMPROVING AFTER EVERY SINGLE PERFORMANCE SHE DOES....

6 minutes ago, 4darkchildney said:

I think she put on a really entertaining show last night! She had so much confidence and attitude!
I feel like fans are getting impatient with her cause she isn't improving as a performer as fast as they want her to. She has come a long way since 2011, but she still has some way to go when it comes to confidence and fluidity in her dancing.
And about the lipsyncing. Yes, it would be great with some live singing. But at iHeart she was dancing in every song. She would've been completely out of breath. Remember Everytime at Onyx Tour, when she was in her early 20s. She sat down and sang and it didn't sound too good, to be honest. The comment section of that video is filled with bashing. I'd rather she just use some pre-recorded vocals and put on entertaining shows.

Exactly what I was thinking.. everyone's just too impatient. And I watched that video of Everytime recently and I adore her for doing it but when she stopped singing, you could tell from her face she knew it didnt go well.  But I'm still hopefull she will do one someday again...

6 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

So you think we don't hope for her to improve and do better than she already is?

I've said in many posts what Britney is missing is high energy, she could do these same routines and if she had that fierce energy every time she had to strike a move that I would be gagging every single time. Just because i liked some things about what she was serving me at iHeart means I thought everything she did was flaw free. But some people are acting like it was the worst thing in the history of performances.

Its like yall think we have Britneys worst interest in at heart just because we didn't hate every single thing about the performance lol.

She did AMAZING! The weakest part, and what sort of killed it was including Stronger/Crazy (probably a bad decision on her/her team's part). I mean it didn't "kill" it, but it did make all the hype and excitement that she had been building up prior to those songs sort of calmn down a bit... Like, my dad doesn't really loooove Britney, but he was surprisingly entertained when I was showing him the performance!! But at this point (Stronger/Crazy) my dad asked "how long is her performance?" so I think those songs sort of killed the high. Apart from that, it was a perfect illusion! I'm loving it the more I watch it, Britney worked her *** off. :wontcry: Maybe if she does shorter performances she would be able to add more choreography to her number... Otherwise, she was there for almost 30 minutes, that's a lot if you're Britney Spears.

Archived